Brooklyn23

FAO All those who: have had K1 interviews in London over the last week

6 posts in this topic

I got the following email today from the embassy regarding the delay on visa processing, it has now been 8 working days since my interview and the promise of delivery in 5 seems to have gone out of the window but at least they are providing an email template in explanation:

We regret the delay in processing your visa applications. The Embassy is currently experiencing system delays with non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications; the Consular Section is aware of these system errors and is doing everything possible to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

We are not able to guarantee issuance in time to meet travel schedules and we advise against making final travel plans until the travelers' passport and visa are returned to them.

Thank you for your e-mail correspondence.

Hope this helps if anyone was panicking like I was (especially when a woman at the DOS told my Fiance yesterday that I must have been making the 5 day delivery thing up as no one would ever tell me that and it takes at least 40 days -swear I do not know where they get these people but it certainly isn't charm school...)

Lauren

16th October 2009 - I-751 Packet received at CSC

16th October 2009 - NOA1 date for I-751

05 Nov 2009 - Early biometrics appointment (taken with no hassles or query on date)

23 Nov 2009 - Biometrics appointment

23 Nov 2009 - Received email stating 'Card Production Ordered' -woo hoo!

'I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness, but I am not a government official'

Deadwood, Season 2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dang. I don't know if we had included an email address. I wonder if we're going to be getting a letter in the mail saying that. Keep us posted on if you get anymore emails saying the status, k?

April 21 Dave arrives in America!

April 28 WE GET MARRIED!!!

May 9 Went to SS office and was denied

May 15 After gathering all paperwork, told we must file through DORA program

July 19 DORA appointment - they send paperwork to Chicago after this.

July 24 Paperwork is received by Chicago

August 9 Notice for Biometrics appointment

August 28 NOAs for AOS/EAD

Sept 6 Biometrics

Sept 26 Email saying card production ordered for EAD.. YES!!!

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Dec 31 Finally got the Resident card! Yay!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, I talked to my fiance, he said that they are supposed to email him when they are sending his visa, so I guess they do have his email address. He's not received anything like that just yet, but his interview was only Wednesday.

April 21 Dave arrives in America!

April 28 WE GET MARRIED!!!

May 9 Went to SS office and was denied

May 15 After gathering all paperwork, told we must file through DORA program

July 19 DORA appointment - they send paperwork to Chicago after this.

July 24 Paperwork is received by Chicago

August 9 Notice for Biometrics appointment

August 28 NOAs for AOS/EAD

Sept 6 Biometrics

Sept 26 Email saying card production ordered for EAD.. YES!!!

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Dec 31 Finally got the Resident card! Yay!!!

I had to email the embassy to complain (ever so politely of course) before receiving this information, it isn't something they send out automatically. From what I have heard SMS are meant to contact you before delivering your visa but more often than not they just turn up...

Fingers crossed someone there didn't just forget to save the processing spreadsheet and the consular section have all decided to take an early Easter break, hence nothing getting through for two weeks...

If the DOS give us anything at all useful I'll let you know!

16th October 2009 - I-751 Packet received at CSC

16th October 2009 - NOA1 date for I-751

05 Nov 2009 - Early biometrics appointment (taken with no hassles or query on date)

23 Nov 2009 - Biometrics appointment

23 Nov 2009 - Received email stating 'Card Production Ordered' -woo hoo!

'I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness, but I am not a government official'

Deadwood, Season 2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.