Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So far so good. It does not appear that she is missing Jamaica. She does want to go back in Dec for a visit, though I expect to go down for work in Aug/Sept 1-2 weeks and she wants to stay here.

She is having a bit of trouble with the accent, having to repeat herself often, so she make me do the talking when we are out shopping. What a turn around that is. In JA I'd hide so they didn't raise the price. :lol:

Her SS card came in Thursday, Friday a welcome to the US letter, and today the 10 year greencard.

Nothing more to do for 3 years. :dance::dance::dance:

It was only 16 days, but this was a blue sheet interview that was rescheduled. I'd guess you are looking at 2-3 months.
Actually $70 isn't bad for a Razr, one usually pays less because they sign up for a plan and the cell provider charges less than the real value of the phone to get your business. That is why they gave it to you for $25, they wanted your contract. Now they have it.

Unlocked Razr's are still going for $125 total cost on ebay.

:ot:

Anyone have T-Mobile? I have a razr (btw piece of ####### phone & waste of money) and it dropped into some water. Now it's completely dead and T-Mobile is telling me I have to pay $70 for my deductible (even thought I pay $6 a month for ins). I'm a little ticked off right now b/c $70 is WAY TOO MUCH for a razr. :angry: I bought my phone for $25 back in Nov. Is there anyway to get around this ins policy? I used to be w/Sprint and they had the same type of ins but I knew how to work them so I never paid a dime. :whistle:

Hey Eric how long did you have to wait when you rescheduled your wife's interview ?

het eric how are you guys managing with the adjustment period?

Congrats Eric :dance::dance:

My hubby said the same thing too he doesn't want to go back until Dec 08 :wacko:

He just picked up his visa today!! :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I know I'm late but I wanted to post. Javon and I have talked about the finances and we made some decisions. When the time is near I'm going to get a 2nd job so once he arrives we will be okay for a few months. We currently have a debit card now but it's used solely for ATM purposes instead of me sending it thru Western Union or Money gram. Once he arrives I will give him a bank card and he will be able to use it "as needed" and anything extra must be discussed first. Once he finds a job we decided to split the bills. I will continue to pay rent while he pays the utitilies (gas, heat, & light) and the phone bill. I figured I will probably more then him in the beginning as he moves up he can obtain more responsibilities. As far as saving goes we'll decide later depending on your combined monthly income.

The thing is I'm frugal and HATE to spend money whereas he is more of a spender.

We have talked about this. He will be going to school fulltime and working part time. Our money will get split up even and if we have any extra money we will use it to blow.

I follow my life according to Dave Ramsey's rules now. His book was great. I follow a budget now and know where every dollar is being spent. We have envelopes for vaction, gas, grocery, entertainment, and blow money. I am teaching summer school which pays very good and is only one more extra month. As a teacher I can't sit around the whole vacation doing nothing. I go crazy!! I also taught our tutoring program this fall and winter which let me pay off the car and all credit cards. We both believe that we will never use an evil credit card again and just stick to debit. Act our wage for now on. I laid it all out on paper last trip and he is said it was a great idea. We have 2 extra envelopes for him once he gets a job a bass guitar and car. He is scarying me to death cause he found out he can drive right away when he gets here :help::wacko: .

Anyway I am like you Anna my dad said teachers who don't work in the summer are foolish and lazy unless they have kids. I didn't work one summer and I lost my mind. :blink:

Right now I even have plans for his first couple of days. After he arrives we have a work party to go to on that Friday, Saturday I have to go to work so my brother is picking him up to show him around, and Sunday my family and his friends are threwing him a suprise party. The next weekend we have a couple more parties to attend including his best mans winno party. I am hoping the summer will fly by without him working. We will have all July together with both of us not working or in school. Can't wait for that :luv:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I don't know if it's still possible but other couples were completing the form online and sending to their SO or had them downloading the form themselves. And when they went to the appointment they would drop off DS-230 part 1 so the Embassy could start the processing for scheduling an interview.

You can fill it out right here on the computer and send it to him. Or he can get a copy of it from this site and fill it out. I filled my husbands out for him and sent it using global express. You could even type all the information for on microsoft word and then have him transfer it to the form. All the best!! :yes:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Since it is only a matter of a few days, I'd take the oppurtunity to show up with your husband. It looks good.

I don't know if it's still possible but other couples were completing the form online and sending to their SO or had them downloading the form themselves. And when they went to the appointment they would drop off DS-230 part 1 so the Embassy could start the processing for scheduling an interview.

I just spoke to him, he said he could courier it to the embassy. I'm going to be in JA on Saturday so I could just bring it. So should he courier it or should we go to the appt we have for next thursday in kingston?

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline
Since it is only a matter of a few days, I'd take the oppurtunity to show up with your husband. It looks good.

