• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Shauna!!! :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Checked about the phone with Dwain. He had heard about it. He said no his mom would call to much :lol: . We need it she talks to me every Sunday for 2 hours. She loves to talk. :whistle: Plus with her husband dying recently and her daughter moved to another island. She is left all alone with only her mom who she really doesn't talk to. So she has lost everyone in a year time. When we get some money maybe she could get one. Wondering if they sell them in MoBay.

Dwains out with his friends tonight watching Pirates of the Carribbean. I guess this is his party before he arrives on Thursday. I pray it doesn't rain tommorrow so he can move his items to his moms. She lives on a horrible road in the country.

guess what...mike got his work permit today :dance::dance::dance:

he is like a changed man

That is so awesome! Congrats to you both! :thumbs:

how did you get a heart already??? :o

First heart = 1000 posts

Some one chats way too much :lol: That's B)

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

To me it is not werid being married. I wasn't even nervous. We had been through so much over the years it was about dang time. He wasn't nervous either. We goes had the best wedding every and super fun. This Christmas he came to me and said you know what's werid we are the only married ones here with the same last name. In the house he lives in with 5 other people. Hopefully soon we will add a child and be one of the blessed family. Counting our blessings.

When he walks out of the doors at OHare international maybe it will really hit me this Thursday night. The time sure flys fast after the interview. He won't know what to do not sharing a bathroom with 5 other housemates. Having his own and not having to wait. It is going to be really quiet here. The best part is that we have barbeques at my girlfriends house almost every Saturday in the summer and blast our music. The neigboorhood stares at us but were sure haven fun.

I have 24 people invited to his suprise party on Sunday with the American food he wanted to try. Lou Malnaties pizza and Lasagna. So it should be fun.

His plan is to go to college full time this fall so he sure should be busy. He wants to try out for the soccer team and do some volunter work around town. I advised him to work at the college so he can have some of his own spending money. My aunt is giving the college placement test so he is excited he will know someone at school. :whistle:

I am kinda happy and ready for this next part of the adventure in the journey!! Being together at last.

Know I need to go look up places for him to get his hair done. I have no clue about braid cornrolls. We have talked about the shaving thing. We will see what he does with that. Maybe we should invest in a razor. hmmm

:)

Wow! Congrats on Dwain's upcoming arrival! :dance: I know that it has been a long time for you! I am so happy for you! :thumbs:

Thanks Girl!!! :star:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Has anyone heard of these new phones or phone cards (I am unclear on which it is exactly) floating around Jamaica? Two of Andre's friends and his mother called us over the weekend harping about these phones (maybe phone cards?) they pay $1,000JA a month for and they can make unlimited phone calls EVER international LD phone calls. Since they called us and chatted forever (something they never do), I am guessing they aren't lying.

Ask your S/O's to ask around about these. Wish I had had the opportunity when I needed it.

Its called MegaPhone and its been around for a minute, but they sell like hotcakes and are sometimes hard to get.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hello All! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I was reading that the fees increase goes into effect on July 30. I know that some of the vets are going to be applying to remove conditions soon and just wanted to give them a heads up that if they can file before then to do it because the fee goes from $275 to $545 :help: So if you can get it in before July 30 that would be a good break for you. That goes for all the other processes and forms as well. If you are going to be filing soon get them in before July 30 :yes:

No use stressing and worrying about the cost of everything as you HAVE to pay it but if you can get it in at the lower price why not? :thumbs:

Fee Increase

Oh great! and my wedding is 3 weeks after this! There are always trials and tribulations in our relationship. I guess we're gonna have to turn this one into another testimony. :dance:

Timeline
I have a question - are your husbands or wives Seventh Day Adventist? or raised in a Seventh Day Adventist church?

No, I'm sorry...knew ppl that were

Just wondering. Damien's mother said most Christians in Jamicans are raised in Seventh Day Adventist church.

I wore jewerly to church and everyone looked at me like I was an alien.

There are many rules at churches in Jamaica. Like at my SO's church which is Assembly of God.....the women have to keep their hair covered when in church and they cannot speak or lead the sermons on church. You can wear hats or scarves or what not, just something on the head. Its also very quiet in church.....something I am not at all used to. I go to a jump and jive church and his is in no way like this. I have a lot of stuff to get used to when it comes to being this mans wife.

You I forgot the name of it, but i'll try to find out for you...it worked like a charm once you feel nausea coming on u take one and BAM :) gone

Yes please, let me know what they are!!!!

It is actually a phone..it's called the MEGA PHONE you pay $1000 JA/month and calls are unlimited...it's only sometimes you can't get connected..but it's worth it

Man, I wish they would have had something like that when Tony was still in JA and we were talking 6 times a day EVERY day :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Just wondering. Damien's mother said most Christians in Jamicans are raised in Seventh Day Adventist church.

:o No jewelry in church?!!!! I've never heard of that before. I'll have to ask Tony about that religion. I've heard him mention it, but I don't know anything about it.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Know I need to go look up places for him to get his hair done. I have no clue about braid cornrolls. We have talked about the shaving thing. We will see what he does with that. Maybe we should invest in a razor. hmmm

:no::lol: They're cornrows silly!! LMAO at cornrolls :lol: We had the same problem when Tony came here. All the salons/hair places were charging a fortune to braid - and he's used to getting it done EVERY week! So we spent a small fortune to get them done for our wedding then he had me shave his entire head :o It actually looked good bald!! He was telling everyone he pissed me off so I shaved his head in his sleep! :devil: It's all grown back now and we found a friend of a friend who braids on the side - she just does it at her house. We've actually found a few of those around - start asking around now, it may take awhile. I think he pays $20 - which is still high considering in JA he only had to pay $5!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Went to my interview this morning at 8am.

Could hardly sleep last night.

But I was APPROVED :dance: :dance: :dance:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

I have a question - are your husbands or wives Seventh Day Adventist? or raised in a Seventh Day Adventist church?

No, I'm sorry...knew ppl that were

I would be EXTREMELY suprised if that were true!!!

I know a good few people that are, but most of the people that I know are not Seventh Day Adventists

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.