Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question about an item in the packet 3 info that nannygirl82 posted this past Wednesday. I am divorced. Does the embassy require a certified copy of that marriage certificate in addition to the certified divorce decree? Why would they need both? Do I need to get back up to the courthouse for a certified marriage certificate?

hhhmmm i am not sure...i know some people on here have been divorced as well so i am sure they can give you a better answer...but i would think they would just need the divorce decree to make sure it is over so you can marry again....but again i am not sure...maybe ask in the K-1 section someone might know there as well

I remember someone saying the previous marrage cert is required at the KNG Embassy (I think it was Texas Bound or maybe not). I'm not completely sure try doing a search on this thread. I dont' think the other K1 forum would help you at this point since you're dealing w/the Embassy. Every Consulate has different standards and requirements.

i did some searching and it looks like other embassys required both...so i would say it is safe then to be sorry and i would take both just incase they ask for it!!!! and i am sure if you post this in either the k-1 section or the embassy section other people would say the same!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question about an item in the packet 3 info that nannygirl82 posted this past Wednesday. I am divorced. Does the embassy require a certified copy of that marriage certificate in addition to the certified divorce decree? Why would they need both? Do I need to get back up to the courthouse for a certified marriage certificate?

hhhmmm i am not sure...i know some people on here have been divorced as well so i am sure they can give you a better answer...but i would think they would just need the divorce decree to make sure it is over so you can marry again....but again i am not sure...maybe ask in the K-1 section someone might know there as well

I remember someone saying the previous marrage cert is required at the KNG Embassy (I think it was Texas Bound or maybe not). I'm not completely sure try doing a search on this thread. I dont' think the other K1 forum would help you at this point since you're dealing w/the Embassy. Every Consulate has different standards and requirements.

i did some searching and it looks like other embassys required both...so i would say it is safe then to be sorry and i would take both just incase they ask for it!!!! and i am sure if you post this in either the k-1 section or the embassy section other people would say the same!

Thank you for searching. I knew I would have to come up with this document. The visa journey is an endless paper trail. I am willing to go through this and much more to have my fiancee here with me. Over preparing is a good rule to follow before an interview.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you for searching. I knew I would have to come up with this document. The visa journey is an endless paper trail. I am willing to go through this and much more to have my fiancee here with me. Over preparing is a good rule to follow before an interview.

yes that is very true!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi yardies!! We are having a great weekend. Dwain drove today and he is a really good driver. He is trying to memorize the streets. He figured out his surprise party. He kept asking Jason when he was going to get to see him and Jason kept saying he was to busy. He knew something was instantly up so he asked what was going on. Everything is good so far. He just misses his barber and hair hairstyles. He is thinking about shaving his head. We found someone in our town but he thinks 35 dollars is a little to much. I told him not to get it done every week maybe every other week. He called the barber back home to ask what shears he uses and we found them online so we will call the company on Monday. We had one of his Elmhurst college friends stop by today and we played board games. Dwain wants to build a dominoes table. He was already talking about getting a part time job anywhere like Dairy Queen. I told him we could find something better and he said it was not a dream job but he could have a part time job because he starts school in the fall.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

You have to get married before you file for AOS! I don't think you can pull it off that quickly!

We were planning to get married the weekend after I get there anyway, I need to get on his insurance ASAP, and they require you to be married first lol....Have an appointment on the 30th with an Oby/Gyn and need to be insured by then....

I've juat downloaded the forms, will have them all filled out and ready by the time I get there, if the worst comes to the worst, they can keep sending me RFEs!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Hi yardies!! We are having a great weekend. Dwain drove today and he is a really good driver. He is trying to memorize the streets. He figured out his surprise party. He kept asking Jason when he was going to get to see him and Jason kept saying he was to busy. He knew something was instantly up so he asked what was going on. Everything is good so far. He just misses his barber and hair hairstyles. He is thinking about shaving his head. We found someone in our town but he thinks 35 dollars is a little to much. I told him not to get it done every week maybe every other week. He called the barber back home to ask what shears he uses and we found them online so we will call the company on Monday. We had one of his Elmhurst college friends stop by today and we played board games. Dwain wants to build a dominoes table. He was already talking about getting a part time job anywhere like Dairy Queen. I told him we could find something better and he said it was not a dream job but he could have a part time job because he starts school in the fall.

