Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
For all the "newbies".... please put this information in a word document or file in you email, that will help you and/or others that are going through the process. Also keep in mind that some of my information may have changed since I went through the process over a year ago.

Pertains to K1 Visas (without bringing any children here) - before sending your paperwork, make 2 copies of everything.

Suggestion for sending packet and/or interview -- put everything into binder and use ACCO fasteners. Have cover pages separating the different types of evidence and tabs at the bottom of the pages to flip between the different sections.

For the I-129F

-One paragraph of how we met. The actual date that we met, where and then the other times, dates and location (hotel) that we've seen and spent time together.

**On line 18 of the petition, I put * additional sheet attached

-Then the G-325A biographic information--all 4 pages are slightly different

-A copy of the USC's birth certificate

-A copy of his birth certificate (it's not needed, but did it just in case)

-USC letter of intent -typed (just use the sample off of the VJ website) http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

-His/her letter of intent (typed)

INTERVIEW LETTER

DS 156 FILLED OUT ONLINE WITH BARCODE (2 COPIES)

DS156 K filled out online (no barcode) basically just typed in (2 copies)

DS-157 filled out online (no barcode) typed in (2 copies)

DS230 form - typed

I134 form - Affidavit of Support

--Current bank statements

--1 year of tax returns/transcripts (I needed 3 yrs) w/ W2s or 1099's (if self employed)

--Employment letter(s)

--Pay stubs

--Bank letter - from bank providing acct date, average balance, deposit history

Medical Examination-completed no paperwork to take to interview, Embassy should have file

Application Fee- $100 bring receipt from Paymaster to Embassy @ interview

-Then all of your proof of your relationship. Letters, cards, Invoices/receipts from hotels, airplanes, phone bills, txt msgs, emails. Pictures. I personally had 5 pages of photos, I just made copies from my home copier/scanner onto photo paper I bought from Walmart.

Items that fiance has or must go and get:

Fiance's passport - valid for at least 6 months from the time the visa will be issued

6 Passport photos - (I had made a copy on my printer -scanned- and sent him 12 pictures)

Fiance's long form birth certificate(pinkish red and green) -

Police certificate from Kingston - valid for 1 year. The police certificate is 1,000 JMD for return in 3 weeks and 2,500 JMD for return in 3 days.

No Impediment Form- Received from LOCAL Registrar Generals office (certificate of singleness). Cost is approximately $105.00 US -- $5500 JA. Can take up to a month to receive it back, depending on the Local Office.

***U.S. Embassy Announces Changes to Immigrant Visa Document Requirements

Beginning December 1, 2005, the Immigrant Visa Unit of the Consular Section of the United States Embassy will require all Jamaica-resident applicants for immigrant visas who are aged 18 years of age and older and are in categories requiring them to be unmarried to obtain a Certificate of No-Impediment to Marriage. This new requirement will affect applicants in the IR2, IR3, IR4, F11, F22, and F24 categories who are aged 18 or older. It will also affect all Jamaica-resident children aged 18 and older who will be accompanying an immigrant visa applicant. Applicants should apply for a Certificate of No-Impediment to Marriage at any office of the Registrar General’s Department or on the Registrar General’s Department website. Applicants may find further information about this document and the form for requesting it at http://www.rgd.gov.jm.

Medical Examination -completed no paperwork to take to interview, Embassy should have file. Can't go to the medical exam withOUT the Interview letter. Make sure that you get a copy of the DS2032 (Vaccination supplement form) which is given to him/her at the medical exam. YOU MUST bring the following to your medical: 4 Passport Photos, Completed Medical History Form, Passport, Any Immunization Records Showing Prior Vaccinations and Your Appointment Letter (from the Embassy - "Packet #4")

--Non-immigrant visa application fee of $100 U.S. dollars must be paid in the amount of J$6,300 at any Paymaster Jamaica Limited branch. The fee does not have to be paid the day of the interview, we got ours 2 days prior. Paymaster locations --http://www.paymaster-online.com/locations.html

FOR K-1: A letter containing your scheduled interview date. You MUST bring this letter with you to your interview. They WILL NOT let you in the Embassy without it. Also bring Original birth certificates, and originals of any documents to support the I-134 fall into this category. They have the right to ask for the original of any document (and keep it).

