Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Oh, children following on a K1 have to file for AOS, also? Are they not included in the parent's AOS application?

Ok, if you include the kids on the K1 application, they have up to a year to follow the parent to the USA without paying fees or filing any additional paperwork.

What you'd do is when you get packet 3 from the Embassy you would specify they are following within a year. You would also need to send a I-134 for the child at the interview stage, child would also take the medical.

Now as for filing for AOS once they got to the States, I would ASSUME if the parent had already filed for AOS by the time the child got to the States, you'd have to send in another application for the child.

That's a question the AOS forum would probably know the answer to!!

I GOT APPROVED ON MY BIRTHDAY! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I just got the email now! OMG! Thank God and thank ALL of you! I had to call Marlon and he is super stoked too!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ummmm, what now? lol :wacko:

FutureMrs, WHAT a birthday present!!!

As for what now, I would get your fiance to start getting his stuff together like his criminal record, checking that he's up to date with his shots and getting his no impediment form....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, children following on a K1 have to file for AOS, also? Are they not included in the parent's AOS application?

Ok, if you include the kids on the K1 application, they have up to a year to follow the parent to the USA without paying fees or filing any additional paperwork.

What you'd do is when you get packet 3 from the Embassy you would specify they are following within a year. You would also need to send a I-134 for the child at the interview stage, child would also take the medical.

Now as for filing for AOS once they got to the States, I would ASSUME if the parent had already filed for AOS by the time the child got to the States, you'd have to send in another application for the child.

That's a question the AOS forum would probably know the answer to!!

I GOT APPROVED ON MY BIRTHDAY! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I just got the email now! OMG! Thank God and thank ALL of you! I had to call Marlon and he is super stoked too!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ummmm, what now? lol :wacko:

FutureMrs, WHAT a birthday present!!!

As for what now, I would get your fiance to start getting his stuff together like his criminal record, checking that he's up to date with his shots and getting his no impediment form....

YES!!!!! the criminal from and the no imprediment forms are a MUST!!!!! and he really should act on those ASAP because they can take a while to get...also does he have the new Birth Certificate the one with the seal on it...if not he needs it!!!! and that can take a while to get as well...like alienuk said about the shots have him check to make sure he has his vacination card...if not again he will need to order a new one!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am sooooo tired :dead: This pregnancy is kicking my butt :crying: I missed work yesterday because I was so nausous and sick - for the past 3-4 days :( I'm hoping and praying that this subsides after I'm done with my first trimester. All of you mothers out there, I need consoling!!!

I know what ur feeling...I used to be the same was=y before my Doc gave me anti-nausea meds...don't drink orange juice for some reason it makes aeverything worse. But it will pass soon...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How are your Jamaican hubbies coping with being away from home for Easter?

For the past 7 yrs, we (me and my son) have been in Jamaica for Easter/Spring Break. This is our (just me and Craig--my son is in Ohio with my parents visiting my brother etc)..... our First Easter together. We're just chilling out by ourselves, since we never get much quality time together, just the 2 of us.

Living here in our area --Ellicott City, Maryland....there's nothing but a few very small South African stores, but no Jamaican food, that I have found. I'm really going to have to check out that place on-line, Sams Market ? If someone has the website address again and post it, I would appreciate it. To drive into Baltimore or out to Silver Spring....???

Have a wonderful Easter holiday everyone!!

Kelly

There is a fairly new carribean market on liberty road in randallstown its pretty close to when you exit the beltway at 17 and will be on the left side. Sorry for the late reply! i am just reading all the thread from the start. :)

How are your Jamaican hubbies coping with being away from home for Easter?

For the past 7 yrs, we (me and my son) have been in Jamaica for Easter/Spring Break. This is our (just me and Craig--my son is in Ohio with my parents visiting my brother etc)..... our First Easter together. We're just chilling out by ourselves, since we never get much quality time together, just the 2 of us.

Living here in our area --Ellicott City, Maryland....there's nothing but a few very small South African stores, but no Jamaican food, that I have found. I'm really going to have to check out that place on-line, Sams Market ? If someone has the website address again and post it, I would appreciate it. To drive into Baltimore or out to Silver Spring....???

Have a wonderful Easter holiday everyone!!

Kelly

There is a fairly new carribean market on liberty road in randallstown its pretty close to when you exit the beltway at 17 and will be on the left side. Sorry for the late reply! i am just reading all the thread from the start. :)

CORRECTION!!! its on the right hand side

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Does my fiance pay the 100 dollars for the visa before the interview? Where does he go to do that? What paperwork does he need to take to pay? I'm assuming they will give him some kind of receipt...

I believe the Embassy sends him a slip to pay at Paymaster in Packet 4 before the interview, then he takes the receipt with him to the actual interview to prove he's paid :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline
Does my fiance pay the 100 dollars for the visa before the interview? Where does he go to do that? What paperwork does he need to take to pay? I'm assuming they will give him some kind of receipt...

