Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Check out this link....and let me know what you think...

http://www.nomarriage.com/why_foreign_women_are_better.html

There is a lot of truth here, go Jamaican!

Ummmm.....then the men are a little more difficult then the women, Jay. There is nothing easy about them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Never dated an American woman :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What have you let him get away with?

Hey, did you ever send get those birth papers? Did you send away for the passport?

I have probably let him get away with too much.....but that's okay. That's all in the past. He now knows just how serious I am about all this stuff. The other day I found him putting some stuff into the envelope I have for the "lifting of conditions" He knows this next time he is going to have to contribute.

Still waiting for the birth papers. Yesterday was two months since I ordered them. I am planning on sending them an e:mail this evening.....just to give them one more chance to show up in the mailbox. Yours didn't take this long, did they?

U KNOW WHAt i did when I ordered mine..did it online and have it sent to my granny house 2 copies paid $20 US got it in about 1 week....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey, did you ever send get those birth papers? Did you send away for the passport?

I have probably let him get away with too much.....but that's okay. That's all in the past. He now knows just how serious I am about all this stuff. The other day I found him putting some stuff into the envelope I have for the "lifting of conditions" He knows this next time he is going to have to contribute.

Still waiting for the birth papers. Yesterday was two months since I ordered them. I am planning on sending them an e:mail this evening.....just to give them one more chance to show up in the mailbox. Yours didn't take this long, did they?

U KNOW WHAt i did when I ordered mine..did it online and have it sent to my granny house 2 copies paid $20 US got it in about 1 week....

Who? What? Where? When? How? HUH?

Mindy and I both looked into this.....we did ours online too. They MADE us get 6 stuipd copies of them. I have enough to wallpaper the bathroom now. Suppose we'll NEVER have to worry about ordering them again.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Who? What? Where? When? How? HUH?

Mindy and I both looked into this.....we did ours online too. They MADE us get 6 stuipd copies of them. I have enough to wallpaper the bathroom now. Suppose we'll NEVER have to worry about ordering them again.

ur funny...yeah girl 2 copies didn't give my US address and didn't get stuck with 6 stupid copies that I will never need...:) they delivered it to my granny house too..I'm about to order them for my niece now..gonna do the same thing

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I feel numb at this point, is that normal? I am drained and so tired, sleep has eluded me in the past couple of nights. I am thinking he left his phone at home and perhaps went to get his long-awaited no impediment form? *sigh*

don't start thinking crazy thought now...it'll be fine..I don't think he would reschedule w/o informing u

ur funny...yeah girl 2 copies didn't give my US address and didn't get stuck with 6 stupid copies that I will never need...:) they delivered it to my granny house too..I'm about to order them for my niece now..gonna do the same thing

This was to a Jamaican address, right? If you want them shipped to the U.S. they automatically FORCE you to order six and pay for six :wacko:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

I called Roy and nothing was in the mail today. Just sent them an e:mail......and the waiting begins :whistle: .....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
:yes: Hey Everyone!

I know its been a while, and some of you probably don't know who I am, but I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well, and things are going smoothly with this crazy process. Just a little update....my case was expedited by the NVC and sent to the embassy in Kingston...yay! I am kind of confused though because I just sent off the AOS bill/ DS 3032 two weeks ago , I have not received anything regarding payment of the IV bill nor sending in the I-864. They already sent the DS 230 part 1 packet to my hubby, so maybe I will pay those fees through the embassy?? I dunno. I am just going with the flow. Crazy because I was going to use James Shortcuts, but maybe I won't need to. Not sure if hubby will be home in time before the baby is born, I am about 29 weeks ( 7 months?) now. But maybe God will work a miracle, as he has already done for us. A lady from the embassy told my husband that she would try to schedule him for the next interview appointment that they have available...whatever that means. I guess I was under the impression that if the NVC expedited our case, the embassy would function in the same manner, i.e. emergency visa appointment. But anyway, I just wanted to give you ladies an update and let you know that things are going ok for me. I will check for you guys later.

