Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Ask him what he wants. Looking back, I'm glad we came here together. At Sangster the damn girl that worked immigration gave him a hard time *lang kissteet* and had I not been there he may have missed the flight. Then the form that needed to be filled out to give to US immigration he didn't know how to do so I did it for him. Then when going thru US immigration and waiting for his passport to be stamped took forever and a day (another chick tried to give attitude telling me that I didn't need to go with him - I told her about herself and went anyway because I know my damn rights) in Atlanta, AND we had to catch a connecting flight from Atlanta to San Francisco, and that airport is huge so I was able to run thru like a mad woman with him in tow to make sure we were at our gate on time to make the flight :lol:

If your man has a straight flight from Jamaica to US then it may be easier, but we had two planes to catch so things would have been extremely difficult for him, and since waiting on the passport stamp took so much of our time we had to hightail it to our next flight.

I arrived in Jamaica before Christmas and we left after my birthday (early January) and his one way ticket was under $430.00. My ticket was a bit more (about $100.00 more) but again worth it. We got to spend Christmas with the family, go to Gran Market night, party on New Years Eve, party again on my birthday, and come back to the US together. My money was tight at the time too but my mom bought his ticket as a gift for him, which was really nice of her.

You could always have him interview in December and after the holidays around mid January start pricing tickets for the two of you.

Good luck!

I'm a little nervous about my fiance's POE experience. He's not great with filling out forms. Which form is it that he'll have to fill out and when do they give it to him?

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me wants to strangle mr jengles right now, but I'm trying to refrain. maybe i'm the one worrying too much. he hasn't filled out the packet 3 forms yet, and I sent down all the other info yesterday, copies of passport pages, bank statements, more phone bills, list of questions and answers, stuff from my job showing he's on my medical insurance from 1/1 and he's running around with a soon come attitude.

and of course still no sign from baby that she is ready to make her apperance. I think my hormones are out of control!!

I'm praying for a successful interview for your hubby.

Ditto! :thumbs:

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

I know the NVC said they would start scheduling the interviews in June. Has anyone been given an interview that was scheduled by the NVC?

I'm gonna try to get them to schedule mine if that's the case because they are clearly skipping over people (like me) who have been waiting since January.

I have been waiting for my interview to get scheduled by the NVC. The cse was completed on Jun 25. Per the reps I have spoken with interviews for August will be scheduled the 2nd week in July. This week!!! I have tried to call the NVC today but all the lines were busy. I am praying that we get our interview date this week. I think I will be the 1st person on VJ that is getting interviewed at the Kingston embasy that is under this new process with the NVC now scheduling the appt.

Jenice

I wish you luck that you are.

I wonder if that will make things a little easier? If the NVC is scheduling, maybe that means the USC would be able to find out earlier, and might be able to make travel arrangements?

They gave him a date that day. That's what I'm saying, Tia, it was easier.

As a sort of a side note, the first time he went, he went after the 10 o'clock (traffic was bad) cut off for just walking in and had to come back the next day. He did travel 2 days in a row then.

and as for the interview letter, did they print one out for him right on the spot or is the interview letter requirement a new thing? i'm just pissed that an interview letter is required in the first place. why can an ID be sufficient? i'm stressing so much about this that i cried today.

Oh, Tia. I'm so sorry.

They wrote the date on a sheet of paper and he went to the medical with that. The official letter came in the mail right before the interview, with his second copy of packet 4 that we just threw away.

no need to apologize jomo. this is the first time i've ever cried over this so i feel like i've done a good job at keeping my nerves in check. it's just that we're so close to the end.

i've got a wine cooler and i'm starting to settle down. :thumbs:

Yeah, I think the closer you get to the end, the more stressful it gets. On the day of the interview I was a mess, I didn't get much work done.

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Hey Girl;

I see that you highly recommend the USC attend the interview. What if you can't? My job works on a schedule that is prepared on an 8-weeks basis and any request for time-off has to be submitted at least 4-weeks before the schedule is posted. Is it detrimental if you possibly can't attend? What if you submit all the required info and proof of relationship? I am beginning to panic (I tend to have an over-active imagination) even though I have not yet filed. :wacko: LOL :blush:

Girl I am nuts about this guy and am desperate for him to join me here.

ADVICE?

That's a hard choice to make, especially when you have a job and other responsibilities. It seems to be highly recommended that you attend. I didn't and even now I almost wish I had. Everything went fine, but I have no idea what happened because trying to get the details from him? :wacko:

If you can manage it, if you find out early enough to take the time, maybe you should. But if you can't, you can't.

Yes, thank goodness. I was worried that we would have to wait a month or more.

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know of any good restaurants in Ocho Rios? I'll be there this weekend.

Hey there!

I will be there Saturday until next Saturday.

If you can go a little outside of Ochi at Harmony Hall there is an awesome restaurant, Tusconini's

(sp??) We always go there. Only a 10 minute drive.

If you are looking in town, The Ruins, VERY romantic, Evita's, BiBi Bibs is great too.

