Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks so much for the words of advice!

Although I really want to go I won't merely because honestly I cannot afford it nor to take time off. I am already on the verge of having my car repossessed (long story) suffice to say I got screwed on my vehicle and I have tried to no avail to either re-finance or trade it in. Not having a car will not affect me personally as I live close to work and everything but it will screw my credit. To top everything off I found out today that I am borderline diabetic and it is reccommended that I take Metformin. I hate mondays... :wacko:

Your health comes first - take care of yourself and trust that the Lord will handle everything. Your man seems confident and wants to do this on his own - he'll be fine :yes: just handle what you can (sending necessary paperwork down, calling him to review the info you've sent him, giving him "quizzes" about you and your family, etc.)

I think I am going to take a little break now from VJ since we have received the Green Card today. Hubby is getting upset about all the time that I am on here and sharing business. So if anyone needs pointers for CR1 pm me and I will stop on here once in awhile. All the best with everyones interviews coming up. This has been a wonderful site.

CIAO

Jax

You and hubby take care. Don't be a stranger - let us know once you breed :devil::lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Thanks for the info Jonesie. Can you tell me how to create the free "addy"? I use yahoo mail. I am gonna try to get my home phone records starting now. The calling cards I use are the one I buy from the corner grocery and don't know if I can actually get those call logs, but I will try. I have tons of used cards with the dates of use written on them.

When I started talking to Mike, I caled from my home phone and when the bills started getting out of control, I bought the calling cards, not knowing that I would get to this point where I would need the evidence. I bought a Megaphone in my name in Jamaica and that is what he is using to call me now. We talk everyday. We write letters and send cards to each other also, so I will keep those also. :blink:

You guys/gals are really amazing and I appreciate all the really helpful info you all are providing for me at this early stage. By the time I file, I know I will be an K-1 visa expert. :dance:

Thanks a Whole Bunch

Calire

Go to yahoo/hotmail/gmail and create a free email acct, and "send" messages between your account and "his" account. Don't make it anything too complicated - just short messages like "can't wait to see you" "I miss you" "wanted to say hello" - you never know if you get someone for interview and they have the printout of a long message and wants him to break it down word for word by memory :lol:

I used SDIcard.com, they had pretty good cards and rates calling to Jamaica. The good thing about them was the email confirmation I got for every card I purchased. Even if you get just one card a month, try using an online vendor because they will provide the proof of purchase. You could even take the calling cards you bought at the store, tape them to a letter sheet of paper and make photocopies...isn't as solid as online records but still proof that you were buying the cards to call.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
how did you guys print off your text messages? i have verizon and i've tried to print them off but had no luck. then my phone broke and i had to get it replaced and lost all the text messages that i got from him. it really made me sad.

creating an email addy and "sending" emails to eachother is a great idea! i don't have any written evidence of support from him. he hates writing. if all our phone records are sufficient (i have a year's worth of them) to show that we maintain contact on a regular basis then i'd much rather just go with that.

I would text him from my email acct using and he would reply back from his phone (Digicel). I saved them all and printed out, then when I put the binder together submitted by most recent text to the oldest.

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
I had a crazy idea to attend the interview with Marlon. My boss approved the time off and there is a slight possiblity that I could get a buddy pass from a friend. I called Marlon with the idea and he said that it was up to me. He asked me why and I stated that there was a couple recently where it was requested that the USC be present at the interview. He seemed keen on the idea BUT he did mention that he is still trying to come up with the money for the Non-Impediment form and cost of the medical. I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed that he wasn't excited at the prospect of seeing me but he told me not too worry that he could swing the interview on his own. I am just sad and missing him... :help:

There was no way possible for me to go but I couldn't either (it was either go to the interview and hubby fly here alone or him go to interview alone and us fly from JA to the US together and he wanted me there to fly back with him here) but he got offended because he felt I was treating him like he couldn't handle it. Honestly, I was and still am extremely proud of him. He did it all on his own, all I did was file the paperwork and submit. I can't imagine the pressure he felt but he held his own and we got approved. The feeling of him sitting in that plane seat next to me coming home with me is one that I will never forget (L) don't take his reaction as set in stone - just pray on it and regardless of if you go or not be sure that he is 120% prepared. You two will soon be together :yes:

Jonesie....I am so in the same delema as you went through.... Should I plan on going to the interview or plan on going to fly to the US with him??? By looking at everyone elses timeline it puts my interview the end of December...which as we know is the most expensive time to travel.... OR, plan on going in January and (crossing fingers) bring him back? If he goes byhimself and they give him the "blue paper" for me to attend....I could just go in January right??? Ughhhh I don't know what to do....I know I have a ways to go but just trying to plan my expenses....

