Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have not been here in a while so just dropping by. We paid with personal check. was cashed in about 10 days .

:help: OFF TOPIC

For those that went through the AOS process..... How did you pay ? Check, money order, certified check??

If by check, how long did it take for them to process and cash the check(s)??

Your help will be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks !!

Kelly

PS Congrats to finding the genders of your likkle ones. My sons bday is Dec 5th (dag he'll be 14 !!!.....lets see if Rhonda-girl or Jonesie-boy will be the closest :P )

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Been missing all the excitement. Trying to play catch up but phew! Things have changed. Just got back from Jamaica. Iffiesha's first trip home since she moved here last year. She was so escited and after two days she had enough. I think the slow pace in Jamaica is going to take some getting used to especially with her now juggling school, work and family life. But we are doing well. Went for her brothers wedding.

So they are doing a K-3 and I had a couple questions. Since I did the k-1 a year ago, I am not sure how to answer the question with the new process in jamaica.

1)To those who did K-3, what was acceptable in terms of the "proof of ongoing marital relationship." with them only being marraid about a few weeks by the time they start this process there is not much to go by. The info we normally use for the K-1 like pictures, phone bills, ticket stubd etc that they have tons of, would that count.

2) Do they need the I-134 or the I-864 for the jamaican interview?

3) How long is the k-3 process as opposed to waiting for the I-485 process.

4) With the new fees, am I right to assume that there is no fee with the K-3 if an I-130 is filed first and then K-3 filed after?

5) Would you suggest filing the I-485 with the I-130 if you intend to do the K-3.

Hope I am not asking too much. My process went so easy that I am not sure I understand what may be some of the pitfalls so I am just hoping you guys can help me out with advising my friends.

Has anyone heard of the reggae artist named Daville?

Roy really likes him....I guess he's okay.....kinda cute.... :innocent:

I bought him his new CD a few months back -- that's really all he listens to.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:help: OFF TOPIC

For those that went through the AOS process..... How did you pay ? Check, money order, certified check??

If by check, how long did it take for them to process and cash the check(s)??

Your help will be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks !!

Kelly

PS Congrats to finding the genders of your likkle ones. My sons bday is Dec 5th (dag he'll be 14 !!!.....lets see if Rhonda-girl or Jonesie-boy will be the closest :P )

Damn I can't remember...I think it was cashiers check thru our bank.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

Ok, I've been on here asking about different ViOP services and cld each one. Basically the savings are not that much for me to go the extra route of either having my # changed or purchasing the equipment. I currently pay 35 cents a min thru AT&T as my long distance carrier. Anyway, I am interested in hearing more about this MegaFone. I was told I could purchase a CDMA phone here in the states and have it unlocked and they would be able to transfer service to my phone. Is that correct? What about MiPhone? Does anyone know about that?

Why are you paying 35 cents a min??? That is CRAZY! I know from previous posts people have given numerous other methods that #1-don't require purchasing $$ equipment and #2-are under 20 cents a min. Is there something I am missing? Just off of the top of my head I can recall Sprint calling cards are one way...then I personally use www.noblecom.com and have used www.tel3advantage.com in the past. All of which are under 20 cents a min. Hope this helps or clue me in....please :huh:

I don't purchase calling cards. When I call JA I normally just call from my home phone. It's not that bad b/c I don't call Javon often but w/my daughter going down I wanted a way for her to call me daily w/o putting us in debt. On average I pay about $300 a month for my phone service and that includes my landline (which I only use for long distance), my DSL, and my dish network.

Tell her to buy the jus talk phone cards it's 5 cents a min and is rechargeable. How old is your daughter?

She's 10. Can I purchase the card from here or should I have Javon get it for her down there? Is that price from JA to the US? If JA, does it work on the Digicel or C&W network?

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Been missing all the excitement. Trying to play catch up but phew! Things have changed. Just got back from Jamaica. Iffiesha's first trip home since she moved here last year. She was so escited and after two days she had enough. I think the slow pace in Jamaica is going to take some getting used to especially with her now juggling school, work and family life. But we are doing well. Went for her brothers wedding.

So they are doing a K-3 and I had a couple questions. Since I did the k-1 a year ago, I am not sure how to answer the question with the new process in jamaica.

1)To those who did K-3, what was acceptable in terms of the "proof of ongoing marital relationship." with them only being marraid about a few weeks by the time they start this process there is not much to go by. The info we normally use for the K-1 like pictures, phone bills, ticket stubd etc that they have tons of, would that count.

4) With the new fees, am I right to assume that there is no fee with the K-3 if an I-130 is filed first and then K-3 filed after?

5) Would you suggest filing the I-485 with the I-130 if you intend to do the K-3.

Hope I am not asking too much. My process went so easy that I am not sure I understand what may be some of the pitfalls so I am just hoping you guys can help me out with advising my friends.

Hey Trinilad and Iffiesha (F)

Can't answer those questions - sorry - just wanted to hail you up.

Another :ot:

If so, what do you think of his music?

