Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

:lol: As soon as I can get a message out, you will all hear!

Yes, please do not leave us in suspense! GOOD LUCK at the interview :thumbs::dance:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, where was everyone yesterday??? It was way too quiet in here :wacko: I only had 2 pages to read!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

What do you think about this :( I got a reply from Scotland police today saying chris police report was mailed out sept 12 but it has not arrive but when the lady said the SCOTTISH reply was sent that date i was like hmmm wait i thought she said her check includes both England and Scotland!!! So i write her back and she says well they send it over to England too so i called England and how about they say they do not have him in their computer NOWHERE anyways they are checking on it with scotland. My question is , he was only there for 3 months so maybe i dont have to worry abt England???? He was in Scotland right after England for a few years. Next worry or concern is that he was over there this entire time on a passport!!! back in 2002 i do believe i have to check the forms Do you think this will at all come up in the interview or cause a problem :help:

No, if he was in England for only 3 months, he DOESN'T need a police certificate, it's 6 months and longer...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That's right JA!! Strictly POSITIVE vibes that day!!!

Gill

Yu know...only positivety mi ah deal wid...Thanks so much

VJ family - Because of you all, I feel prepared for whatever may come. Thanks for all the info that you all so graciously shared. :wub::wub: I got mad love for you all, even when it gets a little testy :lol::lol:

My prayers are with ya.......

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

I'm late but me too, I have to cook three meals, one for me, the kids and then hubby :blink:

Craig eats absolutely everything....well except for broccoli. I've cooked everything, every which way and he eats every last drop... never ever complains. I just throw dishes together and he jokes that I'm trying to kill him. I am the one that just can't stomach ackee and calaloo, actually most jamaican food. He makes dumplings and they are okay. He makes the best darn chicken dishes!! He says he doesn't really "miss" jamaican food, sometimes he would like to have some...but there's no JA restaurants close to us and the one place we went to (30 min from us)....just way too darn expensive!!

Have you tried Tashes Ankh, in Randallstown on Liberty Road, thats not too far from Elicott City arent you there? Then theres Judy's on Park Heights i like that one best but there are so many others. Tashes is the closest ive never tried them.

Tashes Ankh Caribbean Carryout is located at 8045 Liberty Rd Windsor Mill, MD. Phone: 410-922-9196

http://www.tashesankh.com/AboutUs.html

Judy's Island Grill and Bake Shop

5216 Park Heights Ave.

Park Heights

Baltimore, MD

410-367-0272

http://www.judysislandgrill.com/

Thanks for the info, never heard of either of those places!! Even my jamaican friend never told me 'bout them. The 1st one is 15 min from us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
TAM...good vibes and good luck, safe trip...can't wait for that APPROVAL :dance::dance: bring hubby home !!

DITTO!!! You will be just fine.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys u can buy Ackee from ghe Grace website.

http://buygracefoods.com/site/product.cfm?id=ackees_can

You should be able to.

My girl...My girl...my girl! Yuh knoa mi love yuh like cook food doan? Nuff prayers gwaan hup fe yuh and yuh sweets. Mi wish mi dere pon plane gwaan back a yaad.

Mr Ja Tam come back wid yuh? Are you flying back after he gets the visa? *sigh* I dreaming right now...I can't wait until I see A walking in the Hartsfield/Jackson airport toward me...or beside me. As long as it's on this side of the ocean...LOL

I have been very sad lately. I am overwhelmed by the long wait that I have ahead of me. I started shutting down over the last few days, and I don't know how to continue coping. :( I miss A so much.

I know ...Listen Sis, One day One day!! Look maybe look at it like this...this time next year he will be here! Take it day by day and remember the father never gives you anything that you can't manage!!! You can do this Chica! He wouldn't have taken you to JA. to meet A.,and fall in love, if he didn't think yuh couldda manage! Be strong and know we are here for you! Plus, this just gives you more time fi save and plan!!