Bring an updated letter of intent (for both).

KingstonIVInfo@state.gov

The U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica will move operations to

the NOB December 13, 2006. All mail and telephone calls should be

forwarded to the new location beginning December13,2006... the new primary telephone number for the U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica will be:

Country Code: 876

Main Switchboard Number: 702-6000

The Primary Fax Number will be:

Fax Number: 702-6001

Sample Interview questions -

http://www.***removed***/visas/kvisa/sample...-questions.html

FREE texting to Jamaica -

8761234567@digitextjm.com

For the Interview in Kingston. I is HIIIIIGHLY recommended that the USC attend !!! They will interview separately. For those that have been since the "new" place opened, please jump in here about what to possibly expect.

Since fiance(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to BCIS when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

If approved after the interview, you go to Airpak and that process is taking anywhere from 14 days to a month --depends on how busy they are? I would not recommend scheduling a flight because of the cost to make changes if the VISA is not to him/her in time. Airpak has pick up locations island wide, MoBay, Ochi, Town, Negril, Sav...click the link for more info http://www.airpakexpress.com/island.htm

The visa must be used within 6 months of being issued. The fiance(e) is allowed to enter the US once with the visa, with the purpose of getting married, which must happen within 90 days. The fiance(e) is not allowed to travel freely into and out of the US with the visa.

I would highly recommend trying to closest to the 90th day to get married ---it is a HUGE adjustment process.

Next step, AOS. Apply SS #, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61575 --Civil Surgeons

I hope this information helps. Some things change, but 99% of this information remains the same.

WOW girl, you really have it all together. I printed this info out so that I can refer to it when I start my journey next year. This is really some awesome stuff. Thanks a million for that post.

I am proud to have your post to refer to.

Big Up

Claire

Hey Girl;

I see that you highly recommend the USC attend the interview. What if you can't? My job works on a schedule that is prepared on an 8-weeks basis and any request for time-off has to be submitted at least 4-weeks before the schedule is posted. Is it detrimental if you possibly can't attend? What if you submit all the required info and proof of relationship? I am beginning to panic (I tend to have an over-active imagination) even though I have not yet filed. :wacko: LOL :blush:

Girl I am nuts about this guy and am desperate for him to join me here.

ADVICE?

Need your help before I send money to my brother.

I-130 FOR SON OVER 21 UNMARRIED WITH A 5 Y/O DAUGHTER IMMIGRATING AT THE SAME TIME.

His interview will be on July 31st and I am a bit confused on the amount of fees he should bring to Kingston with him for the interview. The interview checklist reads: "Be prepared to pay $335 for the application fee and $45 for the security surcharge for each applicant" Is this saying that he should bring $335x2 PLUS $45X2 or $335 plus $45 each for himself and his 5 Y/O child.

I called USCIS and they were as useless as T1Ts on a Bull. Thanks for your response.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I-130 FOR SON OVER 21 UNMARRIED WITH A 5 Y/O DAUGHTER IMMIGRATING AT THE SAME TIME.

His interview will be on July 31st and I am a bit confused on the amount of fees he should bring to Kingston with him for the interview. The interview checklist reads: "Be prepared to pay $335 for the application fee and $45 for the security surcharge for each applicant" Is this saying that he should bring $335x2 PLUS $45X2 or $335 plus $45 each for himself and his 5 Y/O child.

I called USCIS and they were as useless as T1Ts on a Bull. Thanks for your response.

I would assume it's $335 x 2 plus $45 x 2, but the only people who can clarify are the Embassy themselves....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MyDestiny- Thanks...for the response. My fiance is stressing out. He has tried to call them this morning and the phone lines are tied up. So he's calling me complain about how the call isn't going through. Not to mention that he still has not received Packet 3. So I will be calling the embassy today...and begging them to please let him pick them up. Packet 4 was sent out on the 27th but he hasn't received it.

If you getting married at the justice of peace, does a witness need to come along?

Donna's Certificate of No Impediment took about one and one half weeks to come through the mail to her house (Spanish Town to Kingston).

Hey Jay;

Can you tell me the procedure you have to go through to get the No Impediment and the cost of the document?

