Saddle Bronc

Delta to start Calgary-Atlanta service in June

13 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, several years too late for me (as I moved to DC for job reasons in Oct. 2000, and have not been in Atlanta area for any long term since).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You mean a direct flight? No layovers? That would be nice :) If that's the case, maybe they'll start an Atlanta - Halifax flight. One can dream, eh?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
Actually, I like having to connect in another american city. it means not having to go through C&I in Atlanta

Well, this is true...I think my Toronto experience left me frazzled, more so than Boston or Newark :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My son and I went thru Toronto on our first visit here. Thats when they were just doing the airport over.

I really didnt mind Toronto.

Now Detroit thats a different story. I hated changing planes there :crying:

Boston has been the easiest for me so far. :thumbs:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

Yeah, I have to agree...Boston has been easier. Newark was ok....Toronto was...well...rude and very unhelpful to this weary traveler and her daughter. It was obvious that I didnt know my way around...maybe I just caught them on an off day. Still...I was given the wrong directions twice and I almost didnt make my connecting flight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Detroit was the best airport for me. Still my favourite airport besides Halifax :D

The secret to having a positive experience is to give yourself more time than you need for connecting or making your flight. If you only give yourself 30 minutes to connect, don't ###### about missing your flight. I usually give myself at LEAST two hours. It also helps a lot if you like to do some plane spotting :)

Also helps to find a place where I can go have a smoke and a bite to eat although airport food is horribly overpriced.

Timeline

Halifax is by far my favourite! They are friendly and helpful...they even make going through security and being searched a pleasant experience. They even got us through security and on our plane on the recent security scare that held us all up for over an hour. Kudos to Halifax International :)

Timeline

Yeh I like Halifax too.

Toronto did loose my luggage when I was on my way home from here. But I got it back with in two days.

PEGGY & ROGER

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Timeline
Yeh I like Halifax too.

Toronto did loose my luggage when I was on my way home from here. But I got it back with in two days.

Delta lost my luggage too, but it was on the Boston end (if I remember right) and I got it back in about 3 days. They delivered it to me too...which was impressive. I was told I would have to go to the airport to get it. :)

Timeline

Yeh they sent mine to me too. Which I thought was good.

I didnt have to many clothes to wear till I got my luggage I tell ya :lol:

PEGGY & ROGER

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I flew from Halifax to DC (DCA) pretty much monthly. Connected through either Toronto, Newark or Boston. Boston was great, Toronto was ok, but Newark was a pain!! There seemed to be no organization going through security when it was busy!! Sure was nice coming back from Saskatoon to DC through Toronto, Line ups at immigration was huge for non usa residents and citizens, no one in citizens/residents line!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Actually, I like having to connect in another american city. it means not having to go through C&I in Atlanta

US bound flights from Calgary (except for the one to LaGuardia, which has to go through YYZ--due to distance regulations set by LaGuardia) are cleared at Calgary's PFI:

• I'm "from" Calgary (not born there, but raised largely there and lived there roughly half my life)
  • I've also used that PFI's "scot-free" more than once (prior to 2002) to take in Claritin

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.