Plus, keep telling yourself..."This too shall pass, this too shall pass!" Seriously, that is how I get through sometimes!

Just hang in Babes and know we are here for you and we KNOW what you are going through!

Love & blessings,

Gill (L)

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You should be able to.

My girl...My girl...my girl! Yuh knoa mi love yuh like cook food doan? Nuff prayers gwaan hup fe yuh and yuh sweets. Mi wish mi dere pon plane gwaan back a yaad.

Mr Ja Tam come back wid yuh? Are you flying back after he gets the visa? *sigh* I dreaming right now...I can't wait until I see A walking in the Hartsfield/Jackson airport toward me...or beside me. As long as it's on this side of the ocean...LOL

I have been very sad lately. I am overwhelmed by the long wait that I have ahead of me. I started shutting down over the last few days, and I don't know how to continue coping. :( I miss A so much.

We have all been there. You CAN do this. Just hang in there. A Soon come.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
This made me so sad. Andre cooks nearly every night. If I cook more then twice a month, I am complaining.

Consider yourself lucky :yes: Tony doesn't get home from work most nights until 6 or 7pm. By the time he showers and gets ready to cook, it's getting late. I usually like to eat around 6 or 7 - if he started cooking that late, we wouldn't eat til 9. Not to mention, he's dead tired on most days and doesn't feel like cooking. Needless to say, we go out a lot or get carry-out :innocent:

We have some of the same problems, Rhonda. I work two jobs and Andre's shifts vary; but are mostly the opposite of mine. He cooks when he can and I eat them as leftovers. Works wonderfully well.

I'm not much on carryout or eating out too much. I just get so tired of it.

Sarah......so glad to see you on here. Andre was asking how Marlon was doing.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline

You should be able to.

We have all been there. You CAN do this. Just hang in there. A Soon come.

Yeah mon, no worries, may Jah send many blessings yeh way. One deh yeh soon set back and give tanks fi de strength dis process ya bring ti yeh. (F)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

In case anyone is interested:

Three days of 'Curefest' in western Jamaica

published: Thursday | September 20, 2007

Reggae artiste Jah Cure addresses journalists at the launch of 'Curefest', a series of concerts, at the Cable and Wireless Golf Acadamy on Tuesday. - Colin Hamilton/Freelance Photographer

Singer Jah Cure will make his first major performance in Jamaica since his release from prison on the third and last day of his very own 'Curefest', slated for Friday, October 12, to Sunday, October 14, in Trelawny and St. James.

And when he performs on Longing For, the climactic concert at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium in Greenwood, he will be far from alone. Dennis Howard of Jahmento Productions outlined an extensive line-up of performers to those gathered for the official 'Curefest' launch at the Cable and Wireless Golf Academy, New Kingston, on Tuesday evening.

Among the nearly 50 scheduled performers are Morgan Heritage, Cocoa Tea, Lady Saw, George Nooks, Tarrus Riley, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Capleton, Ninja Man, Queen Ifrika, Barrington Levy, TOK, Wayne Marshall, Mavado and Prodigal Son. Howard also announced that Beres Hammond is the big surprise for 'Curefest'.

Line of performers

Hammond is not the only standout performer whose name was not on the screen who will also be a part of 'Curefest', as Karen Smith will be performing, along with Etana and Live Wyya, at the festival opening 'Reflections', an all-white birthday party for Jah Cure, which will be hosted by the singer at the Starfish Hotel in Trelawny.

On Saturday, October 13, the festival moves to Pier 1 in Montego Bay, St. James, for '45 Cures', a selector spin-off which will pit radio disc jockeys against sound systems and selectors. Among those who will play are Danger Zone, ZJ Liquid, Black Chiney, DJ Wayne, Little Richie, DJ Sunshine, Sky Juice, DJ Sparks, Stone Love, ZJ Nikki Z, Fire Links and ZJ Chrome.

