Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I even delivered him two sets of those pills that help clear out your system - he took one before each test.

Hmm. Might need some of these. Where would I get them?

I got them at a local store near me. You could probably check online for stores in your area.

Okay, thanks. But what kind of store, health food store, drug store? How would I know what they are? (I'm sure they don't advertise this use. :lol: ) I know that some use golden seal tea. I think there's also a golden seal pill, is that what you're talking about?

I don't recommend golden seal anymore. A lot of doctors are testing for it b/c it was so common. Have your fiance look at something in JA...they have tons and tons of cleansers.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

I even delivered him two sets of those pills that help clear out your system - he took one before each test.

Hmm. Might need some of these. Where would I get them?

I got them at a local store near me. You could probably check online for stores in your area.

Okay, thanks. But what kind of store, health food store, drug store? How would I know what they are? (I'm sure they don't advertise this use. :lol: ) I know that some use golden seal tea. I think there's also a golden seal pill, is that what you're talking about?

I don't recommend golden seal anymore. A lot of doctors are testing for it b/c it was so common. Have your fiance look at something in JA...they have tons and tons of cleansers.

Not for my fiance, a friend. ;)

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline
But during the time that you were not with your husband he was doing his own thing.

Interesting B/C my husband and I have some serious talks. I have learned about some very disterbing things about what he was doing in JA, and yes, he was doin his own thing. Just like you said. Things were not what I thought they were, even after he arrived. He was sooo perfect. I was on top of the world. I could not believe. But I learned he was doing all these things b/c I thought he "owed" me somthing. I had to set him straight. I did what I had to do to learn weather not you were the one for me. What I did, I did for me not you. I'm not Ms sava hoe. So You don't "owe" me nothing but the truth, and I'm not putting up with this SHITTTTTTT! He came clean. He wasn't in "love" with me like I thought he was. He came here with one foot in the door and other one who knows where. We learned there was no way we could have made the descision to become husband and wife, without truely knowing who each other are. We have descided to do just that. Learn who we are. Maybe we'll stay together maybe we won't. Honesty is the best policy. Be honest with me, and I can work with you. Otherwise take your green card and get to stepping. Talk and work through your problems.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I have learned about some very disterbing things about what he was doing in JA, and yes, he was doin his own thing. Just like you said. Things were not what I thought they were, even after he arrived. He was sooo perfect. I was on top of the world. I could not believe.

Very well put, Dee....

Here's the thing -- the whole immigration process DOES NOT allow us to really get to know the person as well as we (or they) might like. No bulls*&$ here..... My question is.....would ANY of you marry someone HERE, in America who you met and only saw face-to-face a limited amount of time?

Me -- NO WAY!!! But -- that being said -- I also believe that life is too short to not take chances. You are only given one opportunity here -- what you do with that opportunity is all up to you.

So, what makes me think that Roy is perfect in every way? NOTHING!!

Has he been a good husband? Yes, he has.

Has he cheated on me? I have no clue.

Do I think he is capable of it? Of course I do........AND this comes from knowing that he wasn't "Mr. Perfect" when he was in JA waiting for the whole K1 process to come through. I know that. I got over that. What happens in Jamaica stays in Jamaica.......I could never prove anything but I'm not stupid.

Believe me -- after hearing stories here on VJ (and NOT just in this forum) I have become very aware of my surroundings.....and will continue to be aware. You never know what is going to happen once your fiancee/husband gets here.......

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

..sorry for the double post....

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You ladies are very strong and I applaud you for your strength. It's just not something I could do. If I thought my SO, whether BF, fiance, or spouse and whether in JA or USA was cheating, I would not be as nice as you all are being.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I have learned about some very disterbing things about what he was doing in JA, and yes, he was doin his own thing. Just like you said. Things were not what I thought they were, even after he arrived. He was sooo perfect. I was on top of the world. I could not believe.

Very well put, Dee....

Here's the thing -- the whole immigration process DOES NOT allow us to really get to know the person as well as we (or they) might like. No bulls*&$ here..... My question is.....would ANY of you marry someone HERE, in America who you met and only saw face-to-face a limited amount of time?

Me -- NO WAY!!! But -- that being said -- I also believe that life is too short to not take chances. You are only given one opportunity here -- what you do with that opportunity is all up to you.

Soo true Sista girl!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unnu can chat so? :lol: Unnu naah no work fi tend to tideh? :lol:

I am gonna respond to this tonight. Gotta put in my last 2 hours then I'm outta here!

Nannygirl, hang in there (F)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

You ladies are very strong and I applaud you for your strength. It's just not something I could do. If I thought my SO, whether BF, fiance, or spouse and whether in JA or USA was cheating, I would not be as nice as you all are being.

I hope it never has happens to you. :blush: I wouldn't call it being "nice"....More like "couragous"...It's what allows a person to experience danger and difficulty with firmness and resolve, instead of fear and resentment. Courage comes from God, Fear comes from the devil.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration, but be of good cheer:meaning be confident, cerain,undaunted! For I have overcome the world. I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you......(John 16:33 and J. Myers ;)

Timeline

he cant have friends.

