LovelyMommy

If in different countries?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Can I apply for my fiance to move here if he's in Australia and I'm in USA? Can I just fill out the paperwork and forward it to him to fill out the rest? Also, how much is the app fee and other fees assosciated with a K1? I have looked on this site and cannot find anything about the actual cost.

TIA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Can I apply for my fiance to move here if he's in Australia and I'm in USA? Can I just fill out the paperwork and forward it to him to fill out the rest? Also, how much is the app fee and other fees assosciated with a K1? I have looked on this site and cannot find anything about the actual cost.

TIA!

I'm a bit confused by how you framed the question - but the USC (dunno if that is you or him) has to send in the petition on behalf of the non USC. There are a few pieces to include in the petition that he must fill out - they need to have his original signature, so he can download them, fill them out, sign them and then Fed Ex/DHL them to you. Read the K1 guide for specifics.

The cost is listed on the instructions of the I 129f form itself - as well as the guide. Its currently $170.

Most everything you need to know is out there!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

SA4userbar.jpg

TIA!

Yes, you can apply while you're in different countries, most of us filing for K1 are. If you read through the K1 Guide, which you will find a link to in the thread pinned at the top of this forum, you will find a lot of helpful K1 information.

The information regarding the application fee can be found on the I129.

ETA: Or, what they said above.

Edited by jlvr

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow, that sounds incredibly cheap. There are a lot of acronyms and phrases that are foreign to me in the guide, but I'll have to look it up! I kind of figured the visa bringing him here would cost us over 1000 dollars. No, he lives in AUS right now and our daughter and myself live here in the USA. We are not married, actually divorced but wanting to work things out and live here. I figure because of the divorce we are going to have problems.....

I live in PHX, will I have to travel to another city for an interview?

Edited by LovelyMommy

Wow, that sounds incredibly cheap. There are a lot of acronyms and phrases that are foreign to me in the guide, but I'll have to look it up! I kind of figured the visa bringing him here would cost us over 1000 dollars. No, he lives in AUS right now and our daughter and myself live here in the USA. We are not married, actually divorced but wanting to work things out and live here. I figure because of the divorce we are going to have problems.....

$170 is just the filing fee for the I-129F petition. There is also the visa fee itself ($100 or equivalent in local currency, I believe) and other costs such as for the medical exam... and that's just to get the visa. Once your fiance's in the US and you're married, he'll need to apply to adjust his status to Permanent Resident (ie apply for a green card) - there's more fees associated with that (set to rise in the not-too-distant future, too) - as well as more fees for EAD (work authorisation while waiting for the green card to come through, if he wants to work) and Advance Parole (which he'll need if he wants to leave the US at any point before getting his green card - otherwise he won't be able to get back in!)... all in all, considerably more than $170, I'm afraid!

Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Yeah, the acronyms can be confusing and they're not all explained, I found. I don't know if there is a glossary on here with some of the terms explained.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The non-USC has an interview in his/her home country.

For a list of the acronyms look in the Visa/FAQ section

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, the acronyms can be confusing and they're not all explained, I found. I don't know if there is a glossary on here with some of the terms explained.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

He will be the one who will have an interview at the embassy (or consulate) in Australia for the K1 (I assume it's what you'll ask for). You just have to give proof of ongoing relationship.

Later on during the AOS process you will have to take an interview and all, but that will be much later.

For a complete idea of the fees go to the www.uscis.gov website, you can download all the forms there (so can your future husband) and it will tell you what the fees are for each on the maine page.

129F= 170$, add the fee for the USC birth certificate (usually around 20$), plus all the copies, mailing and all.

Your fiancé will have to pay around 100-200$ (if not more) for the medical exam and the visa fees at the embassy (100$).

The AOS process if you get both Advance Parole and EAD along with the basic things costs up to 900$, biometric appointment non included.

Check out the guides and the USCIS website, you can find very helpful information on them.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

$170 to apply, then there will be a Visa fee at the consulate About $100 paid to the consulate, and of course there is the medical fee paid to the required medical facility.

Also you need to have met your fiancee in person within the past 2 years, if you haven't there is the cost of travel to the foreign country, or for your non-us citizen fiancee to travel to the USA to meet that requirement.

Later there are fees for adjusting status ($325) in the USA, Biometrics ($70), vaccination supplement price determined bu the doctor, EAD ($180) if you want to work, still later you need to petition to remove conditions on the green-card ($275), then possibly naturalization ($$$$)

Now keep in mind, the fees are subject to change soon, and the change will be in an upward direction.

Plan on spending some serious $$$ the process is not cheap.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I also wanted to add: don't worry about being divorced. As long as you both have paper proving that it's official it won't make it any harder. If you look around this forum a lot of people are in that case.

The only thing is that the divorce needs to have been pronounced before you file for a K1.

Good luck, and good studying of the papers ;)

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The way i read it they were married now divorced and wanting to make things work and live here.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

The way i read it they were married now divorced and wanting to make things work and live here.

I read that too... sure can make proof of relationship a little easier...:thumbs:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.