(F) Miss Jones

I guess I should try to fill an unofficial timeline...um....ok here it goes.

OCT 06- Marriage

MAR 07- NOA 1

JUN- NOA 2

JUL- NVC Receives case

JUL- AOS/DS 3032 Generated

AUG-Kingston Embassy receives case, via expedite

AUG-Packet ? Sent (contains DS 230 Part 1)

Congrats on your progress!

I'm still stressed out :wacko: Still haven't found a house yet! The first 2 that I made offers on wouldn't lower their price enough to meet my budget. The 3rd one got sold right after they rejected MY offer :( They didn't even counter-offer. We're looking at more tonight.

Tony leaves for Jamaica on Monday and I leave next Saturday. I haven't even begun packing or getting ready yet and I have an out-of-town wedding this weekend that's going to take up all my time. I'm going crazy :wacko::crying::bonk:

Maybe I'll just stay in Jamaica and live in a little hut on the beach :lol: It would be cheaper!!

Rhonda, I was in the same position as you are about 3 years ago. I sold my house so fast and I couldn't find something that I liked before closing. I had to stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks and moved into and out of storage :dead:

I'm sure you'll find something soon.

Good morning!

For those of you from or familiar with Philly-where's the best Jamaican and Puerto Rican restaurants...and of course Cheese Steaks?

Michele

The best cheese steaks for people coming from out of town is down South Philly. Pat's or Geno's steaks (9th and Passyunk). Tourist for some reason love these steak stores. I personally think that the best cheese steaks are from the neighbourhood pizza stores.

Jamaican restaurants - Tropical Restaurant 52nd and Haverford (West Philly), Jamaican Jerk Hut 15th and South street.

I can't help you on the Puerto Rican restaurants, Sorry. Hope this information helps! When are you coming? I know my cousin Freddie is coming down to philly this weekend from CT.

Thanks Shonnie. I'm going to the King Tut exhibit and will be staying at a hotel downtown.

I don't like the Cheeze Wiz topping.

I'll be there this weekend as well. What part of CT is your cousin from?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning!

For those of you from or familiar with Philly-where's the best Jamaican and Puerto Rican restaurants...and of course Cheese Steaks?

Michele

The best cheese steaks for people coming from out of town is down South Philly. Pat's or Geno's steaks (9th and Passyunk). Tourist for some reason love these steak stores. I personally think that the best cheese steaks are from the neighbourhood pizza stores.

Jamaican restaurants - Tropical Restaurant 52nd and Haverford (West Philly), Jamaican Jerk Hut 15th and South street.

I can't help you on the Puerto Rican restaurants, Sorry. Hope this information helps! When are you coming? I know my cousin Freddie is coming down to philly this weekend from CT.

Thanks Shonnie. I'm going to the King Tut exhibit and will be staying at a hotel downtown.

I don't like the Cheeze Wiz topping.

I'll be there this weekend as well. What part of CT is your cousin from?

You know I'm not even sure which part he is staying in because he just came up from Jamaica not to long ago. He was a cop in JA and recently relocated to CT. His name is Freddie. I'll have to find out for you. Yes I also hate the cheese whiz topping thats why I usually go to the neighbourhood stores for a cheese steak. Yes I heard the King Tut exhibit is nice. My brother went. Have fun when u come

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Ladies and Gentlemen,

:o:angry: Oh my gosh! I am appalled by what these guys are saying! Talk about stereo-typing. The kind of women they're talking about don't even WORK! If I didn't work 50-60 hours a week, I would happily do all the cooking, cleaning, and house work too! Without nagging. What a bunch of sexist pigs. They're talking about how ALL American women are fat and overweight? Let's take a look at American MEN why don't we!!! Can we say beer belly? :lol:

Never dated an American woman :lol:

:lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Did you guys hear about those 6 miners that are trapped underground? That is so awful :( The only station we get here at work is CNN so that's all they talk about all night. That would be so scary. I am so claustrophobic I don't even like elevators :no: No way could I work underground! I hope they get to them soon.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.