Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow..I haven't been on in awhile. Most of you probably don't even know me, lol. I just got done reading through 20 pages and it looks like a lot has happened.

I was in Jamaica for 2 weeks and got to spend a lot of time with my boyfriend. I miss him sooo much! We're still debating between the CR1 and the K1. I prefer the K1 because I want him here with me asap. I just need to realize it will take some time.

I start my last year of college at the end of the month and I'm anxious to get it over with. I'm only 20 and not sure when I'll start my VisaJourney but I know the time will come when its right.

Hi

I'll keep reading posts and gaining more knowledge from everyone's experiences. Congrats to the recent approvals and best wishes to those interviews coming up!

Marie :)

Hi Marie great to see you again. I hope all is well. Are you thinking about filing soon?

This is my suggestion but I believe the CR1 visa is a great choice. Why I do is when your man gets here he will only have to wait about a month and 1/2 at most for green card and soc card. Then he can work and help financial. With the K-1 visa your man will have to wait longer. My husband wanted to go to school and we got all the forms right in time to get him in school and apply for financial aide. My hubby has only been here 2 months and has a couple job interviews lined up. He is getting quite bored doing nothing and can't wait to start school and get a job. In our situation I think he would start missing JA if he had nothing to do for months. I understand many can't wait that long for their SO to get here. If you want to shorten the time to the Cr-1 use James Shortcuts, have your senator send it off, and use the marriage certificate you received at the wedding (when you get the official one then send a copy of that one in). His family could attend the marriage ceremony in Jamaica. We then could have a cheap reception in the states a year later. Remember this is a suggestion and why I choose the CR1.

I agree w/Jax. If the major decision break is the speed then I would go for the K1 but if you're looking into the better visa then the CR-1 would be the one. I looked into both options and eventually changed my mind to the CR-1. I do miss Javon and wish everyday he was here but I actually looked into the added benefits and cost for the CR-1, I figured it was the best way for us. I wanted him to be able to arrive and not worry about any other ppwrk for a while. It would be to hard for him to adj to the changes plus more immigration ppwrk. Javon is a VERY proud man (Virgo) and for him to just sit for months waiting on a work permit wouldn't be nice, TRUST ME!!!! This way when he arrives we can spend more time on your us w/o the extra red tape. Just my opinion.

Anna

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hate to be the bearer of bad news....

Hello everyone, i need your help and suggestions-

I never thought this could be happening to me, I filed for my husband and our relationship was declining but we continued to "work on it" now when it was time to go about everything, my husband became hesitant to come to america. I couldn't understand why, he didn't have any money or job and his living wasn't so great so i thought it would be a good idea for him to come and atleast visit for a few months.

That was 2.5 months ago, my husband during his visit was lazy, quiet and mean. He was nice at times but our relationship was mostly strained by his constant complaints. He didn't really like it here.. He used my phone to call his girlfriend down in jamaica constantly, i could tell it was a woman by the way he reacted to my questions and the way the person responded when i called the numbers. He has ran up all my bills to the point where i cannot pay them. Anyway, it was a nightmare, i talked to his family and they told me to leave him. So anyway, he has left and gone back a yard, leaving me with no money or anything, he told me he was coming back. He called me once to tell me he landed and never after that. I called him and I told him i felt that he didn't care about me and that i didn't want him to return after leaving me this way and he was so detached and he said "didn't i try to make u see that?" so he asked me what did i want to do because he didn't feel the same way about me anymore and i said nothing and then he said "move on, cam" and he said he would call me back later (i guess he was so happy to be back with his girlfriend) i said "why bother" and hung up.

I feel relieved that he is gone from my life, i should have gotten rid of him a long time ago but i was trying to honor the sanctity of marriage. I tried to do anything to keep my husband but he wasn't giving anything in return. Now he has recieved his conditional green card, but he's not in the country and i dont want him to be able to come back, naturally. I know this time next year i will be alright but right now i feel bad.. I'm 23 years old, divorced used and abandoned. I was just acting on my my youth and now i'm thrown away.

