Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Yardies

YAAAAAAHHHHNNNN ^_^ Mornin! Still no touch for me <_< I guess I should be glad cause at least there is nothin for me to do huh??? (lookin for the silver lining)... Happy MONDAY!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really slow on VJ today....people must be on VACATION?????

Yeah, really slow. How is it having your honey here? :D

Hey Ladies,

I was wondering the same thing! Both...where is everyone :unsure: and KK- how was your weekend? ;)

Gill

Life is great...you know the gift at the end of the journey is indescribable. My house has gotten a makeover. Inside and Out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ladies,

I was wondering the same thing! Both...where is everyone :unsure: and KK- how was your weekend? ;)

Gill

Life is great...you know the gift at the end of the journey is indescribable. My house has gotten a makeover. Inside and Out.

Baaahahahaha :lol::lol: ..KK, you're too funny!! That's great though! Girl, you worked hard for it! I told Ken about how, you got the visa and left the same day! I was like that's how I want us to roll!! KK, no lie...you were on your game from day ONE!!!

Bless- (L) Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

i really do need a vacation B)

i was just looking at our aos ticker...can't believe it has been 6 months and nothing...hhhmmm i think i need to call a senator's office :yes:

Nanny,

You and me BOTH!!!! :yes::yes:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Hey Ladies,

Gill

Baaahahahaha :lol::lol: ..KK, you're too funny!! That's great though! Girl, you worked hard for it! I told Ken about how, you got the visa and left the same day! I was like that's how I want us to roll!! KK, no lie...you were on your game from day ONE!!!

Bless- (L) Gill

Yeah...we weren't playing at all. lol

Timeline
Not much for me except working tomorrow and them MOVADO tomorrow night!!! My daughter is spending the weekend at my parents.

Annnyywwwaayy! Gangsta fi life!

Girl have a great time :dance: I am so jealous...please give me the wrapup after the show!

Girl it was wicked!!!! I haven't seen a crowd like that in Chicago in a loooonnnnngggg time. It was a dance/stage show inna one. He perform good and had the crowd hype even though there was a few songs ppl didn't know. One thing about Chicago is that it's a little slow in the dancehall scene. For that I felt that Movado had to perform even harder to grab their attention like I heard other artists have complained about. The other thing why dese dj hav fi stop de dance fi dem dancers dem. It's like dem a run de show....it just makes me sick sometimes.

Anna

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i was just looking at our aos ticker...can't believe it has been 6 months and nothing...hhhmmm i think i need to call a senator's office :yes:

Nanny,

for sure...i want to just go some where and be pampered like a princess..... :yes::lol:

Nanny,

for sure...i want to just go some where and be pampered like a princess..... :yes::lol:

I think that's a reasonable request for us all. A spa sounds nice.

Timeline
THIS WEEKEND:

I'll be resting and trying to heal so I can go back to work (since it looks like my doctor isn't taking me off of bedrest). Boring boring :(

Time for some good movies for the weekend!

I concur. I rented the entire 1st season of Heroes and have been watching it. I love that show!!! Does anyone know when the season starts?

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
THIS WEEKEND:

I'll be resting and trying to heal so I can go back to work (since it looks like my doctor isn't taking me off of bedrest). Boring boring :(

Time for some good movies for the weekend!

I concur. I rented the entire 1st season of Heroes and have been watching it. I love that show!!! Does anyone know when the season starts?

Next week Monday (9/24) @9pm-NBC, Chica!! I love 'Heroes' too!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Not much for me except working tomorrow and them MOVADO tomorrow night!!! My daughter is spending the weekend at my parents.

Annnyywwwaayy! Gangsta fi life!

Girl have a great time :dance: I am so jealous...please give me the wrapup after the show!

Girl it was wicked!!!! I haven't seen a crowd like that in Chicago in a loooonnnnngggg time. It was a dance/stage show inna one. He perform good and had the crowd hype even though there was a few songs ppl didn't know. One thing about Chicago is that it's a little slow in the dancehall scene. For that I felt that Movado had to perform even harder to grab their attention like I heard other artists have complained about. The other thing why dese dj hav fi stop de dance fi dem dancers dem. It's like dem a run de show....it just makes me sick sometimes.

