athena_ny

green card interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

We filed for adjustment of status March 2nd (that's when they received it) and our interview is April 26th. :dance: I'm nervous but everyone says it's a good thing, even though it's so soon.

Here's hoping for another successful Peru story! :)

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We filed for adjustment of status March 2nd (that's when they received it) and our interview is April 26th. :dance: I'm nervous but everyone says it's a good thing, even though it's so soon.

Here's hoping for another successful Peru story! :)

Congratulation and the best :thumbs: Al the best on your interview you will do fine.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Things are moving along very nicely for you...Congratulations!!! Let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns. We just did our AOS interview, and I'd be happy to help :star:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Things are moving along very nicely for you...Congratulations!!! Let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns. We just did our AOS interview, and I'd be happy to help :star:

I'm just concerned about having "enough" evidence. I mean, our binder is huge with letters and cards from before and after we married (we didn't do K1, so I figure the proof of relationship from before our marriage is relevant too). But at the time of the interview, we won't have been married 4 months, and while we opened a bank account, it hasn't gotten much use because of issues with my direct deposit (he doesn't have that option and tends to just cash the check). He's added to my credit cards (I'm putting them in my binder too, heh), I have a letter showing him as the beneficiary to my life insurance, and a dependent on my insurance (dental, but it doesn't specify), I have a few pieces of mail addressed to both of us (a wedding gift thank you, the first bank statement with practically no money in the acct b/c as I said...), tons of mail addressed to one or the other (not both) at the same address, and a photo album with pictures of our relationship - a few from my first few visits to FL, then photos from events like birthdays, our wedding, etc.

I worry about the lease and utility bills, but the lease is signed by him, his mother, and his sister (they live with us), and was signed when I first moved down here and it wasn't 100% sure what our future was. The land line is in his mom's name, the electric in his father's name (deceased, the electric company wanted to charge 300 dollars to change the name on the bill), and I have both cell phones in my name.

I feel like what we have should be enough, but I get nervous, esp. with my interview being so quickly. (Well, his interview, but I consider it mine too, Heh.) The financials aren't an issue, while my tax return from last year is below the required 125%, I'm now making 27,000 a year (that's not a ton, I know, but it's above what I need to) AND my mom is our cosponsor.

I think more than anything it's just nervewracking. I know overstay and unauthorized work are forgiven (it's a long story, concerning visiting his father and getting a call he was in a freak accident, and then he died, and the bills had to get paid, and they were going to return to Peru but were told there may be a potential lawsuit etc etc) but I still worry.

I need to get through it, mostly.

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck on your interview!! :thumbs:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

It's definitely nerve-wracking, even when you have everything ready. I just recommend taking all the evidence you mentioned, in an orderly fashion. Pictures are especially important. Due to the overstay and unauthorized working, be prepared to explain everything thoroughly, and have some evidence to back it up. Hopefully, this won't cause too much of an issue, but I'm not entirely certain. A lot of the interview is completely subjective. It depends on your Adjudicating Officer almost more than anything else. Be calm and confident and prepared, and you should really be ok.

The interview is as much yours and it is his at the AOS stage :) The length of your marriage doesn't matter much, except in what kind of green card he will receive. If approved, your husband will receive the conditional green card, which has to have the conditions lifted...but that's another issue!

Let me know if you have any other concerns...I'll do what I can to help (F)

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.