I would like to have his visa revoked so that he cannot come back, but i was told this was not possible until 2 years from now. I know that he will regret what he has done because it's not really in his nature to be so cold (or so it seems), I know he doesnt like atlanta but i believe he will try to come back later. He has a job in jamaica and he worke a small job here off the books, I know he can lose his gc if he does not pay taxes, so maybe that's one way.

I need your help.

thanks

cam.....johnson

((((Hugs))))

So sorry to hear about that. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your experience Cam. But based on what you told me I doubt he is smart enough to know he has to file to remove conditions in two years. So I wouldn't worry about trying to get his visa taken away. Plus karma is ab!tch he with get what is coming to him without you directly doing it.

The faster you file for divorce and forget about him the faster you can move on and find the real Mr. Right. Hang in there.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry to hear about your experience Cam. But based on what you told me I doubt he is smart enough to know he has to file to remove conditions in two years. So I wouldn't worry about trying to get his visa taken away. Plus karma is ab!tch he with get what is coming to him without you directly doing it.

The faster you file for divorce and forget about him the faster you can move on and find the real Mr. Right. Hang in there.

True...and even if he does remember that he needs to file to remove conditions, he will have to prove that he had a bonafide marriage. His chances of coming up with enough proof are slim at best. He has barely been in the country 2 months so I highly doubt he could convince a CO to remove the conditions of his GC. Don't sweat that part.

Take care of yourself and don't worry about him right now (F)

Timeline

Hey everyone!! It certainly has been a while since I have been up here so it seems like I have ALOT of catching up 2 do...Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that my time in Jamaica was WONDERFUL (except for the heat rash that I managed to get during my stay down there! :wacko: ) As most of you know I was down there for a little over a month...I just want to tell you that my fiance and I really needed that time...it really reinforced our belief that this marriage and relationship was truly what we both wanted...and that we would work hard despite the obstacles that have been beset before us, to encourage one another through the next couple of years until we r able to file again...I'm happy to report that we only had 1 major fight that occured right at the end of my stay which resulted in me locking him out of his house for 10 minutes, and then him pouting on the floor (he refused to get in the bed right off) for about 20 minutes later! :innocent: We got the tuxedos picked out for the wedding and pretty much have everything else in order...When I got back I literally moved the next day from Maryland back down to NC...I originally thought I had a job lined up, but when I got here and tried contacting the director that I spoke to, I couldn't get in contact with him...so for the last 2 weeks I have been sending out resumes and out on interviews...also when I got back to NC I found out that my mother has breast cancer. She had a lumpectomy?, and right now we're just waiting on what they're going to do next...so needless to say, the last couple of weeks have been really hectic...but I must say that I am glad to be back up here...I haven't really read up much on what's been going on here, but I will...Until then, good luck for everyone trying, and I'm sorry for those of you that have run into issues...Talk to you later.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
So sorry to hear that Cam (L)

I don't think there is anything you can do about keeping him from coming to the country. You can file for divorce (I am assuming you haven't) if that is what you want to do and then notify USCIS/NVC that you are no longer together. They can't revoke a visa (unless maybe you think it was fraudulent) so he could come and go til his visa expires. If he stayed in the US and his visa expired he would be here illegally but even then I doubt you could enforce anything to make him go back.

I am sorry that you have to go through this. From experience I know it sucks...big time but with time it shall pass. The hurt will hurt less and less each day. I am also 23 so I can understand what you feel about "acting on your youth"...I did the same.

Stay strong and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to PM me :luv:

Jamie :star:

I agree. I don't know what you can do but make you report it. He won't be able to lift conditions. Do you feel like he used you? If you I would report that as well just to cover yourself esp since you sign the I-864 (which holds you responsible for him for 10 yrs).

