pbgirl

Social Security Card for K3

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
How long does it take for SSA to verify this status via the SAVE program?

Verify what status?

Hello ET-US2004,

One of the members wrote in his/her post that SSA verifies the status of employability via the SAVE program (whatever the f.ck that is) and it, according to this member, takes some time. Even though you show them your EAD apparently that is not enough for SSA to assign you a number. That is another moronic practice. EAD is issued by the same government not by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.

SSA didn't issue the document, so they have no idea if it came from immigration or you bought it at the mall, so it and/or your status needs to be verified. Either through SAVE or by sending a G-845 to immigration for manual verification. The G-845 method can sometimes take a while.

This is what the f**k is SAVE.

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203730

RM 00203.730 Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203735

RM 00203.735 Requesting Online (Primary) Verification by SAVE

This is what the f**k is G-845 verification.

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203740

RM 00203.740 Requesting Additional (Manual) Verification By DHS

Thank you for your detailed reply. Still..it does not make sense. It iss till moronic. If a government can not trust documents issued by itself....if a certain part of bureaucracy is unaware of the doings of another part of this f.cking bureaucracy..it means there is a problem..a disease that needs to be treated.

I have a feeling you're going to be quite unhappy when you get to the US.

I think if you examined the bureauracy of your own country, you'd find it's much the same.

Adjusting your attitude, on the other hand, can make everything else relative. You're not going to change The System, so learn to work within it.

I have been in the US for 5 f.cking months and still waiting for EAD. Still waiting to be treated as a human being.

No, I have never heard of any place on earth that makes you wait 5 months+ to let you work.

Bureacuracy is slow in general around the world, not just in the US but US bureaucracy is extraordinarily slow and extraordinarily staffed by morons mostly.

I am just voicing my concerns here which is, I believe, my right.

Mdyoung..yes I agree.. SSA must be absorbed by DHS if it makes it efficient and fast.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
How long does it take for SSA to verify this status via the SAVE program?
Verify what status?
Hello ET-US2004,

One of the members wrote in his/her post that SSA verifies the status of employability via the SAVE program (whatever the f.ck that is) and it, according to this member, takes some time. Even though you show them your EAD apparently that is not enough for SSA to assign you a number. That is another moronic practice. EAD is issued by the same government not by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.

I wonder how long does this moronic 'verification' take?

Thank you.

I don't know. We applied for my wife's EAD back in early April of 2004. Didn't receive it by July 2004 (3 months from receipt of filing). Thus, we headed to our "local" District Office to obtain an interim EAD one bright Friday in July of 2004. Went to the SSA the following Monday and successfully applied for her SSN. The SSC was in the mail that same week on Saturday. My wife started working on Tuesday of the following week. The actual EAD arrived some 2 months later.

How come you don't have at least your interim EAD if you filed the I-765 some 5 months ago?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
How come you don't have at least your interim EAD if you filed the I-765 some 5 months ago?

I do not know. No word came from USCIS about my initial EAD application. Hopefully I will have my interim EAD soon. No same day issuance, no walk-ins unfortunately.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I do not know. No word came from USCIS about my initial EAD application. Hopefully I will have my interim EAD soon. No same day issuance, no walk-ins unfortunately.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Do you have a receipt notice? A cashed check? Anything to show that and when the USCIS received your filing? Biometrics? Any phone calls you made? Have you contacted any of your US Representatives offices (you should have one House Representative and two Senators to choose from)? Have you made an InfoPass appointment to obtain an interim EAD or at least to talk to someone at your local District Office?

No word from USCIS? That's a bit thin. You shouldn't just sit and wait. :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.