Marriednow

Marrying a Moroccan

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi--As you can see, I an new here. I just sent in the I-129 to Texas. However, after reading and such, I am worried about our age difference--he is almost 29, I'm 56. Do you think we will be denied his fiance visa because of this?

I just returned from Morocco after a wonderful 18 days, by the way.

I would just like advice and moral support as we go through this eternal maze. By the way, what does "touched" mean?

I appreciate any and all advice and moral support!! Thanks in advance, Debbie (and Hamid)

PS--ARE THERE ANY THINGS HAMID CAN DO TO GET READY FOR THE INTERVIEW THIS FAR IN ADVANCE? ALSO, DO MOST OF THESE FIANCE VISAS GET APPROVED?

Edited by dgintenn

Filed: Timeline

well hopefully not but it could put a "red flag" and i'm sure your fiance will be questioned just have alot of supporting evidence to support your relationship. Good Luck!!!!

Hi--As you can see, I an new here. I just sent in the I-129 to Texas. However, after reading and such, I am worried about our age difference--he is almost 29, I'm 56. Do you think we will be denied his fiance visa because of this?

I would just like advice and moral support as we go through this eternal maze. By the way, what does "touched" mean?

I appreciate any and all advice and moral support!! Thanks in advance, Debbie (and Hamid)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

PS--ARE THERE ANY THINGS HAMID CAN DO TO GET READY FOR THE INTERVIEW THIS FAR IN ADVANCE? ALSO, DO MOST OF THESE FIANCE VISAS GET APPROVED?

PPS----Another question. Hamid wants to get married in Morocco in June. Then we would marry again in the USA. Would we have to apply for a different visa after marrying in Morocco? Or could we continue on with the fiance visa? Please advise....

I dont know a lot about the age difference but I can explain what touched means...I'm not here for too long myself but i went trhough the petition filing step so i'm learning. When u submit ur petition along with the payment you receive NOA1 (notification of action). You have a case number assigned which u can track on www.uscis.gov site (that is after u put ur case into the portfolio there) and under Last updated there is going to be a date....when the date changes, you've been touched :)

Removal of conditions...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are many places on here to learn about cases going thru Casa go to the MENA forum later and read around and learn. THe age isnt supposed to be a problem but i believe it does tend to end that way. Theres alot to learn now while your papers are filed and waiting and things you both can do to get ready for the interview. Again you will see all kinds of cases some go thru some dont, but none very easily, there is usually a waiting time even after the interview.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Also if you have a legal marriage you are more or less cancelling the one you just applied for

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

To receive a fiancé visa, you have to be free to marry. You aren't free to marry if you're already married, even if the marriage is to the person you had been engaged to. So if you go in June and get married, you'll have to start over with a spousal visa.

The age difference will mostly likely be a red flag, and they'll ask you for additional proof that your relationship is legitimate, but couples have been approved with similarly large age gaps before.

Read up on the process here, and check on the ME/NA regional forums. Lots of women in similar situations, and they'll be able to offer advice and support.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

27 year age difference will raise red flags. Definitely. There's a ton of information on VJ. Press the links and read up. You'll learn a lot. Good luck!

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

oops!

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

First Welcome to VJ! There are many of us here with a fiance/husband from Morocco. You can always find us in the ME/NA forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=97

Regarding the age difference- the consulate can not deny you because of this. We have some members who have this kind of age difference. The consulate is trained to look for fraud. There are several red flags that trigger a consulate officer's suspicion- a large age gap is one. You need to be prepared to show evidence of a legitimate relationship that can address any special scrutiny that is raised in your petition for the case at the consulate level. This should not stress you, but you should take it into consideration. Casa can be a tricky consulate to go through.

Since you just sent in your petition you wil have at least 3 months before your fiance will need to start thinking about gathering the documents for the interview. Don't think about having the medical too soon because it is good for one year only. If yourprocess is slow, it could expire. The medical is good for filing AOS when he arrives in the US as long as it has not expired.