Sorry this is happening to you. (F)

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everyone!! It certainly has been a while since I have been up here so it seems like I have ALOT of catching up 2 do...Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that my time in Jamaica was WONDERFUL (except for the heat rash that I managed to get during my stay down there! :wacko: ) As most of you know I was down there for a little over a month...I just want to tell you that my fiance and I really needed that time...it really reinforced our belief that this marriage and relationship was truly what we both wanted...and that we would work hard despite the obstacles that have been beset before us, to encourage one another through the next couple of years until we r able to file again...I'm happy to report that we only had 1 major fight that occured right at the end of my stay which resulted in me locking him out of his house for 10 minutes, and then him pouting on the floor (he refused to get in the bed right off) for about 20 minutes later! :innocent: We got the tuxedos picked out for the wedding and pretty much have everything else in order...When I got back I literally moved the next day from Maryland back down to NC...I originally thought I had a job lined up, but when I got here and tried contacting the director that I spoke to, I couldn't get in contact with him...so for the last 2 weeks I have been sending out resumes and out on interviews...also when I got back to NC I found out that my mother has breast cancer. She had a lumpectomy?, and right now we're just waiting on what they're going to do next...so needless to say, the last couple of weeks have been really hectic...but I must say that I am glad to be back up here...I haven't really read up much on what's been going on here, but I will...Until then, good luck for everyone trying, and I'm sorry for those of you that have run into issues...Talk to you later.

Good to you see you. Sorry to hear about your mother...I'll keep her in my prayers (F) When is your wedding again?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I couldn't agree with you anymore. Don't focus so much on revenge but more on how you will rebuild and become a stronger woman. God will take care of both you and him. Therefore he will get his. This is why awareness about this topic is essential in this forum. It is important that we continue to communicate, give advice, and help each other out.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thanks for all the advice, I hung up the phone on him this morning after he said "we agreed for him to settle everything before he came up" stuff just keeps changing everytime I talk to him thursday we agreed for him to come up this weekend and then he could finalize everything when we went back in Sept. friday it changed to next week Wed. This morning a different thing again. he busted out the we agreed statement after I said to him it seems like he's scared to come up. he thinks because I'm home everything is ok. I have to walk up 2 flights of stairs to get to my apartment, he doesn't get that when I need anything I'm pulling up in the car in front of the house, running putting stuff inside in the lobby and then parking the car, coming back with the baby, bringing the baby upstairs, putting her in her crib then going back downstairs to get whatever it is that I bought and my man is on the phone with me last night talking about there is a seafood festival in Ochi and he wants to go.

HENCE WHY I FEEL THE NEED TO PUT MY FOOT UP HIS ###!

I won't be picking up the phone for the next few days because he really woudn't like what I have to say maybe that would bring him to his senses.

:lol: oh girl....i didn't have a child while going through this process....but i so understand what you are going through.....you have the right idea....don't take his calls unless like what empress said...he is at the airport and needs to be picked up....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So sorry to hear about your mom. When my stepmom was diagnosed with breast cancer all the information that we found on treatment and the support group that we joined helped us to handle her illness. We were all very active in her treatment and I think it helped us a lot. You will be in my prayers and know that it's important that not only your mom has the support, but your entire family as it affects you all.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

I never thought this could be happening to me, I filed for my husband and our relationship was declining but we continued to "work on it" now when it was time to go about everything, my husband became hesitant to come to america. I couldn't understand why, he didn't have any money or job and his living wasn't so great so i thought it would be a good idea for him to come and atleast visit for a few months.

That was 2.5 months ago, my husband during his visit was lazy, quiet and mean. He was nice at times but our relationship was mostly strained by his constant complaints. He didn't really like it here.. He used my phone to call his girlfriend down in jamaica constantly, i could tell it was a woman by the way he reacted to my questions and the way the person responded when i called the numbers. He has ran up all my bills to the point where i cannot pay them. Anyway, it was a nightmare, i talked to his family and they told me to leave him. So anyway, he has left and gone back a yard, leaving me with no money or anything, he told me he was coming back. He called me once to tell me he landed and never after that. I called him and I told him i felt that he didn't care about me and that i didn't want him to return after leaving me this way and he was so detached and he said "didn't i try to make u see that?" so he asked me what did i want to do because he didn't feel the same way about me anymore and i said nothing and then he said "move on, cam" and he said he would call me back later (i guess he was so happy to be back with his girlfriend) i said "why bother" and hung up.

