karlita

Help! Interview is this Thursday, March 29th!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there.

Up until this evening, I thought that I had everything that I needed and did everything properly. However, after surfing some of the boards regarding the DS 156 form and Affidavit of Support documents, I'm all confused and extremely worried.

Please confirm the following:

1. Does the DS 156 form that is supposed to be completed online generate an actual BARCODE? Or does the form just say "BARCODE" on the bottom right? I read a few people's posts about how a different bar code is generated each time the form is opened. I downloaded mine from this site:http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/. Help ASAP please!

2. Along w/ the Affidavit of Support form, my fiance also provided me with a letter from his employer confirming how much he earns, how long he's been with the company and his job position. He also gave me some investment summaries and company stocks. HOWEVER, he did not provide me with a bank statement or anything relating to bank info, since he thought that the letter from employer would suffice. Can they deny me because I don't have his bank statement?

Thanks, my advance!

Karla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2. Along w/ the Affidavit of Support form, my fiance also provided me with a letter from his employer confirming how much he earns, how long he's been with the company and his job position. He also gave me some investment summaries and company stocks. HOWEVER, he did not provide me with a bank statement or anything relating to bank info, since he thought that the letter from employer would suffice. Can they deny me because I don't have his bank statement?

Did he meet or exceed the 125% above the 2007 Federal Poverty Guideline level? If he did, I don't believe he needs his bank statements since he met the government requirement for his household.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You should submit the DS156 Online via: https://evisaforms.state.gov. Click continue and it should generate a bar code. Print that one out. I would do both just in case if you have time.

Bank statement are one of the options needed to show how one won't be a public charge when arriving in the US. His letter from employer and tax return transcrips should be enough. Check your packet 3 for more info. I believe they are only looking for 2 out of 3 instead of all of the above.

N-400 for Citizenship.

09/15/2010 Application Sent.

09/22/2010 Check Cashed.

09/23/2010 NOA Sent.

09/27/2010 NOA Received.

10/15/2010 Biometric Appointment.

01/26/2011 Interview Letter.

02/24/2011 Interview Date. PASSED!!!!!!!!

03/25/2011 Received oath ceremony letter

04/21/2011 Oath Ceremony @ 12:30PM

Oath Ceremony Completed. Now A US Citizenship.

I-130 Petition for Mother

05/05/2011 Application Sent To Chicago Lockbox.

05/11/2011 Check Cashed.

05/14/2011 Received NOA.

08/03/2011 RFE Notice Sent.

08/06/2011 RFE Received.

08/22/2011 Send Additional Evidence.

08/25/2011 Status Update Changed To RFE Received.

09/02/2011 Approval Notice Sent.

09/06/2011 Approval Letter Received.

09/29/2011 Received Email With NVC Number, Fee, And Choice Of Agent Form.

09/29/2011 Paid NVC $88.00 Fee Online.

09/30/2011 Online Status Changed To Paid.

10/07/2011 Emailed Choice Of Agent Form.

10/12/2011 Paid $404.00 IV Fee Online.

10/14/2011 Online Status Changed To Paid.

01/10/2012 Email From NVC Stating Case Complete And Interview Date 02/16/2012 @ 7AM

01/18/2012 Medical Appointment

02/16/2012 Interview Date PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should submit the DS156 Online via: https://evisaforms.state.gov. Click continue and it should generate a bar code. Print that one out. I would do both just in case if you have time.

Bank statement are one of the options needed to show how one won't be a public charge when arriving in the US. His letter from employer and tax return transcrips should be enough. Check your packet 3 for more info. I believe they are only looking for 2 out of 3 instead of all of the above.

If I will use the link for DS-156 form here at VJ, will it still generate a bar code or is it necessary that I fill out the form on that link above to have a bar coded DS-156? And one more thing, will I need internet connection for a bar code to generate or I can fill out this form offline? I thought about downloading DS forms and then fill them out later...

I hope I made sense and didn't sound silly :unsure:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

If I will use the link for DS-156 form here at VJ, will it still generate a bar code or is it necessary that I fill out the form on that link above to have a bar coded DS-156? And one more thing, will I need internet connection for a bar code to generate or I can fill out this form offline? I thought about downloading DS forms and then fill them out later...

There is a link that does not have a bar code, it just says bar code on it like the OP's. I think that the one with the barcode is the one that is necessary. You should check in the regional forum and ask which one your embassy uses. This link below will take you to the page that has the electronic DS156. It also has links to all of the other forms.

Link to Forms

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

There is a link that does not have a bar code, it just says bar code on it like the OP's. I think that the one with the barcode is the one that is necessary. You should check in the regional forum and ask which one your embassy uses. This link below will take you to the page that has the electronic DS156. It also has links to all of the other forms.

Link to Forms

This link: http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/ does not link to the DS156 that you file electronically. Some, if not all, embassies WILL NOT accept this non-electronic form, it does not print with a barcode.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much for the comments and link to the electronic form! It's quite disturbing how they expect me to provide that version when my package didn't include any info regarding the website address. My package included hard copies, but when I called Montreal to confirm which ones I should be completing, they said that they're pretty strict with having to complete the electronic one now. However, they didn't tell me that it was a different web address than the one I've been checking which is really just pdf files.

Thanks again!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks so much for the comments and link to the electronic form! It's quite disturbing how they expect me to provide that version when my package didn't include any info regarding the website address. My package included hard copies, but when I called Montreal to confirm which ones I should be completing, they said that they're pretty strict with having to complete the electronic one now. However, they didn't tell me that it was a different web address than the one I've been checking which is really just pdf files.

Thanks again!

Our packet 3 included hard copies of the DS-156 as well. They made no mention in that letter of their current policy for requiring computer generated copies with bar code..........I knew it was required from VJ. I was disgruntled by the fact they made no mention of it ,but if you look on their website it says in BOLD letters that will turn you away without it. I posted a rant about it here and we concluded the consulate would most assuredly mention in the packet 4 / interview letter. Well 5 months later that letter arrived............NOT A WORD!!!!! It occurred to me that those without the benefit of sites like this , how would they know if their sole source of information comes from the consulate letter(s). A consulate that takes up to 6 months to schedule an interview and then does not even include information about the regulations they claim they will turn you away for not following.......well it just chaps my a$$. Ive been stewing about it for awhile now and really just wanted to blow off some steam about it.

google.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.