I talked with Donna last night. She told me that the No Impediment was $5500 JD. He will need his birth certificate. Donna also took her passport which they did not ask to see. Donna went to the general registra's office in Spanish Town. She said the gate opens at 6am for people to get a ticket. She was there at 8am and her ticket number was a little over a hundred. So, getting there early will save a lot of waiting time.

Thank you very much for that information Jay. I wish you all the best on the rest of your journey.

Claire

Jay;

I don't think I am going to need the Cert of Impediment because Michael was previously married and has his divorce decree. That should be proof enough that he is single and free to marry me. Thanks for the infor though. It was kinda puzzling me--not knowing what the Cert was for. I went to the RGJa site and saw the explanation.

Luv

Claire

No, that is incorrect. Even with the divorce decree, he will need a current non-impediment form.

For all the "newbies".... please put this information in a word document or file in you email, that will help you and/or others that are going through the process. Also keep in mind that some of my information may have changed since I went through the process over a year ago.

Pertains to K1 Visas (without bringing any children here) - before sending your paperwork, make 2 copies of everything.

Suggestion for sending packet and/or interview -- put everything into binder and use ACCO fasteners. Have cover pages separating the different types of evidence and tabs at the bottom of the pages to flip between the different sections.

For the I-129F

-One paragraph of how we met. The actual date that we met, where and then the other times, dates and location (hotel) that we've seen and spent time together.

-USC letter of intent -typed (just use the sample off of the VJ website) http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

INTERVIEW LETTER

DS230 form - typed

--1 year of tax returns/transcripts (I needed 3 yrs) w/ W2s or 1099's (if self employed)

--Employment letter(s)

--Pay stubs

Medical Examination-completed no paperwork to take to interview, Embassy should have file

-Then all of your proof of your relationship. Letters, cards, Invoices/receipts from hotels, airplanes, phone bills, txt msgs, emails. Pictures. I personally had 5 pages of photos, I just made copies from my home copier/scanner onto photo paper I bought from Walmart.

Fiance's passport - valid for at least 6 months from the time the visa will be issued

6 Passport photos - (I had made a copy on my printer -scanned- and sent him 12 pictures)

Police certificate from Kingston - valid for 1 year. The police certificate is 1,000 JMD for return in 3 weeks and 2,500 JMD for return in 3 days.

No Impediment Form- Received from LOCAL Registrar Generals office (certificate of singleness). Cost is approximately $105.00 US -- $5500 JA. Can take up to a month to receive it back, depending on the Local Office.

Beginning December 1, 2005, the Immigrant Visa Unit of the Consular Section of the United States Embassy will require all Jamaica-resident applicants for immigrant visas who are aged 18 years of age and older and are in categories requiring them to be unmarried to obtain a Certificate of No-Impediment to Marriage. This new requirement will affect applicants in the IR2, IR3, IR4, F11, F22, and F24 categories who are aged 18 or older. It will also affect all Jamaica-resident children aged 18 and older who will be accompanying an immigrant visa applicant. Applicants should apply for a Certificate of No-Impediment to Marriage at any office of the Registrar General’s Department or on the Registrar General’s Department website. Applicants may find further information about this document and the form for requesting it at http://www.rgd.gov.jm.

Medical Examination -completed no paperwork to take to interview, Embassy should have file. Can't go to the medical exam withOUT the Interview letter. Make sure that you get a copy of the DS2032 (Vaccination supplement form) which is given to him/her at the medical exam. YOU MUST bring the following to your medical: 4 Passport Photos, Completed Medical History Form, Passport, Any Immunization Records Showing Prior Vaccinations and Your Appointment Letter (from the Embassy - "Packet #4")

--Non-immigrant visa application fee of $100 U.S. dollars must be paid in the amount of J$6,300 at any Paymaster Jamaica Limited branch. The fee does not have to be paid the day of the interview, we got ours 2 days prior. Paymaster locations --http://www.paymaster-online.com/locations.html

FOR K-1: A letter containing your scheduled interview date. You MUST bring this letter with you to your interview. They WILL NOT let you in the Embassy without it. Also bring Original birth certificates, and originals of any documents to support the I-134 fall into this category. They have the right to ask for the original of any document (and keep it).