Ask him what he wants. Looking back, I'm glad we came here together. At Sangster the damn girl that worked immigration gave him a hard time *lang kissteet* and had I not been there he may have missed the flight. Then the form that needed to be filled out to give to US immigration he didn't know how to do so I did it for him. Then when going thru US immigration and waiting for his passport to be stamped took forever and a day (another chick tried to give attitude telling me that I didn't need to go with him - I told her about herself and went anyway because I know my damn rights) in Atlanta, AND we had to catch a connecting flight from Atlanta to San Francisco, and that airport is huge so I was able to run thru like a mad woman with him in tow to make sure we were at our gate on time to make the flight :lol:

If your man has a straight flight from Jamaica to US then it may be easier, but we had two planes to catch so things would have been extremely difficult for him, and since waiting on the passport stamp took so much of our time we had to hightail it to our next flight.

I arrived in Jamaica before Christmas and we left after my birthday (early January) and his one way ticket was under $430.00. My ticket was a bit more (about $100.00 more) but again worth it. We got to spend Christmas with the family, go to Gran Market night, party on New Years Eve, party again on my birthday, and come back to the US together. My money was tight at the time too but my mom bought his ticket as a gift for him, which was really nice of her.

You could always have him interview in December and after the holidays around mid January start pricing tickets for the two of you.

Good luck!

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jonesie....I am so in the same delema as you went through.... Should I plan on going to the interview or plan on going to fly to the US with him??? By looking at everyone elses timeline it puts my interview the end of December...which as we know is the most expensive time to travel.... OR, plan on going in January and (crossing fingers) bring him back? If he goes byhimself and they give him the "blue paper" for me to attend....I could just go in January right??? Ughhhh I don't know what to do....I know I have a ways to go but just trying to plan my expenses....

I, too, had the same problem. Damien had a choice - either I went to the interview or bring him home We decided on the interview. I knew how hard it was going to be saying goodbye to his loved ones...not knowing when he would see them again was really hard for him...I gave him some privacy before starting his new life in the US with me.

That was his first time on a plane and leaving JA so my nerves were shot. I called him every every five minutes the day he left. He told me to stop "babying" him. Everything worked out. After our two trips last year...he was emotional mess so looking back...I'm glad he had that alone time with his family before leaving JA for good.

I guess there's no wrong or right answer...do whatever is best for you. Good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

I, too, had the same problem. Damien had a choice - either I went to the interview or bring him home We decided on the interview. I knew how hard it was going to be saying goodbye to his loved ones...not knowing when he would see them again was really hard for him...I gave him some privacy before starting his new life in the US with me.

That was his first time on a plane and leaving JA so my nerves were shot. I called him every every five minutes the day he left. He told me to stop "babying" him. Everything worked out. After our two trips last year...he was emotional mess so looking back...I'm glad he had that alone time with his family before leaving JA for good.

I guess there's no wrong or right answer...do whatever is best for you. Good luck :thumbs:

Exactly - do whatever you can. Hubby had the time before I got there to spend with his family, but the day before we left Jamaica we were with his mother...seeing her cry when we left her yard was extremely hard on me. His brother, sister, niece, nephew, and best friend came with us to the airport (we piled in the car like circus clowns :lol::lol:) and it was just as emotional saying good bye to them.

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Exactly - do whatever you can. Hubby had the time before I got there to spend with his family, but the day before we left Jamaica we were with his mother...seeing her cry when we left her yard was extremely hard on me. His brother, sister, niece, nephew, and best friend came with us to the airport (we piled in the car like circus clowns :lol::lol:) and it was just as emotional saying good bye to them.