Heeeeelllll NO, NOT "NEW" female friends !!!!! now if he knew them and "I" was aware of them BEFORE he came here, different story......but no not acceptable to go out and meet "new" female friends....for ???? There's only ONE thing that a "new female friend" would be there for!!!

I found 7 different numbers, in his pants pockets and wallet (yep, he was that stupid for me to find them and yes I looked BECAUSE I did not trust him !!!) and when his cell phone bill came.... within the 1st 2 months. He doesn't know that I have his password to get into his phone, he had a message from one chic at 6:41 AM on say a Monday morning. We were at my sons soccer game and he left me a note saying he was at the movies ..........HE LIED !! He was at this chics house watching a movie !!! and I called her to find out the real deal!!!!

I love how you guys have been supportive. Yes, if he was an american shiiiiiiiittt he'd be SOOO gone by now, but I am MARRIED to him, 1st marriage and I'm 41 ....and I've put a TON of energy, time and money into this and as Kelly (jomo...) said.....I EXPECTED the same in return !!!!!!! and that's what he "promised" me CONSTANTLY !!!! Where's the MAN that I fell in love with ?? and "I" do NOT fall easily !!!

Now for the past 2 days he hasn't spoken to me. He went off on a MAJOR tangent yesterday and it's like having a roommate. I asked him yesterday to talk to me and let me know what's REALLY on his mind and he said "nothing" was on his mind...........yeah right !!! My son is spending the night at my parents tonight and I'm going to try to see what the deal is.

Craig and I have MANY MANY "REAL" TALKS !!!!! We talk about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING and yes, I truly felt like I knew him!!! Since there's no trust in our relationship any more, I try I really try to believe him, but EVERY time I take a step forward, he gets into it with me about something REEEEALLY petty and that brings me back 15 steps.

One of his MAJOR MAJOR hang-ups is that I do the travel for our professional (indoor) soccer team and the owner....have been for the past 10 yrs. It drives him absolutely NUTS when I work "past 5pm" or on weekends to provide customer service to this account. It's a HUGE account for me. He does NOT support the fact that I work from home and the fact that my job does NOT end at 5pm !!!! Plus, being that I do work 2 jobs, I have alot of catching up to do when I come home. If he was working....that would NOT be a problem !!!! Since he's not working right now, he does absolutely NOTHING to "help" around the house....the laundry sat in the washing machine for 5 days....got that nice smelly smell to them, so I did them before I went to work today and MOST of them were his clothes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I got a email from a client --that I had never met in person, at 1pm and he asked if he could swing by and pick up his documents....at 2pm. I was on-hold with an airline at the time. Meanwhile, hadn't showered cause I was really busy, house was a mess. Dishes in the sink, place needed to be vacuumed. I asked NICELY to Craig as he was sitting there watching TV....could he possibly help me straighten up the house because I have a client (new one) coming over in 45 min. He acted like I NEVER said anything !!!!! I asked him again nicely....and he acted like he NEVER heard me....so I got pissed and just walked away!!!

I'm going back to read more....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope it never has happens to you. :blush: I wouldn't call it being "nice"....More like "couragous"...It's what allows a person to experience danger and difficulty with firmness and resolve, instead of fear and resentment. Courage comes from God, Fear comes from the devil.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration, but be of good cheer:meaning be confident, cerain,undaunted! For I have overcome the world. I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you......(John 16:33 and J. Myers ;)

Courageous is not the word that is coming to my mind at this point.

I'd say you are much more patient then I would ever be, Kelly.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I don't agree. We all know the trials and tribulations of this truly difficult and long process. It isn't only the Jamaican who gives up everything they know. I have had to rearrange my life more times then I like to count during this process. As I expected Jomo to do everything he could along the way to make it go smoothly, I still expect the same. I expect his love and attention. I expect him to adjust. I expect him to work hard. And, I expect him to respect me and work out our differences in an adult manner. I would be babying him if I didn't. He is a man, not a child. I don't baby him.

I have to agree whole heartedly with this :thumbs:

While I do have grace, patience and compassion for all the adjustment and changes that are going to be happening I still expect him to behave as a man and not a child. I expect him to handle things maturely and to act as the head of our household. Life isn’t easy not matter what situations are thrown your way but it is still your choice how you react and respond. I signed up to be the wife not the mommy.

AMEN SISTAS!! :thumbs:

TRIPLE AAAAAMEN to both of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did NOT sign up to be a mom to ANOTHER child !!!! Craig does NOT "act" the same way he did when he was in Jamaica, ie being a MAN !!!!!!!

You guys said it so nicely !!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You know what...I think it all comes down to your individual breaking points whether it be mentally, phyically, emotionally, spiritually or a combination of any number of them. Some of us obviously have higher tolerance levels or had lower expectations. Not saying either is right or wrong...just stating that some of us can tolerate a lot more or a lot less than others. Overall I believe that you have to look out for your health and if anything is being jeopordized or in bad shape then you need to make arrangements or come up with a solution that will work for you. Marriage and relationships are a TON of work...TONS! You need to be of sound mind, body and spirit to be able to handle it all. While you do have a committment in a marriage it is also important to remember to take care of yourself. Things can not get better if you yourself are unhealthy.

Disclaimer: Not talking about anyone specifically but a general "you" ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.