KingstonIVInfo@state.gov

forwarded to the new location beginning December13,2006... the new primary telephone number for the U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica will be:

For the Interview in Kingston. I is HIIIIIGHLY recommended that the USC attend !!! They will interview separately. For those that have been since the "new" place opened, please jump in here about what to possibly expect.

Since fiance(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to BCIS when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

If approved after the interview, you go to Airpak and that process is taking anywhere from 14 days to a month --depends on how busy they are? I would not recommend scheduling a flight because of the cost to make changes if the VISA is not to him/her in time. Airpak has pick up locations island wide, MoBay, Ochi, Town, Negril, Sav...click the link for more info http://www.airpakexpress.com/island.htm

The visa must be used within 6 months of being issued. The fiance(e) is allowed to enter the US once with the visa, with the purpose of getting married, which must happen within 90 days. The fiance(e) is not allowed to travel freely into and out of the US with the visa.

I would highly recommend trying to closest to the 90th day to get married ---it is a HUGE adjustment process.

Next step, AOS. Apply SS #, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61575 --Civil Surgeons

I hope this information helps. Some things change, but 99% of this information remains the same.

WOW girl, you really have it all together. I printed this info out so that I can refer to it when I start my journey next year. This is really some awesome stuff. Thanks a million for that post.

Big Up

Claire

Hey Girl;

I see that you highly recommend the USC attend the interview. What if you can't? My job works on a schedule that is prepared on an 8-weeks basis and any request for time-off has to be submitted at least 4-weeks before the schedule is posted. Is it detrimental if you possibly can't attend? What if you submit all the required info and proof of relationship? I am beginning to panic (I tend to have an over-active imagination) even though I have not yet filed. :wacko: LOL :blush:

ADVICE?

I did not attend the interview. Everything went just fine.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For the I-129F

INTERVIEW LETTER

DS230 form - typed

--Employment letter(s)

--Pay stubs

KingstonIVInfo@state.gov

Big Up

Claire

Hey Girl;

ADVICE?

Timeline

Hey Girl;

ADVICE?

From my own experience (with an age difference and that I am caucasian), they tend to give us USC's a reeeeeally hard time. It is the best proof of an ongoing relationship you being there. Yes, some didn't attend the interview and they made it without any problems, but the Embassy is getting more strict (which they should) about "proof".

Someone on here recently just had that same issue, don't remember who it was ....and I don't know what the outcome was because he/she hasn't posted anything more about the blue slip they received for "more proof".

According to your timeline, you guys haven't known each other to long. If he attends the interview by himself they'll most likely ask the most bizarre questions and try to trick him as MUCH as possible. So...........he just has to be reeeeeally really prepared and if you're not there, it's NERVE RACKING and when the person gets interviewed, it's like a MAJOR exam/test.........you completely forget things when asked and the Interview person will see that as "oops....need more proof since you don't know the answers !!"

Just a recommendation, not a requirement...........

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

From my own experience (with an age difference and that I am caucasian), they tend to give us USC's a reeeeeally hard time. It is the best proof of an ongoing relationship you being there. Yes, some didn't attend the interview and they made it without any problems, but the Embassy is getting more strict (which they should) about "proof".

Someone on here recently just had that same issue, don't remember who it was ....and I don't know what the outcome was because he/she hasn't posted anything more about the blue slip they received for "more proof".

According to your timeline, you guys haven't known each other to long. If he attends the interview by himself they'll most likely ask the most bizarre questions and try to trick him as MUCH as possible. So...........he just has to be reeeeeally really prepared and if you're not there, it's NERVE RACKING and when the person gets interviewed, it's like a MAJOR exam/test.........you completely forget things when asked and the Interview person will see that as "oops....need more proof since you don't know the answers !!"

Just a recommendation, not a requirement...........

Again, we have an age difference and I am caucasian and we had no issues. I did send him with so many things there was doubt we had a legitimate relationship, including scrapbooks of my 14 visits to see him. I think it really depends on what you can prove and what you leave up to the imagination. If there are questions or doubts, they will likely require you to come along.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I'm planning on going to the wine festival. I've gone every year for the last three years.