I feel relieved that he is gone from my life, i should have gotten rid of him a long time ago but i was trying to honor the sanctity of marriage. I tried to do anything to keep my husband but he wasn't giving anything in return. Now he has recieved his conditional green card, but he's not in the country and i dont want him to be able to come back, naturally. I know this time next year i will be alright but right now i feel bad.. I'm 23 years old, divorced used and abandoned. I was just acting on my my youth and now i'm thrown away.

I would like to have his visa revoked so that he cannot come back, but i was told this was not possible until 2 years from now. I know that he will regret what he has done because it's not really in his nature to be so cold (or so it seems), I know he doesnt like atlanta but i believe he will try to come back later. He has a job in jamaica and he worke a small job here off the books, I know he can lose his gc if he does not pay taxes, so maybe that's one way.

I need your help.

thanksTh

cam.....johnson

Sorry to hear about this. Take care of yourself. Like others said there is nothing you can really do to take his visa away. The support thing is also true for 10 years unless you had some form of a prenuptial agreement used. Hug and remember that you still have a lot of life ahead of yourself. :luv:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I need your help.

thanksTh

cam.....johnson

Sorry to hear about this. Take care of yourself. Like others said there is nothing you can really do to take his visa away. The support thing is also true for 10 years unless you had some form of a prenuptial agreement used. Hug and remember that you still have a lot of life ahead of yourself. :luv:

Thank you all... all these things is true, i really do think he will be too lazy to do anything to help himself in anyway.. I have learned a valuable lesson, beyond anything i could imagine. I told my mother, from this experience i have learned what i would've learned in a atleast 5 different relationships.. I've realized i didn't really love him anymore, i just grew comfortable with him after the years of waiting and things. and i understand that there's nothing to do but move on as he has. I can't afford a divorce right now because of my predicament, so i'm just spending the time getting myself back to myself and remembering to always love myself more than a man, which i didn't at times in my relationship. I know i didn't do anything wrong to him, only to myself and that's the truth and i think that's the only reason why my stomach hurts so much." My friends are taking me out for a "coming out" party and i'm getting back in shape, cuz I'm Back on the Market Baby! I am a jamaican american woman and i'm praying that he doesn' t taint me from men of my culture, but i know the next time i'm back a yard, a guy comes over mi granny's house, i'll just low him... lol..

as for the other woman who is having trouble getting her man on the plane, i'd be wary, cuz Rahan was the same way before too. cuz ain't no seafood festival that important.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need your help.

thanksTh

cam.....johnson

Thank you all... all these things is true, i really do think he will be too lazy to do anything to help himself in anyway.. I have learned a valuable lesson, beyond anything i could imagine. I told my mother, from this experience i have learned what i would've learned in a atleast 5 different relationships.. I've realized i didn't really love him anymore, i just grew comfortable with him after the years of waiting and things. and i understand that there's nothing to do but move on as he has. I can't afford a divorce right now because of my predicament, so i'm just spending the time getting myself back to myself and remembering to always love myself more than a man, which i didn't at times in my relationship. I know i didn't do anything wrong to him, only to myself and that's the truth and i think that's the only reason why my stomach hurts so much." My friends are taking me out for a "coming out" party and i'm getting back in shape, cuz I'm Back on the Market Baby! I am a jamaican american woman and i'm praying that he doesn' t taint me from men of my culture, but i know the next time i'm back a yard, a guy comes over mi granny's house, i'll just low him... lol..

as for the other woman who is having trouble getting her man on the plane, i'd be wary, cuz Rahan was the same way before too. cuz ain't no seafood festival that important.

I think u misunderstood, he's not getting on the plane because he wants to go to a seafood festival. he wants to put a taxi on the road before he leaves JA. so he has an independent income when he comes up and he can support his kids in JA and help out up here and help us save money for a bigger house. I don't fault him for wanting to do this, its the timing i'm upset about. I feel that this should have been done earlier this year so when he got the visa he would be all set to come up.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Wow..I haven't been on in awhile. Most of you probably don't even know me, lol. I just got done reading through 20 pages and it looks like a lot has happened.

