Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

I had the baby on Monday and hubby passed his interview yesterday, he said the officer told him out of 45 people so far for the morning, he was the only one who got a visa. I'm still waiting to hear all the details so I can pass it along.

DOUBLE Congratulations :dance::dance:

I'm so excited! I go for my ultrasound tomorrow morning (Friday) to find out the baby's sex :dance::goofy::dancing: I hope he/she cooperates and isn't crossing it's legs :lol:

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thanks for the warning nyseness :unsure:

not planning on having that problem but I still want to know the doctor

do you know the doctor?

THey went to Dr Banbury in MoBay. I guess it also depends on how much you give the doctor.. :unsure:

Unless there are 2 Dr. Banbury, that's the doc my husband went to in kingston...

my fiance said the interview letter arrived. i was concerned because of the discrepancy futuremrs had with their interview date but ours said aug. 7th. with it being so close to the interview i'm not sure if he'll get his medical done in time. he said he's going to schedule it today. i'm not stressing about it though. i don't think it'll affect his arrival date.

He can get his medical done as long as they have an opening...where does he live he can go to any of the 3 places....u can def get a date within a couple of days

he lives in mobay and has his mind set on going to mobay hope.

kimmy your hubby recently had the medical, did they give him a blood and urine test or just a blood test?

Nope, no urine only blood test..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

For the medical, do they do a blood or urine test? My fiance hates needles. I mean he has to do what he has to do if it's a needle. But I'm hoping for urine so that he won't have to be stuck with a needle. My poor baby. :(

Timeline

u know my thing is, if this is suppose to be a physical why aren't they doing urine tests..urine can show so much that could develope into diseases..I tell u about these ppl...

Kimmy

I had the baby on Monday and hubby passed his interview yesterday, he said the officer told him out of 45 people so far for the morning, he was the only one who got a visa. I'm still waiting to hear all the details so I can pass it along.

DOUBLE Congratulations :dance::dance:

I'm so excited! I go for my ultrasound tomorrow morning (Friday) to find out the baby's sex :dance::goofy::dancing: I hope he/she cooperates and isn't crossing it's legs :lol:

Awww...I remember those days...hope the baby cooperates :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
For the medical, do they do a blood or urine test? My fiance hates needles. I mean he has to do what he has to do if it's a needle. But I'm hoping for urine so that he won't have to be stuck with a needle. My poor baby. :(

Girl my husband is the same way, he almost had a heart attack cause the stupid nurse didn't know how to take blood and and to pull twice. The dco asked him why he made her stick him so many times :) When I told him he had to get other shots about 3 he started freaking out..i was like listen to u mr. "hardy"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Last year. Because she's crazy like that. She paid the doctor off and got her visa.

you mind finding out what doctor she went to? Just in case :devil::whistle:

MoBay Hope.

Prolem is, if they get caught, they need to do the palm greasing immediately. Once it's reported to the embassy, it's a 3 year ban to reapply for a visa.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Most def. needle. Sorry. Break it to him gently.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Most def. needle. Sorry. Break it to him gently.

LOL...I will.

Timeline
thanks for the warning nyseness :unsure:

not planning on having that problem but I still want to know the doctor

do you know the doctor?

THey went to Dr Banbury in MoBay. I guess it also depends on how much you give the doctor.. :unsure:

Unless there are 2 Dr. Banbury, that's the doc my husband went to in kingston...

I think he had two offices b/c its' the same doctor.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Yeah Anna...I remember hearing about this problem with him waaaay back.....and I remember talking to Roy about him and he confirmed it. I could be wrong but wasn't there a case (here on VJ...) where someone paid him and he still submitted the original test?

Roy went to MoBay Hope.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Yeah Anna...I remember hearing about this problem with him waaaay back.....and I remember talking to Roy about him and he confirmed it. I could be wrong but wasn't there a case (here on VJ...) where someone paid him and he still submitted the original test?

Roy went to MoBay Hope.

Yea that's what I was talking about. It just depends.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Better to do what I told Roy to do -- Stay away....stay very far away. You smell it -- you run in the other direction :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Better to do what I told Roy to do -- Stay away....stay very far away. You smell it -- you run in the other direction :lol: :lol:

That brings back memories..........Andre was talking to me on the phone one night and I heard him let out this scream and sound like he was running. His friend's lit up the chalice in his room and he was trying to escape. I laughed so hard.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Well he definitely won't be going to mobay....

We plan on pretesting just to make sure and rescheduling if needs be. Greasing palms is a last resort but I still want to know who and what my options are. I won't be doing this for another 3 years.

We....okay "I"...ended up paying off the Lab Supervisor......$335 US. Craig said she wanted $500 and I was like yeaaaaah right !!!

I truly believe that it was ALLLLLL a scam and I'll never ever know the truth!!! C said she "was fired"....don't know if that is all true either!!

Craig went to the one in Kingston. They do blood test because GANGA can stay in your system for UP TO 3 months !!!!

I laugh though, what Jamaican man LIKES needles??? I don't know of one that isn't very squirmish ! When he had his medical here, they poked and proded and he was like a total baby !!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.