Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

jengles, so since your fiance sent his paperwork via courier, does he still have to wait for packet 4 to arrive snail mail?

i left a complete binder with all of the paperwork he needs. all of the papers needed at the embassy are ready to go.

my fiance still has to go to kingston to get his police certificate so i figured it'd be just as easy for him to drop off the ds-230 and go to the police station on the same day. i really need to visit the embassy website and see what's up.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

came back from JA last night,

question - does anyone have a june interview??

Hubby sent the ds-230 by courier on Monday to the embassy, I called the embassy on Friday to confirm that they recieved the form and they said yes they got it. So I start asking about the interview date. and my girl says call back the end of JULY to see if the mailed him out the interview packet, I'm like what?????? she says there is a delay because they are not giving any interviews during the month of June and they are not giving out any interview dates right now. I almost fell off my chair.

Can they just stop giving interviews? To me a package sent by the end of July equals a September interview date. So not happy with that!

holy #######! that's completely nuts! i sure hope she has her info wrong. i know that jlvr's fiance has a june interview date. we just got noa2 a few weeks ago and i'm so eager to get the file sent to the embassy. the nvc said that it ought to be sent off within the week. i'm still a bit confused about what's next though.

so when the embassy gives my fiance the appointment to drop off the ds-230, is that when he also picks up packet 4? when is the interview appointment scheduled? why cant he just he do it all in one shot? that would just make everything too simple huh? lol

sarah, i'm so glad you got noa2. how cool that you got it on your birthday!

Yeah, me and finesse are on the same day. Wow, I hope that's not correct.

I wonder if what was heard on the radio about not giving visas until June was referring to other visas? Isn't there a certain limit to the number of visas that are allowed each year? I don't know if it applies in K1 or K3 situations, but each country has a limit.

On another note:

I went to the store yesterday and picked up a file folder for the interview. It's a cute one, too. I was loading it up last night, labeling the sections. I started to get really nervous. Just looking at all of the documents, all of my information, all of the time that I've spent on this. Just got a flash of how big this is. When did you guys start realizing what a huge deal this is, this preparation for marriage and life with someone?

I had the same revelation when I put my binder together......like this sh*t is no joke...it is a serious deal. When I went to JA at the end of April I took my massive binder to my SO and we went through everything together. I'm not able to go to the interview and I know at this point it is out of my hands..I'm not fretting about it (YET) because what is to be must be..........have faith and all will be well.....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yes he still has to wait for packet 4 to arrive by snail mail, can someone please tell me what was in packet 3 besides the ds-230. The woman at the embassy said the only thing in packet 3 was the ds-230.

I took a binder down with me with some stuff in there, but held off on putting in the finanical information since

I wasn't sure when the interview date was and I figured they would want recent bank statements. I told him I would fax that stuff down when we knew when the date was.

What is a no impediment form?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

I had the same revelation when I put my binder together......like this sh*t is no joke...it is a serious deal. When I went to JA at the end of April I took my massive binder to my SO and we went through everything together. I'm not able to go to the interview and I know at this point it is out of my hands..I'm not fretting about it (YET) because what is to be must be..........have faith and all will be well.....

Yeah, that's why I'm putting it all together, to take it with me when I go down there. I guess we'll find some time to go over the material in between all of our other activities. :whistle:

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

yes he still has to wait for packet 4 to arrive by snail mail, can someone please tell me what was in packet 3 besides the ds-230. The woman at the embassy said the only thing in packet 3 was the ds-230.

I took a binder down with me with some stuff in there, but held off on putting in the finanical information since

I wasn't sure when the interview date was and I figured they would want recent bank statements. I told him I would fax that stuff down when we knew when the date was.

What is a no impediment form?

I'm not sure what was in packet 3 for my fiance. But initially, no form is needed other than the DS230. Your fiance has to hand that in to the embassy before they will schedule his interview. I don't know how they do it regularly, but my fiance got a phone call from the embassy with an appointment to pick up packet 3. I had the DS230 all ready and I sent it to him so when he was supposed to be picking up packet 3, he dropped off the DS230.

After that you need to have

1. DS-156, which you can only do online because you need a barcode on it.

2. DS-156K

3. DS-157

4. I-134 with supporting documents

Those are the forms that you can download and if I can find the link to the correct ones I'll put it in.

He will also need to get

5. Police certificate

6. No Impediment Certificate - he can get this from the Registrar General in Spanish Town

7. hi passport and birth certificate if he doesn't already have them

8. birth certificates for all of his children if he has any

9. passport photos, I think 6. He'll need some for the medical

10. medical appointment. He can schedule it when you know the interview date

I'm sure I've forgotten some things, so someone fill in what I'm missing.