I was in Jamaica for 2 weeks and got to spend a lot of time with my boyfriend. I miss him sooo much! We're still debating between the CR1 and the K1. I prefer the K1 because I want him here with me asap. I just need to realize it will take some time.

I start my last year of college at the end of the month and I'm anxious to get it over with. I'm only 20 and not sure when I'll start my VisaJourney but I know the time will come when its right.

Hi

I'll keep reading posts and gaining more knowledge from everyone's experiences. Congrats to the recent approvals and best wishes to those interviews coming up!

Marie :)

Hi Marie great to see you again. I hope all is well. Are you thinking about filing soon?

This is my suggestion but I believe the CR1 visa is a great choice. Why I do is when your man gets here he will only have to wait about a month and 1/2 at most for green card and soc card. Then he can work and help financial. With the K-1 visa your man will have to wait longer. My husband wanted to go to school and we got all the forms right in time to get him in school and apply for financial aide. My hubby has only been here 2 months and has a couple job interviews lined up. He is getting quite bored doing nothing and can't wait to start school and get a job. In our situation I think he would start missing JA if he had nothing to do for months. I understand many can't wait that long for their SO to get here. If you want to shorten the time to the Cr-1 use James Shortcuts, have your senator send it off, and use the marriage certificate you received at the wedding (when you get the official one then send a copy of that one in). His family could attend the marriage ceremony in Jamaica. We then could have a cheap reception in the states a year later. Remember this is a suggestion and why I choose the CR1.

I agree w/Jax. If the major decision break is the speed then I would go for the K1 but if you're looking into the better visa then the CR-1 would be the one. I looked into both options and eventually changed my mind to the CR-1. I do miss Javon and wish everyday he was here but I actually looked into the added benefits and cost for the CR-1, I figured it was the best way for us. I wanted him to be able to arrive and not worry about any other ppwrk for a while. It would be to hard for him to adj to the changes plus more immigration ppwrk. Javon is a VERY proud man (Virgo) and for him to just sit for months waiting on a work permit wouldn't be nice, TRUST ME!!!! This way when he arrives we can spend more time on your us w/o the extra red tape. Just my opinion.

Anna

Hey Marie, nice to see you on here. I too haven't been around much, but I've been checkin in lately. There are way too many pages for me to catch up on so I just said skip it.

I too am applying for the CR1 visa like Anna and Bel. I pretty much have the same thinking as they did regarding it being a better visa overall, and cheaper. In the beginning we contemplated which visa to do, and the K1 sounded like it would give us more of a headache in the long run. My fiance is adamant about being able to provide for me, so he wanted a visa where he wouldnt have to wait for work too long. He also didnt want to uproot himself and all that he knows if we were'nt fully committed yet.

One suggestion I would say is, if you are planning on getting married, do it in Jamaica as soon as you can in a civil ceremony with a JOP and then you can begin the paperwork right after. We made the mistake of waiting 5 months to plan a wedding in Jamaica before applying. Had we thought this out a bit more we would have had a civil ceremony and not tell anyone, then apply for the CR1 and have the wedding for the family later. So I could've been 5 months into the visa process right now instead of not even started. :blush:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I am so stressed out :crying::wacko: I still haven't found a house yet :( I leave for Jamaica in 13 days, and a few days after we come home, we close on my house. Then we're homeless!! I have made 2 offers already on 2 different houses, but they would not come down enough to get within my budget. All the cheaper houses are yucky. I guess we'll just pitch a tent in my parents backyard and live in that! :help: I had NO idea that this process was sooooo stressful. When I bought my current house, it was easy since I still lived at home and didn't have to sell a house in order to buy a house.

When I bought my house it was one of the most stressful things if not THE MOST stressful ordeals I had to undergo. I do love it now though. Although I have never been known to stay in one place for too long, so now my house is annoying me cause its not as interchangeable as an apartment. Plus I probably would be living in Jamaica right now if I didnt have this mortgage payment every month.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.