I believe the Embassy sends him a slip to pay at Paymaster in Packet 4 before the interview, then he takes the receipt with him to the actual interview to prove he's paid :)

nope....actually he goes to the paymaster with the 100 bucks and the paymaster gives him a reciept that he has to take to the interview....he can go anytime to do this....and if they try telling him he needs to go online to set up a appt. tell him not to listen to them casue he already has a appt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good to see everyone is doing well and still hanging in there. It hets so hectic sometimes I just have enough time to read the messages and move on.

So ladies (and guys if there are any on here ) I have a question. Most of you who know me know that I am familiar with the K-1 process so when my friends ask, that is all I can advise them on. Well a good friend of mine has this notion that the process would be easier if she got marraid and she has planned her wedding in JA for July 8th. The problem is that they have known each other for 2 years and have all the evidence needed for a fiance visa, but I am not sure what evidence is required for the K-3 visa . In a nut shell, whet will be her options for bringing her spouse to the US following the wedding in August. She wants this accomplished in a year max and not sure what her options are and what evidence she would need for the embassy. I told her if time is an issue, the K-1 would have been her best bet. But after the fortune she has spent on the wedding, I guess I should let her do her own thing. Any advice, cause I am reading the guides on this site and I am not sure they are making sense to me.

Good to see everyone is doing well and still hanging in there. It hets so hectic sometimes I just have enough time to read the messages and move on.

So ladies (and guys if there are any on here ) I have a question. Most of you who know me know that I am familiar with the K-1 process so when my friends ask, that is all I can advise them on. Well a good friend of mine has this notion that the process would be easier if she got marraid and she has planned her wedding in JA for July 8th. The problem is that they have known each other for 2 years and have all the evidence needed for a fiance visa, but I am not sure what evidence is required for the K-3 visa . In a nut shell, whet will be her options for bringing her spouse to the US following the wedding in August. She wants this accomplished in a year max and not sure what her options are and what evidence she would need for the embassy. I told her if time is an issue, the K-1 would have been her best bet. But after the fortune she has spent on the wedding, I guess I should let her do her own thing. Any advice, cause I am reading the guides on this site and I am not sure they are making sense to me.

She has a few options

She can go through with the wedding but not complete the paperwork and file for a K1. I have heard this can be risky in that if the Embassy believes they are legally married it will result in them having to refile as K3.

As for filing for a K3, the photos of the wedding are the only real difference between the requirements of proof for a K3 compared to a K1.

She will need airline ticket receipts, cards, letter, phone bills, etc.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

She has a few options

She can go through with the wedding but not complete the paperwork and file for a K1. I have heard this can be risky in that if the Embassy believes they are legally married it will result in them having to refile as K3.

As for filing for a K3, the photos of the wedding are the only real difference between the requirements of proof for a K3 compared to a K1.

yes i agree...you need to remind her that i think only the k-1 will be effected with the price change....it is supposed to happen in June sometime....like you said if it is a time thing the k-1 would be her best chance...but i think jax got everything done pretty quickly less then a year...so you know i guess there is no real answer as far as time...

i guess you should as her does she want MORE paperwork after he gets here?? or does she want it all done and over with before he gets here.... hope that helps!!!

How are things going with you 2???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She has a few options

yes i agree...you need to remind her that i think only the k-1 will be effected with the price change....it is supposed to happen in June sometime....like you said if it is a time thing the k-1 would be her best chance...but i think jax got everything done pretty quickly less then a year...so you know i guess there is no real answer as far as time...

i guess you should as her does she want MORE paperwork after he gets here?? or does she want it all done and over with before he gets here.... hope that helps!!!

How are things going with you 2???

Three steps she do after the wedding and what her husband needs to sign and make copies of.

1. I-130

In our I-130 packet we sent some copy of pictures of us over the years, wedding pictures (ones with our families in the shot and us holding up the marriage certificate with the pastor), we sent a photo copy of marriage licenses (the one we got that day from the minster sending that in saved us 3 months), we sent photo copies of our birthcertificates, and photo copies of our biographical pages in our passports. She should have 2 copies of the G-325A forms for him to sign down there (so thats 8 pages), she should have the I-130 filled out and the I-129F filled out. When she gets home she sends the I-130 packet first. When she recieves the NOA1 recipet. Then she sends the I-129F (for k3) with a copy of the I-130 NOA1.

2. She needs him to sign the the DS 3032 (Choice of Agent) form also but dont date it (this can also be done by emailing NVC latter in the process). Make sure she brings a folder with all documents to sign and she will be okay. I would recommended coming back to the USA to file as soon as she can. I set up an appoitment with my senators repersentavie the day I got back to the USA.

3. She needs a copy of his biographical pages in his passport for the DS230. She needs him to sign part one but don't date it yet. She will need another part one and two for his interview.