We're all going on Saturday. Will you be there that day? If you're going on Saturday, when the time we'll exchange numbers so that we can all meet up with each other.

A bunch of us (a bus full) used to go every year (for the past 8-9? yrs) when Jahworks played, but they haven't played in the past 3 yrs, so we all stopped going cause the music was just so-so. Me and Craig went last year and it just wasn't the same. I'm gonna to try to round up some folk and see if anyone wants to hang.

Have you ever been to a Jahworks show? They are playing at Nottinghams in Columbia. That's a cool venue.

We're all going on Saturday. Will you be there that day? If you're going on Saturday, when the time we'll exchange numbers so that we can all meet up with each other.

A bunch of us (a bus full) used to go every year (for the past 8-9? yrs) when Jahworks played, but they haven't played in the past 3 yrs, so we all stopped going cause the music was just so-so. Me and Craig went last year and it just wasn't the same. I'm gonna to try to round up some folk and see if anyone wants to hang.

Have you ever been to a Jahworks show? They are playing at Nottinghams in Columbia. That's a cool venue.

I've never been to a Jahworks show. Hmm, I've never heard of Nottinghams. You're always on top of the events.

Yes, we should definitely meet up at the festival.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Again, we have an age difference and I am caucasian and we had no issues. I did send him with so many things there was doubt we had a legitimate relationship, including scrapbooks of my 14 visits to see him. I think it really depends on what you can prove and what you leave up to the imagination. If there are questions or doubts, they will likely require you to come along.

I didn't attend, but did send a 5+ pound binder down full of copies of emails, emailed text messages, photos, plane ticket itineraries, cards sent to one another, letters, $10,000 worth of phone bills and calling card receipts over the course of our relationship (crazy I know) - I seriously went overboard with our proof. And I included a color coded table of contents and the dividers for each section matched the color code for easy access to what was needed by both fiance and interviewer. We were approved (once hubby got updated copy of his birth cert) with absolutely no problems at all :thumbs:

It really depends on the interviewer. If they have any reason to doubt your relationship then they may request more evidence. I know of US citizens that flew to Kingston for the interview and still got denied.

Be as prepared as you can and make sure to dot the I's and cross the T's.

GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON EVERYONE

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We'll be in Baltimore July 14 for the Caribbean parade/carnival. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up. It's not as big as the other cities but it's a lot of fun and lots of Jamaicans will be there representing their flags.

Timeline

I've never been to a Jahworks show. Hmm, I've never heard of Nottinghams. You're always on top of the events.

Yes, we should definitely meet up at the festival.

We get to the festival right at opening and get a good space (down by the stage, near the trees to the right).

Nottinghams is in Columbia, it's a cool venue. I laugh...my friends call me "Julie the cruise director" cause I'm always trying to get everyone together for outings and hanging out and having good times..................life is just way to short !!

There's another show July 15th ...the 1st Annual outdoor Reggae Day at Anne Arundel County Fair Ground.... go to

http://www.jamaicapromotion.com

PM me your email address and I can add you to the list....if ya want.

We'll be in Baltimore July 14 for the Caribbean parade/carnival. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up. It's not as big as the other cities but it's a lot of fun and lots of Jamaicans will be there representing their flags.

Do you have a link to this? Where does it take place? I don't have anything going on this Saturday...

Timeline

Okay, I just found some info about it..... are you belly dancin in it ? Or are you guys going for just pleasure? Maybe this time we can meet up ?? ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I didn't attend, but did send a 5+ pound binder down full of copies of emails, emailed text messages, photos, plane ticket itineraries, cards sent to one another, letters, $10,000 worth of phone bills and calling card receipts over the course of our relationship (crazy I know) - I seriously went overboard with our proof. And I included a color coded table of contents and the dividers for each section matched the color code for easy access to what was needed by both fiance and interviewer. We were approved (once hubby got updated copy of his birth cert) with absolutely no problems at all :thumbs:

It really depends on the interviewer. If they have any reason to doubt your relationship then they may request more evidence. I know of US citizens that flew to Kingston for the interview and still got denied.

Be as prepared as you can and make sure to dot the I's and cross the T's.

GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON EVERYONE

Yeah, that is the same thing I plan on doing. and by the grace of God will be together soon

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.