I like DaVille, but I like all the singers

Lukie D, Singer J, Christopher Martin, Christopher...can't forget Beres Hammond and the other classics too :bigup:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Ok, I've been on here asking about different ViOP services and cld each one. Basically the savings are not that much for me to go the extra route of either having my # changed or purchasing the equipment. I currently pay 35 cents a min thru AT&T as my long distance carrier. Anyway, I am interested in hearing more about this MegaFone. I was told I could purchase a CDMA phone here in the states and have it unlocked and they would be able to transfer service to my phone. Is that correct? What about MiPhone? Does anyone know about that?

Why are you paying 35 cents a min??? That is CRAZY! I know from previous posts people have given numerous other methods that #1-don't require purchasing $$ equipment and #2-are under 20 cents a min. Is there something I am missing? Just off of the top of my head I can recall Sprint calling cards are one way...then I personally use www.noblecom.com and have used www.tel3advantage.com in the past. All of which are under 20 cents a min. Hope this helps or clue me in....please :huh:

I don't purchase calling cards. When I call JA I normally just call from my home phone. It's not that bad b/c I don't call Javon often but w/my daughter going down I wanted a way for her to call me daily w/o putting us in debt. On average I pay about $300 a month for my phone service and that includes my landline (which I only use for long distance), my DSL, and my dish network.

Tell her to buy the jus talk phone cards it's 5 cents a min and is rechargeable. How old is your daughter?

. I am still waiting for my friend to get back to us. I would love a cheaper way than 19 cents a minute. I love talking to his mom every Sunday and she has no other family than us.

I would say if you used cards to get a ringyard card for 19 cents a minutes. I am still looking it to what my friend does with Vonage. I emailed him the other day so he will probably reply but who knows it could be soon come with him.

We pay 111 for com cast cable, land line (includes long distance) and high speed net. I had thought about switching to dish but that sounds a lot more expensive.

It's my long distance calls that is a killer. I don't touch my landline unless it's an oversees call. I have my cell phone w/3000 day time mins for everything else. My DSL is $28.99 & my dish is only $75 a month w/3 premium channels. Dish for me was cheaper then Comcast.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

For those who are interested in the MegaFone, they use either a sprint or verizon phone. Credit cost $1200 per month, you talk alll you want as long as you want. I have a motorola v3c and i call my fiance in Orlando at least 10 times per day, Maybe more :luv: All he does is send a text message and i call him right back. It's way better than 5 cents a min. Try it.

I was looking at that same phone last night but can't seem to find one w/o a contract that's at a reasonable cost.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

1. You can use the same info but they are asking for "proof of marital relationship". Most ppl use signed affidavits from family and/or friends along w/the marriage cert. If they have anything in both their names (medical ins, bank acct, etc) that also would be helpful. Because I sent my I-130 at the beginning of the new changes I was still approved.

2. I want to say the I-134 is needed for the interview b/c the K's visa have the same process, however, if the I-130 get approved first then the I-864 will be required.

3. Since they are already married I dont' think they will be able to file for the I-485. Basically that petition is to adjust status once they arrives in the states. If you are referring to the I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) I would say it's taking about 90 days for both. Just depends on the service center of course.

4. You are correct. There are no add'l fees to USCIS, however, they might have to pay $100 for the interview. You might want to check into that as well.

5. Again the I-485 & I-130 is to adj status. Since he is still in JA that does not apply to him.

Hope this helps if you need anything else feel free to ask away. You can never ask too many questions.

Edited by nyseness

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Never heard of him...will have to check him out.

Andre is big into Sean Kingston now...Miami boy with Yardie parents...his music is good.

Oh and how could I forget about Akon...its all about Akon and of course Tupac :rolleyes:

Yeah my fiance loves Biggie and Tupac.. :) oh and Jay Z.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

AOS *sigh* I'm getting tired of all this paperwork, I guess I better start preparing for that.

Thanks to everyone on all the congrats.

Ringyard only connected for me once. all other times the call doesn't go thru. The megaphone drops calls like crazy.

I didn't send a bank statement with deposit info, only last years tax returns but the employment letter from my job was notarized and and the I-134 I got notarized

mr jengles wants to come up for august 10th

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Another :ot:

If so, what do you think of his music?

Of course. Love it! Especially "On my mind" Melv sings it to me all the time. :crying:

Shonnie

Edited by 12/11/2006

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

She's 10. Can I purchase the card from here or should I have Javon get it for her down there? Is that price from JA to the US? If JA, does it work on the Digicel or C&W network?

I think you should just send her down with your sprint phone and ask Javon to set it up at mega phone for $2000 + the $1200 phone card for unlimited calls per month. Also have him buy a $500 just talk phone card for a back up if and when she can't get through. :thumbs:

The jus talk will work with any cell phone and land phones since it's not prepaid for only one carrier. I'm trying to get more info on the rate (I remember it being 5 cents) since I haven't used it since Mr. Man got a mega phone. I'll def keep you posted.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.