They scheduled his interview soon after that. I emailed the embassy to find out his interview date.

Link to forms to download

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good to see everyone is doing well and still hanging in there. It hets so hectic sometimes I just have enough time to read the messages and move on.

So ladies (and guys if there are any on here ) I have a question. Most of you who know me know that I am familiar with the K-1 process so when my friends ask, that is all I can advise them on. Well a good friend of mine has this notion that the process would be easier if she got marraid and she has planned her wedding in JA for July 8th. The problem is that they have known each other for 2 years and have all the evidence needed for a fiance visa, but I am not sure what evidence is required for the K-3 visa . In a nut shell, whet will be her options for bringing her spouse to the US following the wedding in August. She wants this accomplished in a year max and not sure what her options are and what evidence she would need for the embassy. I told her if time is an issue, the K-1 would have been her best bet. But after the fortune she has spent on the wedding, I guess I should let her do her own thing. Any advice, cause I am reading the guides on this site and I am not sure they are making sense to me.

She has a few options

She can go through with the wedding but not complete the paperwork and file for a K1. I have heard this can be risky in that if the Embassy believes they are legally married it will result in them having to refile as K3.

As for filing for a K3, the photos of the wedding are the only real difference between the requirements of proof for a K3 compared to a K1.

She will need airline ticket receipts, cards, letter, phone bills, etc.

The only way for that to work is to make sure the couple DOES NOT SIGN the marriage cert. If not it will show up later.

The K3/CR1 is not that bad. Honestly, I think it's the best visa by far esp with the rates going up in June. Even w/the I-130 it's still only going up to $355 vs 905 for I-129f.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Yeah, me and finesse are on the same day. Wow, I hope that's not correct.

I wonder if what was heard on the radio about not giving visas until June was referring to other visas? Isn't there a certain limit to the number of visas that are allowed each year? I don't know if it applies in K1 or K3 situations, but each country has a limit.

On another note:

I went to the store yesterday and picked up a file folder for the interview. It's a cute one, too. I was loading it up last night, labeling the sections. I started to get really nervous. Just looking at all of the documents, all of my information, all of the time that I've spent on this. Just got a flash of how big this is. When did you guys start realizing what a huge deal this is, this preparation for marriage and life with someone?

Just last night I started having a breakdown with the ideas of how serious this is. I am getting married! That's it kuput, the end...of the beginning! I just started getting scared about him being here and starting a life together and all the struggles we will undoubtably face and I just broke down! I'm gonna be somebody's WIFE? What is that?! Whats good though is that we are able to openly talk about these things and he helps to keep me grounded. He reminded me to put my focus and faith to God and trust that he will help us through our lifes journey. I know that I can not get through this without God and HE has been my main companion in it all. When I feel lost in all of this I know that I am getting further from God and I need to bring it all back to Him and then it all begins to make sense to me again.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Hey Yardie Fam!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Memorial day. :luv:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, that's why I'm putting it all together, to take it with me when I go down there. I guess we'll find some time to go over the material in between all of our other activities. :whistle:

I was just wondering how the Ds230 was delivered to the embassy, was it dropped off or mailed? I am preparing to send the forms to Marlon tomorrow.

I know what ur feeling...I used to be the same was=y before my Doc gave me anti-nausea meds...don't drink orange juice for some reason it makes aeverything worse. But it will pass soon...

I can't drink orange juice anyways, because I have acid reflux and it doesn't agree with me! What anti-nausea meds were you taking? My doc gave me 6 pills to try but I'm afraid to because it says they cause dizziness and drowsiness :wacko::help:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Kimmy juss to let you know there are some things you can take to ensure a clean medical result.

My ex works for a company that does random drug tests, he was ordered to take one knowing he had smoked that day, so he went sick for 2 days and drank some stuff, took the test and was clear.

But was that a urine test or a blood test? It stays in the blood a lot longer than the urine, and the doctors at the medical WILL do a blood test to test for the ganja.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

So, for a K-1 visa we do not need to fill out Form DS-156? I plan on mailing the filled out DS-230 and sending it down to Kingston this week.

Yes, you will need the DS-156 along with the DS-156k, the DS-157, and the DS-230. Check out the FAQ on here regarding K-1 visas - I think it will tell you all the forms you need.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Hey Rhonda. I'm actually up at the same time you are. But by the time you see this I'll be zzzzzzzzzzzz.

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Hey Rhonda. I'm actually up at the same time you are. But by the time you see this I'll be zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Wow! What are you doing up so late??

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Wow! What are you doing up so late??

Trying to finish up stuff. I'm going to bed now, though. Good night.

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.