Hey Jonesie - how are you feeling?

Good-byes are always so emotional...wait until he goes home the first time :crying: I cried more than his family and friends... :crying:

Timeline

Hey Jonesie - how are you feeling?

Good-byes are always so emotional...wait until he goes home the first time :crying: I cried more than his family and friends... :crying:

Girl I stayed home from work today, pains kept me up all night - not to mention little one is up when I try to sleep and wakes me up like clockwork every three hours. Irritated as all hell today but what else is new :lol:

Saying good bye to my sweetie (his niece) was hard - I cried when I had to give her to his sister. When we go to JA after the baby is born we're gonna get the adoption process started for her.

Let me sneak in your luggage and go to JA with you this month :lol: I'll pay the overweight fee

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Girl I stayed home from work today, pains kept me up all night - not to mention little one is up when I try to sleep and wakes me up like clockwork every three hours. Irritated as all hell today but what else is new :lol:

Saying good bye to my sweetie (his niece) was hard - I cried when I had to give her to his sister. When we go to JA after the baby is born we're gonna get the adoption process started for her.

Let me sneak in your luggage and go to JA with you this month :lol: I'll pay the overweight fee

Hope you feel better soon (F) Your baby is so active. Are you giving hubby a hard time?

Timeline

Hope you feel better soon (F) Your baby is so active. Are you giving hubby a hard time?

I sure am and will continue to until the baby gets here :lol: just kidding. Men really don't understand what it's like to be preggo. When I told him I wanted a doula he said "what for - don't you just push the baby out and done?" girl I wanted to :bonk: because he cannot stand hospitals and ain't no tellin what he'll do once I go into labor and I need a support person <_<

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

I sure am and will continue to until the baby gets here :lol: just kidding. Men really don't understand what it's like to be preggo. When I told him I wanted a doula he said "what for - don't you just push the baby out and done?" girl I wanted to :bonk: because he cannot stand hospitals and ain't no tellin what he'll do once I go into labor and I need a support person <_<

The birthing part of the whole process is the scariest for me. I don't have any kids...but when I do I don't know what I'll do. I'm so scary and I don't like hospitals or pain or doctors and definitely not the Dentist. Okay, I'll stop venting. i went to the dentist last friday and learned that i have another cavity.

Timeline

Craig wanted me at the interview because he was so flippin nervous and he said he'd be totally fine flying by himself. I to reeeeeally could not afford it, because I was there just a month before and I only went down 2 nights. I was the only one interviewed, Craig wasn't.

I got an extra customs form (on my way down) from the airline personnel and filled it in for him and told him to copy word for word on it. I booked a non-stop for him, but the wait at BWI was almost an hour.....THAT was the worse wait. I truly thought he didn't make the flight waiting so long !!!

I personally think being there is the best....but...again, if he is VERY and I'm talking VERY prepared than he should be okay.

For the new folks that are going through the process ....and you haven't known each other long, grill each other. There are tons of example questions that I can email .....just PM me and I'll be happy to send them.

Kelly

Jay Donna,

What bank to do you use? $25 dollars is kinda steep for a letter. I have Wachovia and I had to get a letter when I brought my house and it was no charge. Hopefully they won't charge for this letter.

My bank of america didn't charge either....and I was in and out within 10 minutes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question for anyone who has gone thru AOS already. I am in the process of getting our AOS package together. My question is, do I "have" to send in a tax transrcipt? Or will the W-2 forms be good enough?

I sent in copies of the tax returns with the W-2's. Never used transcripts.

Thanks Jomo, I'll be doing the same, my package will be in the mail today.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
The birthing part of the whole process is the scariest for me. I don't have any kids...but when I do I don't know what I'll do. I'm so scary and I don't like hospitals or pain or doctors and definitely not the Dentist. Okay, I'll stop venting. i went to the dentist last friday and learned that i have another cavity.

I have a child and I still dislike hearing birthing stories...makes me sick. My cousin have 3 children and we were together everytime she went into labor :help: I was no help....I dropped her off at the emergency room :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.