How long are you there for?

try Almond Tree Restaurant in Hisbicus Lodge, thats where hubby and i got married its on main street in town

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

the NVC is scheduling interviews for visas? so does that mean the ds-230 gets sent to the nvc or still to kingston?

Of course I am what my grandmother would call tormented, which is why i'm up at this hour.

hubby got the package from DHL yesterday morning, i'm impressed last time it took three days to get to JA this time only 2.

Most people seem to be moving right along. Not sure what is going on with the interview letters and why they are not sending them out in a timely manner.

If i were you guys I would complain, not to the kingston embassy but to that place in texas that seems to be in charge over them. after that little fiasco with hubby interview date, I sent them a nice little letter. It may not help your situation that much, but maybe it will help people who file after us.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Good luck!

I'm a little nervous about my fiance's POE experience. He's not great with filling out forms. Which form is it that he'll have to fill out and when do they give it to him?

Just the same forms that we all fill out when we come back into the country..........immigration forms, but they have some different stuff they have to put on there, because they--obviously, they aren't citizens.

Whatever airline he'll be flying coming here, just look in the back of their magazine on the plane....if he has any questions, the flight attendants are happy to help them.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh okay....my fiance has his original BC.

It's a good idea for him to get a certified copy or two to bring with him. They ended up keeping Andre's original and we had to scramble to have his mom get another and snail mail it to us. Took what seems like forever. It's better to take care of that before he leaves. Easier too. He'll need it for things like the marriage license, driver's license, Social Security card, etc.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Girl;

I see that you highly recommend the USC attend the interview. What if you can't? My job works on a schedule that is prepared on an 8-weeks basis and any request for time-off has to be submitted at least 4-weeks before the schedule is posted. Is it detrimental if you possibly can't attend? What if you submit all the required info and proof of relationship? I am beginning to panic (I tend to have an over-active imagination) even though I have not yet filed. :wacko: LOL :blush:

ADVICE?

That's a hard choice to make, especially when you have a job and other responsibilities. It seems to be highly recommended that you attend. I didn't and even now I almost wish I had. Everything went fine, but I have no idea what happened because trying to get the details from him? :wacko:

If you can manage it, if you find out early enough to take the time, maybe you should. But if you can't, you can't.

OMG....Andre has a photographic memory. He practically gave me the play-by-play of the entire interview. I felt like I had been there, even though he didn't need me.....he rocked!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Oh okay....my fiance has his original BC.

It's a good idea for him to get a certified copy or two to bring with him. They ended up keeping Andre's original and we had to scramble to have his mom get another and snail mail it to us. Took what seems like forever. It's better to take care of that before he leaves. Easier too. He'll need it for things like the marriage license, driver's license, Social Security card, etc.

Each state (country or district) is different, here in our part of Maryland, so far, Craig didn't needed his BC for the marriage license or his SS card....he only needed to show his passport, shoot he didn't need to be present when I got the marriage cert. I had his cousin bring back another BC, so we can use it for the AOS (in case they ask for it).

Hey Girl;

ADVICE?

OMG....Andre has a photographic memory. He practically gave me the play-by-play of the entire interview. I felt like I had been there, even though he didn't need me.....he rocked!

He is completely one of a kind !!! I don't even know any American man that has a photographic memory......and I'm raising one !!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I made an appointment for Donna's medical this morning. She is to go in at 7:30am on July 25th (Medical Associates). I received the Wachovia bank letter Wednesday in the mail. Donna went by the embassy yesterday to pick up Packet 4. Just 4 more weeks till I'm there with her making final preparations for the interview.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I made an appointment for Donna's medical this morning. She is to go in at 7:30am on July 25th (Medical Associates). I received the Wachovia bank letter Wednesday in the mail. Donna went by the embassy yesterday to pick up Packet 4. Just 4 more weeks till I'm there with her making final preparations for the interview.

Thats great..I think I like medical associates better..I liked that they r ready to go the time they tell u...plus it's cheaper

We are offical Green Card HOLDERS!!!!! :whistle::angry::dance: Damn I wanted the 10 year card. :hehe::lol:

Yeah hubby dosen't know yet......Wondering how I should surprise him.

CONGRATS !! :dance::dance:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Thats great..I think I like medical associates better..I liked that they r ready to go the time they tell u...plus it's cheaper

We are offical Green Card HOLDERS!!!!! :whistle::angry::dance: Damn I wanted the 10 year card. :hehe::lol:

Yeah hubby dosen't know yet......Wondering how I should surprise him.

CONGRATS !! :dance::dance:

I don't think I'm going to tell him until I purchase this tickets back home, boy will he be surprised.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK thats what i meant NVC, thanks for the correction. Are they scheduling for k1 or k3? I"m actually here in Kingston, My fiance is the USC. I was asking if my BC had to show both parents name. I was reading a canadian poster's packet 3 and saw where they ask that the BC have both parents name on it.

I'm not sure. I heard recently that JA is now requesting both parents to be on the BC but then again I seen others get approved w/o any problems. Maybe someone else can add to this, b/c my husband have both names on his.

NVC is scheduling for the CR-1 / IR-1 visa. Not sure about the K3, I would think not since it's the same process as the K1.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.