I just spoke to him, he said he could courier it to the embassy. I'm going to be in JA on Saturday so I could just bring it. So should he courier it or should we go to the appt we have for next thursday in kingston?

That is a great idea. It looks very good. Safe travels on Saturday.

I need to go look at airfares now to bring hubby here to Chi town.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is a great idea. It looks very good. Safe travels on Saturday.

I need to go look at airfares now to bring hubby here to Chi town.

It looks good if I show up to the appt to get a form? Or I guess we could submit the form then. Me and my oversized stomach. I carry big, people think i'm nine months even though I'm only 7 and when I tell them I'm seven months, they follow that up with oh it's twins. anyway I digress. It's a 2 hour drive to Kingston. We had planned to go to do his police certficate because we thought be now we would have our interview date.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Help!!!! Why is it taking NVC more than 15 days to process my petition? I'm getting anxious.

Oh my you are anxious. Wait one more week it will be there.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Ok, I have a question.

What did you/are you going to do about money??

Is he going to have an allowance?

Are you going to just give him an extra bank card?

If you do, are you/do you put a limit on what he can spend?

Have you thought about how much he should contribute when he gets a job? Or how did you work that out??

That is the thing we fight about the most :wacko: How the money should be spent! It was sooooo hard at first because I was the only one making any money. He had/has a debit card connected to our account but he did not have free use of it whenever he pleased :no: We'd both be broke by now! It's still difficult because I make so much more money than he does, so I pay 95% of the bills. Sometimes I get really frustrated by it. Right now though he's saving money for a truck so I'm trying to be patient and keep paying the bills :whistle:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Ok, I have a question.

I will still be getting paid full pay for like 18 months after I move, but have told him he'll have to take my cards, I am hopeless about saving money, I waste every penny I earn lol...Even going to have him change my Paypal password (I'm an Ebay addict too!)

i am SSSSOOOO addicted to ebay it is not funny....it's just that you can get great things for cheap....

tee hee hee :lol: Thanks ladies!! Keep buying! I'm addicted to ebay too - but I want to sell everything! :yes: I've already sold a gold belly button ring ($63) a pair of silver boots ($15) a pair of black boots ($36) and some concert tickets for Gwen Stefani that I had extras of. I need to find more stuff to sell!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Her SS card came in Thursday, Friday a welcome to the US letter, and today the 10 year greencard.

Nothing more to do for 3 years. :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats :dance: That's awesome. I guess all that waiting finally paid off :dance:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

We both believe that we will never use an evil credit card again and just stick to debit.

What's wrong with credit cards? I LOVE my credit cards. I have a Northwest Visa and I earn tons of miles each month - I'm flying for free again to Jamaica this August on my frequent flyer miles :dance: I almost always pay off my cards in full every month - I don't believe in paying interest! I guess if you're only going to pay the minimum payment each month, you could get in BIG trouble!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

It's a 2 hour drive to Kingston. We had planned to go to do his police certficate because we thought be now we would have our interview date.

You can still get the police certificate with out having an interview date. I think it's good for up to a year from when it's issued!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

tee hee hee :lol: Thanks ladies!! Keep buying! I'm addicted to ebay too - but I want to sell everything! :yes: I've already sold a gold belly button ring ($63) a pair of silver boots ($15) a pair of black boots ($36) and some concert tickets for Gwen Stefani that I had extras of. I need to find more stuff to sell!!

I have SOOOO many clothes that I can't take with me, just in the process of selling them all. I also sell the clothes my son has grown out of.

I love designer brands but not willing to spend the money for them in the normal shops.

My favorite brands are Burberry and Moschino but they cost a FORTUNE in the states (they still cost loads here though)

Just bought a GORGEOUS Burberry shorts and shirt outfit for the baby, brand new with tags, for £17!!!!

Made a lot of money these past two weeks, my Paypal account is £150 in credit!!

Was thinking of selling photo restoration services on Ebay once I get to the states, will see how that works out.

Ebay can also be good if you have time at home, if you know the prices of certain goods, you can make good money buying it cheap and relisting it for a profit.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

That is the thing we fight about the most :wacko: How the money should be spent! It was sooooo hard at first because I was the only one making any money. He had/has a debit card connected to our account but he did not have free use of it whenever he pleased :no: We'd both be broke by now! It's still difficult because I make so much more money than he does, so I pay 95% of the bills. Sometimes I get really frustrated by it. Right now though he's saving money for a truck so I'm trying to be patient and keep paying the bills :whistle:

That must be hard :(

I guess that's why I was thinking a percentage of each person's salary would be a good idea....We've agreed that my salary from the UK is to be only used for bills and to save, I make twice what he does here, but as soon as I start working there, I'll most likely earn half what he makes.

I just wish there was a way I could get references from my company here and then I could heopfully get a better job in the States.

Kills me to know I can't use them as references until Dec 2008 when my vacation/maternity leave finishes.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.