Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey sonshyne. what'd you guys end up doing regarding the civil surgeon? i've called 2 so far. the first one wanted to charge me $200 just to fill out the I-693. that preposterous! so i called another one and she said that as long as we can show that he's had a syphillis and hiv test, an mmr, tetanus, and varicella vaccine, and a tb skin test then they'll fill out the i-693 and charge us $75 for the physical. how much did you guys have to pay?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
that didn't make sense to me at all. the purpose of notarizing is to verify that your signature is on a document. the i-134 obviously needs to be notarized, but tax returns? that's silly. why would we need to sign our tax returns? but i read through packet 3 and it did say that 2 or more of the following items are needed:

-notarized tax returns

-statement from employer verifying employment and income

-letter from the bank verifying bank account deposits and balance

-any other evidence that demonstrates the ability to assume financial responsibility for immigrant

i didn't get my tax returns notarized, and they're already with my fiance. i'm not freaking out because notarizing tax returns is stupid. i really don't see the embassy making a big stink about the tax returns unless the looked like they've been doctored up. besides, i have tax returns and tax transcripts for the past three years. the tax transcripts came straight from the US government.

Your absolutely right..it is my taxes....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
that didn't make sense to me at all. the purpose of notarizing is to verify that your signature is on a document. the i-134 obviously needs to be notarized, but tax returns? that's silly. why would we need to sign our tax returns? but i read through packet 3 and it did say that 2 or more of the following items are needed:

-notarized tax returns

-statement from employer verifying employment and income

-letter from the bank verifying bank account deposits and balance

-any other evidence that demonstrates the ability to assume financial responsibility for immigrant

i didn't get my tax returns notarized, and they're already with my fiance. i'm not freaking out because notarizing tax returns is stupid. i really don't see the embassy making a big stink about the tax returns unless the looked like they've been doctored up. besides, i have tax returns and tax transcripts for the past three years. the tax transcripts came straight from the US government.

I only had the I-134 notarized ....nothing else.

Timeline
congrats to you and all

Hey Marsha.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline

Congrats to all the happy people who are soon to be reunited! :thumbs:

I finally sent the paperwork to Marlon. 2 pounds, 11.10 ounces = $39.50 USPS Express mail! :wacko:

He should have it by next week and thankfully it is trackable!

SO now I wait... n finish the new HP book, organize my apartment, find a better weekend job etc...

*sigh*

Stats class is pretty much done, I have a very close A going into the project next week, should get at A! Hard work pays off! :thumbs:

*bleh*

Timeline
Regarding the tax returns copies,...Do they need to be notarized???

I did.

I only have copies printed. I e-filed my tax returns. Do I get the printed copies notarized? :help:

I was wondering the same thing. I was concerned b/c we recv'd a bigger refund then I had anticipated on my return but found out it was "interest" for taking so long w/the ITIN application. I have the printed 1040 and I requested a letter that states what my husband ITIN is.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
thanks Sonshyne...i jsut gotta think all will be fine..U know come to think of it Jax also told me that she didn't notarize hers and it was fine..we'll see

Now that I think about it Kimmy I think we should be fine. Those items were requested at NVC and if it was a problem someone would have mention it. Technically those forms are not even required again but still bring a copy for your records.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

:ot:

Ok, I've been on here asking about different ViOP services and cld each one. Basically the savings are not that much for me to go the extra route of either having my # changed or purchasing the equipment. I currently pay 35 cents a min thru AT&T as my long distance carrier. Anyway, I am interested in hearing more about this MegaFone. I was told I could purchase a CDMA phone here in the states and have it unlocked and they would be able to transfer service to my phone. Is that correct? What about MiPhone? Does anyone know about that?

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Ok, I've been on here asking about different ViOP services and cld each one. Basically the savings are not that much for me to go the extra route of either having my # changed or purchasing the equipment. I currently pay 35 cents a min thru AT&T as my long distance carrier. Anyway, I am interested in hearing more about this MegaFone. I was told I could purchase a CDMA phone here in the states and have it unlocked and they would be able to transfer service to my phone. Is that correct? What about MiPhone? Does anyone know about that?