Guest speaker Leachim Semaj, using examples from the books of James, John and Matthew in the Bible, noted that "talent is neutral". He said that while the talent that you have is God's gift to you, what you do with that talent is your gift to God."

President of the Jamaica Federation of Musicians (JFM) Desi Young said: "On behalf of the JFM, this is an endorsement of talent that has impressed, but the circumstances led to some absence. The fraternity is united in its support for this artiste (Jah Cure) going forward, showcasing this talent that the world has come to gravitate to."

Allan Green of the Western Society for the Upliftment of Children, which along with the Alpha Boys School will benefit from 'Curefest' gave thanks for the "timely donation".

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Here is a picture of a Jamaican 40 leg http://www.peleyard.com/Jamaica%202007/Ani.../40%20Legs.html and other Jamaican animals.

Seeing that picture made my skin crawl :blink:

Rhaatid!!! mine too!! Mi tink me saw one adem 40 leg tings while in JA :unsure:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Three days of 'Curefest' in western Jamaica

published: Thursday | September 20, 2007

Reggae artiste Jah Cure addresses journalists at the launch of 'Curefest', a series of concerts, at the Cable and Wireless Golf Acadamy on Tuesday. - Colin Hamilton/Freelance Photographer

Singer Jah Cure will make his first major performance in Jamaica since his release from prison on the third and last day of his very own 'Curefest', slated for Friday, October 12, to Sunday, October 14, in Trelawny and St. James.

And when he performs on Longing For, the climactic concert at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium in Greenwood, he will be far from alone. Dennis Howard of Jahmento Productions outlined an extensive line-up of performers to those gathered for the official 'Curefest' launch at the Cable and Wireless Golf Academy, New Kingston, on Tuesday evening.

Among the nearly 50 scheduled performers are Morgan Heritage, Cocoa Tea, Lady Saw, George Nooks, Tarrus Riley, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Capleton, Ninja Man, Queen Ifrika, Barrington Levy, TOK, Wayne Marshall, Mavado and Prodigal Son. Howard also announced that Beres Hammond is the big surprise for 'Curefest'.

Line of performers

Hammond is not the only standout performer whose name was not on the screen who will also be a part of 'Curefest', as Karen Smith will be performing, along with Etana and Live Wyya, at the festival opening 'Reflections', an all-white birthday party for Jah Cure, which will be hosted by the singer at the Starfish Hotel in Trelawny.

On Saturday, October 13, the festival moves to Pier 1 in Montego Bay, St. James, for '45 Cures', a selector spin-off which will pit radio disc jockeys against sound systems and selectors. Among those who will play are Danger Zone, ZJ Liquid, Black Chiney, DJ Wayne, Little Richie, DJ Sunshine, Sky Juice, DJ Sparks, Stone Love, ZJ Nikki Z, Fire Links and ZJ Chrome.

Guest speaker Leachim Semaj, using examples from the books of James, John and Matthew in the Bible, noted that "talent is neutral". He said that while the talent that you have is God's gift to you, what you do with that talent is your gift to God."

President of the Jamaica Federation of Musicians (JFM) Desi Young said: "On behalf of the JFM, this is an endorsement of talent that has impressed, but the circumstances led to some absence. The fraternity is united in its support for this artiste (Jah Cure) going forward, showcasing this talent that the world has come to gravitate to."

Allan Green of the Western Society for the Upliftment of Children, which along with the Alpha Boys School will benefit from 'Curefest' gave thanks for the "timely donation".

OMGoodness!!! I'm so jealous!! I WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying::crying: That's right in Ken's backyard!! JALOVE will be down there then...I wonder if she'll go! That sounds like an AMAZING concert!!! Thanks for sharing JG...I'm calling Ken right now to tell him! (That's another $10 on October's phone bill :no: -whatcha gonna do?) This is BIG news!! We both love 'The Cure' and all those other artists...Bounty & Beenie..wata bam-bam!!!

(L) -Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

What a ting!! It was being advertised every where. I wish we could be inna de place!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.