What to do when her case goes to NVC!!

You can complete your NVC process by two and a half months to three months. So your case wil be forwarded to the Embassy from the NVC sometime. Use James Shortcuts.

First NVC will assign you a case number and in about 1-2 weeks after assigning the case number, they will generate DS 3032 and AOS Fee Bill. Send those only after NVC will generate those above. She can now get her paperwork going for the I-864. You can also get your W-2 of your last 3 years. You will need your most recent year's tax return, but you may send your last 3 years', if you want to. You don't need to notarize I-864. I just used the James' shortcut to generate the barcode level. We also took care of the DS 3032 (choice of agent) by email.

As the beneficiary, your husband will mail the NVC (NVCINQUIRY@state.gov) and ask NVC to appoint you as his choice of agent. He needs to write down the case number in the subject line. Plus he needs to write down the names, dates of birth of you and him. Also, he needs to provide your complete mailing address so that NVC can mail you all correspondence. There is no need to sign anything, he can just write his name at the end of the email.

REMEMBER one thing: He must email NVC about the choice of agent ONLY AFTER NVC will generate the DS 3032 (Choice of Agent). It takes about 7-14 days for NVC to generate it after you will be assigned a case number. He should also copy you this email so that you have one copy for your record and you will know that the mail is delivered. NVC will reply him with the acceptance of the choice of agent in about 2-10 days. He will not need to send the DS 3032 to NVC. The email will take care of the choice of agent. (call NVC a lot to check if they have a case number assigned to you)

Below is what your husband can write (just as an example) NVC:

Write down the case number in the subject line.

=====================================================

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, John Doe (date of birth: 01-02-75) is the beneficiary of the following case number: *************. My wife, Jane Doe (date of birth: 01-02-73) is the petitioner of this case.

I would like to appoint my wife, Jane Doe as my choice of agent. All future correspondence should be sent to her to the following address:

Name: Jane Doe

Address: 123 Main St

Chicago, IL 60123

I am also copying this email to her email address. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

John Doe

Jamaica

Have him send you the DS 230 part I with his signature. You can date it later on. He can keep Ds 230 part II with him. You will need to submit DS 230 part I and his passport biographical information pages to NVC. You can use James Short cuts to create your AOS FEE bill. It worked for us and saved us a week. Just make sure it was generated!!

Your Human Resources Department can write a letter for you and sign and date it. Show them the NVC letter that is asking for the letter from the Employer. Basically, it will say your current position, how long you have been with the curretn company, what is your current salary, few lines of your job description, and lastly the HR person would write that they can contact the HR, should there is any questions. The letter can be addressed to "National Visa Center, Department of State, NH" and "To whom It May Concern." This is for the I-864.

When your case is done at NVC it is forward to Kingston takes about a week. After your case has been in Kingston for 4 weeks. Start to call on the crazy Monday and Friday hours to see when your interview is.

Things to get police records and medical done with appoitment letter.

Go to the Forum NVC and look for Shortcut link this will help out your friend. I hope this makes sense. James Shortcuts saved us a month J .

If she needs anymore help along the way just pm me.

Jax

I am off to my nieces one year bday party yipee and at least it aint raining today :)!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,

came back from JA last night,

question - does anyone have a june interview??

Hubby sent the ds-230 by courier on Monday to the embassy, I called the embassy on Friday to confirm that they recieved the form and they said yes they got it. So I start asking about the interview date. and my girl says call back the end of JULY to see if the mailed him out the interview packet, I'm like what?????? she says there is a delay because they are not giving any interviews during the month of June and they are not giving out any interview dates right now. I almost fell off my chair.

Can they just stop giving interviews? To me a package sent by the end of July equals a September interview date. So not happy with that!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Rhonda...how are you feeling these days?

I still have morning/all day sickness. It comes and goes. I hate feeling nauseous :( I hope it gets better after the first trimester. Other than that, I'm just tired - of course I'm always tired with all my crazy work schedules and working 6 days a week!

there is no way they will adjust your schedule now that u are pregnant...try telling your doctor your work schedule and see if u can get a note,

my iron was low and once i started the iron pills within a week a had a lot more energy.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Hi everyone,

came back from JA last night,

question - does anyone have a june interview??

Hubby sent the ds-230 by courier on Monday to the embassy, I called the embassy on Friday to confirm that they recieved the form and they said yes they got it. So I start asking about the interview date. and my girl says call back the end of JULY to see if the mailed him out the interview packet, I'm like what?????? she says there is a delay because they are not giving any interviews during the month of June and they are not giving out any interview dates right now. I almost fell off my chair.

Can they just stop giving interviews? To me a package sent by the end of July equals a September interview date. So not happy with that!

if that was me i would be calling my senator's office on Tuesday and complaining to them....that just doesn't sound right to not be giving out interviews that long???nah that is not cool....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.