My fiance has the megafon. He paid $1750J for the phone and it's $1000J a month. So worth it.. That's less than 15 dollars US a month. He also said that cable and wireless has the same program for $1000 a month but you just need the chip to put inside your phone. I wish we had that here.

Timeline

My fiance has the megafon. He paid $1750J for the phone and it's $1000J a month. So worth it.. That's less than 15 dollars US a month. He also said that cable and wireless has the same program for $1000 a month but you just need the chip to put inside your phone. I wish we had that here.

I know a couple of ppl that bought the phones down there and said they were garbage. I'm looking to purchase the phone here but have no idea where to go or even start looking. I think the C&W deal is cld the 10/8. I was reading up on it yesterday. I didn't know those were cell phones as well. The way the article read I thought they were landline phones. I've also tried to locate a # for MegaFone online but I can't find anything.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

we haven't had the best of luck with megafone. i think my fiance is on his 3rd phone. when it works, we can talk for about 49 seconds and then it drops the call. even though it's fickle, i've still managed to save about 50% on my long distance bill. he's got a miphone, c&w, and the megafone. he was telling me that one is his phones offers a package deal similar to megafone but hasn't gotten very far in checking it out. i've also heard about foreignphone (voip). it's linked with c&w and you connect this box to your cable modem. it's supposed to be like 17 cents/min to a cell phone. i recently tried using yahoo messenger to call him. i had to buy a phone card and it ended up being like 24 cents/min to call his cell. it's not as convenient because i have to be attached to my pc to talk to him.

my ideal situation would be to talk eachother through yahoo messenger. to me, just paying for an internet connection and being able to talk unlimited would be great. my fiance however, hates the internet.

I know a couple of ppl that bought the phones down there and said they were garbage. I'm looking to purchase the phone here but have no idea where to go or even start looking. I think the C&W deal is cld the 10/8. I was reading up on it yesterday. I didn't know those were cell phones as well. The way the article read I thought they were landline phones. I've also tried to locate a # for MegaFone online but I can't find anything.

There are places in Montego Bay that has them. I think my fiance has the number to a few shops...I'll ask him tonight and PM them to you. They are not the prettiest phones..but it's not his main one...so it doesn't matter. The only thing is sometime you have trouble getting through. But my calling card did the same thing so not that big of a deal. Overall, I think it serves it's purpose. And saving me and him a lot of cash...you feel me. :yes:

Timeline

we haven't had the best of luck with megafone. i think my fiance is on his 3rd phone. when it works, we can talk for about 49 seconds and then it drops the call. even though it's fickle, i've still managed to save about 50% on my long distance bill. he's got a miphone, c&w, and the megafone. he was telling me that one is his phones offers a package deal similar to megafone but hasn't gotten very far in checking it out. i've also heard about foreignphone (voip). it's linked with c&w and you connect this box to your cable modem. it's supposed to be like 17 cents/min to a cell phone. i recently tried using yahoo messenger to call him. i had to buy a phone card and it ended up being like 24 cents/min to call his cell. it's not as convenient because i have to be attached to my pc to talk to him.

my ideal situation would be to talk eachother through yahoo messenger. to me, just paying for an internet connection and being able to talk unlimited would be great. my fiance however, hates the internet.

Can you tell me more about the MiPhone? I also have been trying to read up on that as well but it all seem so confusing. I cld "foreignphone" but the plan do seem worth it to me. It would cost me $39.99 a month for the package, then 17 cents a mins PLUS I would to change phone #'s. I have family across the globe and for me to change #'s seems a bit much.

My husband doesn't have access to the net. I was looking into adding a landline w/the net but he's tell me it don't make sense. Not sure why, but he must know. :unsure:

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
thanks Sonshyne...i jsut gotta think all will be fine..U know come to think of it Jax also told me that she didn't notarize hers and it was fine..we'll see

Now that I think about it Kimmy I think we should be fine. Those items were requested at NVC and if it was a problem someone would have mention it. Technically those forms are not even required again but still bring a copy for your records.

Yes, that makes sense

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.