Here is a link to a thread specifically related to the Casa consulate. It might help you get an idea of what things will be needed for the interview. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41986

The approval rate is good in Casa, though some members have faced an intent to deny and they have had a longer battle to get their husband or fiance here. The best you can do is familiarize yourself with what will happen at the interview and begin to prepare everythign from this moment on with the intent of being ready for the interview.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

PPS----Another question. Hamid wants to get married in Morocco in June. Then we would marry again in the USA. Would we have to apply for a different visa after marrying in Morocco? Or could we continue on with the fiance visa? Please advise....

If you have just send off the fiance visa, by the end of June or early July, the consulate should receive the petition. Interviews are usually set 4-8 weeks from this date and visas issued anywhere from 1 weeks to several months later.

Getting married in June will mean you will have to abandon the fiance visa and start all over witha different petition. Any ceremony that looks like you married could cause problems. I have seen some fiances faced with problems in the interview because they had an engagement ceremony that looked too much like a wedding.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think you are best to NOT marry until he arrives in the USA. You have to be separated anyways so what is the advantage to marrying since you have already started the fiance petition? Another point about that which was brought to my attention recently: if you are fiances and in the process you find out information not previously known to you, you can just abandon the case, where if you are married, you are stuck. HOpefully all is well, but you never know what might come up in a background check. We always want to think the best of the person we fall in love with, but those of us who have been around VJ have seen the ugly truth come out on occaision.

Ultimately you have to examine the information you can find and then decide what is best for the 2 of you. The current trend is for the K3 to take longer than the K1, but that is always subject to change. The advantage to doing the K3 is that he would enter with his 2 year green card as opposed to having to marry right away and apply for the green card.

Whatever you do, good luck and welcome to MENA.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been through a denial in Morocco, so I think I am well qualified to answer.

I will be 100% totally honest here, yes I think you will hit a wall, especially with a K-1. My advice? Cancel it ASAP, go back and get married, making sure to have a party with lots of friends and relatives with pictures. Plus many other things we can go into if you decide to follow my advice. When you come home file the I-130, but with this you need to address each and every red flag you have. Again, if you decide to follow my advise we can go into more detail.

I know you are anxious to get your man here ASAP, but with that big of an age difference I can pretty much guarantee you will have a returned petition if the flags aren't addressed with the initial petition That takes even more time than what I am suggesting. It took my husband an initial 15 months after his interview to win our case and get him here. I don't want to see anyone else to have to go through this.

If you want more advice from people who have been in your shoes you should contact Kiya or Chiquita. These two, as well as myself, have vast knowledge on this situation of returned petitions in Morocco.

I am sorry if I am scaring you, that is not my intention. Rather my wish is to make this as easy as possible for you so you don't have to go through what so many of us has either gone through, or is going through now.

Hugs to you!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
I have been through a denial in Morocco, so I think I am well qualified to answer.

I will be 100% totally honest here, yes I think you will hit a wall, especially with a K-1. My advice? Cancel it ASAP, go back and get married, making sure to have a party with lots of friends and relatives with pictures. Plus many other things we can go into if you decide to follow my advice. When you come home file the I-130, but with this you need to address each and every red flag you have. Again, if you decide to follow my advise we can go into more detail.

I know you are anxious to get your man here ASAP, but with that big of an age difference I can pretty much guarantee you will have a returned petition if the flags aren't addressed with the initial petition That takes even more time than what I am suggesting. It took my husband an initial 15 months after his interview to win our case and get him here. I don't want to see anyone else to have to go through this.

If you want more advice from people who have been in your shoes you should contact Kiya or Chiquita. These two, as well as myself, have vast knowledge on this situation of returned petitions in Morocco.

I am sorry if I am scaring you, that is not my intention. Rather my wish is to make this as easy as possible for you so you don't have to go through what so many of us has either gone through, or is going through now.

Hugs to you!

:thumbs::thumbs:

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.