Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WTH????? I replied. Let me try it again.

You just made me spit Diet Pepsi all over my computer screen with your last comment. I really do miss you, Jilly. Need to try and get up there again soon. D-Rock's been asking here and there too.

LOL!!! Hopefully it didn't come out of your nose!

Just let me know when you and Jomo hitting the Chi again. I'll make sure I get the directions straight this time. Plus....its sounds like we'd have more JA/US in our link up this time around.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
thanks everyone guess i better get started

Hi Ms Nelly....

You a ChiTown gal too! I'm in Schaumburg! There are a quite a few from the Chicagoland area. Good luck with your journey. This site is great. Although my JA Man never made it up here (yet)....you're going to make some great connections here.

wow i am in palatine why ur guy never made it? and so far from what i read everyone seem real cool

We'll have to hit some places since you're so close. Anna/Nyseness is in Evanston and I don't get to see her much. But JamaicaDiva and I hook up a likkle bit.

My guy didn't make it b/c his visa got denied for testing positive for marijuana on his medical exam. Banned for 3 years.

sorry to hear that i wouldnt mind hooking up just lt me know when and where

Thanks! Everyting happens for a reason. Plus...the ban is up in April 2008....time flies when your having fun.

right april will be here before u know it

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: Timeline

Hi Ms Nelly....

You a ChiTown gal too! I'm in Schaumburg! There are a quite a few from the Chicagoland area. Good luck with your journey. This site is great. Although my JA Man never made it up here (yet)....you're going to make some great connections here.

wow i am in palatine why ur guy never made it? and so far from what i read everyone seem real cool

We'll have to hit some places since you're so close. Anna/Nyseness is in Evanston and I don't get to see her much. But JamaicaDiva and I hook up a likkle bit.

My guy didn't make it b/c his visa got denied for testing positive for marijuana on his medical exam. Banned for 3 years.

sorry to hear that i wouldnt mind hooking up just lt me know when and where

Thanks! Everyting happens for a reason. Plus...the ban is up in April 2008....time flies when your having fun.

right april will be here before u know it

so how often do u visit him

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ms Nelly....

I am from Huskie country the farthest western suburb there is from Chi town. Only if I can get my hubby out to these few Carribean events to meet up with people. He says he wants to take a break from his roots at first and enjoy what IL has to offer like deep dish pizza. Lordie Lordie :wacko: That is cool with me though!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hi Ms Nelly....

Hey just dipping in on your conversation, and I just wanted to say that I got so scared recently about the same thing my husband testing positive, so I rescheduled his interview date. I just didn't want to deal with traveling to jamaica for 3 more years I prefer to wait 3 mths for a reschedule. I must that VJ cause I didn't know that I could have gotten a reschedule thanks guys. But good time go by quickly and you can start again....good luck

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey just dipping in on your conversation, and I just wanted to say that I got so scared recently about the same thing my husband testing positive, so I rescheduled his interview date. I just didn't want to deal with traveling to jamaica for 3 more years I prefer to wait 3 mths for a reschedule. I must that VJ cause I didn't know that I could have gotten a reschedule thanks guys. But good time go by quickly and you can start again....good luck

I spoke to a consular officer who used to work in Kingston. She said it's up to the officer how long the ban should be. She used to tell people to come back in six months but they can ban you up to 10 years :o

And she said it's worse to admitting to smoking than testing positive :blink:

Timeline
bye guys

off to ja for a week.

i'm still at work because i'm waiting for doctors letter which states i have no complications so I can board the plane.

Safe travels.

Ditto :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I spoke to a consular officer who used to work in Kingston. She said it's up to the officer how long the ban should be. She used to tell people to come back in six months but they can ban you up to 10 years :o

And she said it's worse to admitting to smoking than testing positive :blink:

Wow ...I told him never to admit to anyone, nurses, doctors, interview no one..no matter how nice they seem...so with the help of God we will be rescheduled soon and we can start out life together :innocent:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey yardies! i've missed you guys all week. there's been a lot of good news here...anna thank GOD you finally got NOA2! ebony congrats on the visa and eric, i'm glad to hear that wifey is adjusting well.

Rhonda...how are you feeling these days?

I still have morning/all day sickness. It comes and goes. I hate feeling nauseous :( I hope it gets better after the first trimester. Other than that, I'm just tired - of course I'm always tired with all my crazy work schedules and working 6 days a week!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

You know, I never even considered a bicycle!! I love cycling, but American roads scare me, they are MUCH bigger than English or Jamaican ones, I'm even slightly apprehensive about CROSSING them!!

We got Tony a bike when he first got here. It helped out a LOT. He could at least get around a bit or run up the store by himself. Most places in the U.S. (in the city) have sidewalks that you can ride on - that way you won't get run over by a car or truck :blush: That's great that your mother-in-law offered to drive you around. That should help.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Question...

what would be a good gift for my friends new born baby? It's a little boy. I just have no idea what would be useful. I know that there are a couple of expecting mothering on the thread and I would like to know what they would like.

It depends. Did she have a baby shower? She might still have a registry for baby gifts that she wants. If not, you can always buy a cute little outfit. Can't go wrong there - you can never have enough clothes :no:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.