Anna

I love Movado too. I saw him here in NY a few months ago and he was off the chain...and he had the dyam dutty dancer then too :no: !

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Has anyone ever filed DCF through the US Embassy in Jamaica?

The reason I ask is that I see the benefits of it. I read that you dont necessarily need to live abroad to go DCF, the consulate could do it for you as a courtesy. Not sure the US is that courteous to Jamaicans though.

Anyway, My reasons for wanting to go DCF are because my working situation keeps changing. I really think God is putting our relationship to the test, and giving us these trials so that we can have that much of a sweeter victory is HIS name later. Am I confusing you? Well let me explain....

The week I got engaged I also got fired. I just came back from a JA visit and was beaming from my new engagement. Me and (now hubby) didnt know much about the visa options or process then, so we didnt know which visa we would do. I got fired from my job 3 days after returning from this trip. This put a damper in our plans, cause I couldnt file anything without a job. I had mortgages and insurance to pay and I needed to save for our wedding which we planned for this past August. I was out of work for 2 months. Eventually I found a job through a recruiter in my field. The job was temp to hire, but seemed very promising. It was very close to my house paid well, and I enjoyed the work. I had a plan to return to JA in Aug for my wedding and stay a month. I let the employer know that I would need to be gone a month. This of course is not normally ok, but since I was not a direct hire yet, I could make my schedule. Emplyer was fine with it, and completely understood my situation, of wanting to spend time with my husband who would not be with me for awhile due to immigration. Before leaving employer complemented me and said that they would like me to get on direct hire once they worked out the schedule and workload. Employer complemented my skills and everyone seemed to like me. They gave me a going away wedding party before my departure. Well I stayed my month in JA, got married and now I return to an email (on Friday) that the workload at said job has changed and my services are no longer needed. :crying: How can this be?!! I literally was reading it as I was on the phone with hubby during our first talk after my arrival back home from JA today. Talk about a stab in the heart and then a nice twist to follow!! I literally was a crying mess the entire trip home today and to read that email when I was on the phone with him, just shattered my heart and all my hopes and dreams of starting my visa filing.

How can I afford this new hefty CR1 fee now, and pay my bills. I used my savings for this 1 month trip and the wedding, and now I am without a job, without my husband and just plain sad sad sad. I have no idea when I can file now. I am just venting on here cause I am sure some of the Yardies may understand.

I feel like God is giving me a sign to move from LA to JA. Why would HE be making it this hard for us to even begin this whole US visa thing? Should I be the one moving and not hubby? We have talked about it many times. We both would much rather live in JA, but its alot harder and opportunities are better in the US. Am I going against Gods plan for us by trying to move hubby out here? Hence my DCF question.

Has anyone gone DCF?

Does having mutiple jobs for short period of times on your app., look bad to the UCSIS when doing your avidavit of support?

If I have these breaks, will I look like I can support him?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(L)

Hi Marlita,

I agree w/everyone else on this matter weigh out your options and see what is best for you. Also please double check w/the Embassy if they do DCF b/c in 2005 I was told they discontinued that service. I think I was talking to Shemanya about it, I don't quite remember.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Nanny,

I think that's a reasonable request for us all. A spa sounds nice.

Girl, I double triple that !!!! Just to be able to get away and not be a mommy and a wife !!!!!!! Ahhh, that would be SOOOO NICE right now.....

Okay, wake up, back to reality .....argh !!

Timeline

Hahhaaaa..all u'll crazy talkin bout take off from wife and mommy...did u'll figet we are "SUPERWOMEN" wecan't take a day off.... :angry::hehe: ...although, I REALLY WANT ONE "ARGH"! i'm starting to plan my vaca for next year...since we caaan afford JA yet..we may go to Disney

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.