Fantastic that he's driving already, that means he'll be able to have some independence!!

Pity about his hair, must have taken him a while to grow it and then to have to cut it off sucks :(

I feel the same about a part time job, just want ANYTHING to be working and being able to give SOMETHING!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Hi yardies!! We are having a great weekend. Dwain drove today and he is a really good driver.

That's great! Does it seem like a dream that he's actually here now? I know it did for me when Tony first got here. If he's a really good driver, he must be the exception :lol: Tony still scares me and he's been driving here for about 2 years now!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

We were planning to get married the weekend after I get there anyway....

I've juat downloaded the forms, will have them all filled out and ready by the time I get there, if the worst comes to the worst, they can keep sending me RFEs!!

It may work! I know they tell you to send the "certified" marriage certificate but we didn't. We sent the one our pastor gave us right after the ceremony and it was not a problem. No RFE or anything. Are you applying for the AP and EAD as well?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi yardies!! We are having a great weekend. Dwain drove today and he is a really good driver.

That's great! Does it seem like a dream that he's actually here now? I know it did for me when Tony first got here. If he's a really good driver, he must be the exception :lol: Tony still scares me and he's been driving here for about 2 years now!

Yes its surreal. He needs his independence so we are planning on a car at the end of August right before he goes to school. He wants to be on the soccer team so it will be tough with one car. He eww and ahhs over how Americans have nice cars. He played soccer with my best friends husband last night and Cody said oh boy he is kicking my butt. Anyways its fun so far. I think going to work also gives us some space and were we live he can walk to all the shops and he doesn't understand how our friends spent 6 hours in Walmart. He said wife swap is a werid show who the hell would swap their wife. He wouldn't swap any day :lol: .

Right now I am trying to figure out how we can keep his hair. It will probably need to be shaved in 5 years when he graduates because he has decided to study music ed :dance: . This is great compared to a police officer. Fewww.

Anyways I rambling . So Everyone have a wonderful Sunday :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning VJ family. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Damien and I went to see Capleton last night....it was a nice concert. Gyptian is coming in two weeks.

Jax - Damien has hair also. It took forever to find someone to cornrow his hair to his standards but no one will ever compare to his hairstylist in JA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Damien and I went to see Capleton last night....it was a nice concert. Gyptian is coming in two weeks.

Jax - Damien has hair also. It took forever to find someone to cornrow his hair to his standards but no one will ever compare to his hairstylist in JA.

gyptian is coming! man i'd take a road trip to go see him. he's one of my favorite artists. i've noticed that capleton doesn't get a lot of love when he performs. he was the last performer at sumfest the year before last and everyone left during his performance. and last year everyone was walking around and talking. my fiance says this happens because he teaches too much. i hope he got a better reception where you were sjb.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

gyptian is coming! man i'd take a road trip to go see him. he's one of my favorite artists. i've noticed that capleton doesn't get a lot of love when he performs. he was the last performer at sumfest the year before last and everyone left during his performance. and last year everyone was walking around and talking. my fiance says this happens because he teaches too much. i hope he got a better reception where you were sjb.

I love Gyptian. Damien said his performance was good at the Sumfest last summer.

We didn't plan on seeing Capleton last night. One of my friends gave me a free ticket and Damien decided to go at the last minute. We both enjoyed his performance...we were surprised.

Still dying to hear about your trip!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Not sure what everyone else's reasons are, but I don't mind his music, but what turns me off is his lack of integrity...Shouldn't really affect how I feel about him as an entertainer, but for whatever reason it does...

Years ago, he was well up there in the 'slackness' stakes, but then suddenly 'repented' and proceeded to 'bun out' everyone for singing slackness....

Everytime I see him on stage and see him perform, I just see him as a fraud....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.