mi_illusion_st

Fiancé's Interview in 10 days

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Fiancé's interview is on April 03,2007 and I have been more anxious than ever in this whole process, having outright nightmares, anxiety and everything else and praying everything goes fine. I need some tips on how to cope during this extra stressful time for me. Thanks

Bonnie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can empathize. My fiance's interview is April 2. And I have been a bundle of nerves, too. But this week, Francisco and I have decided not to talk about forms and visas. Francisco and I have promised we are only going to make each other laugh this week! And concentrate on the reason we are doing this--we love each other and want to get married. Just take deep breaths (I have!) and know that you are prepared.

Good luck!

Kathy

Mailed I129F Petition to NSC 10/21/2006

Interview 04/02/2007

Visa approved! 04/02/2007

Francisco arrives through Miami 05/01/2007

MARRIED! 05/11/2007

AOS/EAD received in Chicago 06/15/2007

NOA1 for AOS/EAD 06/20/2007

RFE 07/14/2007

RFE received and case processing resumed 07/20/2007

Biometrics 07/23/2007

AOS transfer to CSC 08/10/2007

AOS pending at CSC 08/16/2007

EAD approved 08/25/2007

EAD received 09/04/2007

Timeline
I can empathize. My fiance's interview is April 2. And I have been a bundle of nerves, too. But this week, Francisco and I have decided not to talk about forms and visas. Francisco and I have promised we are only going to make each other laugh this week! And concentrate on the reason we are doing this--we love each other and want to get married. Just take deep breaths (I have!) and know that you are prepared.

Good luck!

Kathy

good luck to you too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
Fiancé's interview is on April 03,2007 and I have been more anxious than ever in this whole process, having outright nightmares, anxiety and everything else and praying everything goes fine. I need some tips on how to cope during this extra stressful time for me. Thanks

Bonnie

I haven't gotten to the interview part with my fiance yet, but it's only a couple months away.

I could make some suggestions on handling stress in general though.

There are a few basic ideas behind stress reduction.

If appropriate, remove or walk away from the source of stress. This may be a bit dificult since the situation isn't one you want to walk away from. However, dwelling on your anxiety won't get you anywhere. Maybe a few distractions could help, a girls night out, a good book, a movie, a hobby.

Stress takes its toll on you physically and can actually build up in your body. Get some excersize. Go for a jog or long walk everyday. If weather permits, go to the park or on a hike. But it's most effective if you are active everyday for at least 30 minutes to an hour, that's 10 solid days of going out and doing something.

You could do a little self-psychoanalysis of yourself (but this is not nearly as fun as a bubble bath). Ask yourself, what is it that you are so worried about? Is there a particular topic that is troublesome? Do you feel like you (or your fiance) are properly prepared? Maybe you just need to go over things one more time to feel re-assured....this is only if you haven't been going over things incessantly already. If there is no real problem you are worried about then maybe you can work yourself through and reassure yourself that whatever happens (which will probably only be his getting his visa) you will be just fine, and you both will figure it out.

The only other thing I could suggest is talking to people, like you are doing here, or if you have a friend or a sister or someone who would chat with you on the phone.

Waiting in anticipation can be a very painful process, but if you can, try to focus on positive things and imagine a positive outcome. I don't know if positive thoughts have any influence over the final decision, but they certainly can't hurt!

Good Luck, and take some great big deep breaths that make your belly move.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

I guess the only thing to do is know that you've done everything you can, and wait. Don't go over everything you've sent in your mind over and over - it doesn't help (I did it - I only got nervous!)

Honestly, I was fine up until he went into the embassy and I couldn't talk to him until he was done. That was the worst waiting, because no one but us knew what we were going through, and I couldn't talk to him about it. So I sat in my office with the door closed until he called. Well, I went to the bathroom once, but took the phone in with me! :lol: I told him I hoped he wouldn't call while I was in there. He wished he had!! :lol:

Good advice: breathe in, breathe out.

It'll be over soon - and remember, you have done EVERYTHING you can, and I'm sure you did it well.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

I was so stressed out at my interview I could of powered a WHOLE city.

THinking back though, you really just have to remember why your doing this and also remember that you really are in love and that won't change, and as you are in love, all will go ok!

I did not sleep the night before, couldn't eat and was in a blind panic as I approached the embassy, however once I was in, I made myself calm down by thinking about the last time that I had seen my fiance, and also, thinking about how it will not be long untill you see your beloved again and this time, theres no goodbyes...I calmed down alot and the interview went fine.

Now I even had complications with required documents they needed but it was ok, I was calm after that.

Remember that the interview, while ofcourse being important will go fine aslong as you are truly inlove, even if you don't have something they want you can get it to them and it will be ok.

Good luck guys! :thumbs:

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Timeline
:unsure: I will soon be in this boat too :unsure:

I guess I shouldn't complain about being in the boat when others are trying so hard to climb in.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm just hoping there's a bar across the street from the consulate! And that a couple of my fellow VJers will be there with me to share a bottle of wine while we wait!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm just hoping there's a bar across the street from the consulate! And that a couple of my fellow VJers will be there with me to share a bottle of wine while we wait!

Why would you wait in a bar when you can attend the interview with her/him?

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I was so stressed out at my interview I could of powered a WHOLE city.

THinking back though, you really just have to remember why your doing this and also remember that you really are in love and that won't change, and as you are in love, all will go ok!

I did not sleep the night before, couldn't eat and was in a blind panic as I approached the embassy, however once I was in, I made myself calm down by thinking about the last time that I had seen my fiance, and also, thinking about how it will not be long untill you see your beloved again and this time, theres no goodbyes...I calmed down alot and the interview went fine.

Now I even had complications with required documents they needed but it was ok, I was calm after that.

Remember that the interview, while ofcourse being important will go fine aslong as you are truly inlove, even if you don't have something they want you can get it to them and it will be ok.

Good luck guys! :thumbs:

Your advice seems to be the best.My fiance is in Russia, and is rather nervous. She is in her mid 20's and will soon begin to gather the info needed.I told her the same. Be honest, trust in what we have, bt do not give any more info than they ask for.

wow, we have already recieved our Biometrics appointments. It is only 2 1/2 weeks away.

It seems to be moving rather quickly.

This is great.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.