SALAM-DEEN

Flight Ticket Morocco

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam All :D

What's the Cheapest way to get tickets to Morocco?I was looking online, offline, and Travel agency. I am thinking to go home on May for 3 weeks from Dallas. However the tickets were kinda of pricy.

I ended up buying a ticket from an agent after he offered a better price when I showed him Delta and Expedia price ( the catch was I had to pay by any mean by not Credit Card).

any ideas?

Edited by SALAM-DEEN

Salam All :D

What's the Cheapest way to get tickets to Morocco?I was looking online, offline, and Travel agency. I am thinking to go home on May for 3 weeks from Dallas. However the tickets were kinda of pricy.

I ended up buying a ticket from an agent after he offered a better price when I showed him Delta and Expedia price ( the catch was I had to pay by any mean by not Credit Card).

any ideas?

Check the back page of the travel section in sundays apers. There are usually lists of agents who offer consolidation faires which are reasonable.

Alternatively by a cheap fare out of NYC and buy separately a fare through Southwest or JetBlue which tend to be inexpensive.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Assalamo aliakum,

When I flew in to Casablanca in November, I used a travel agent outside of Chicago called My Travel Agent. They beat any ticket I found online by at least 500 because they use consolidators.Their number is 847) 677-7550 if you want to try. Monika is who I dealt with. They handle mostly Czech Germany etc but did a really great job on Morocco to. I couldnt pay with credit card...I had to overnight a check, but for saving 500 it was well worth it. If your going in summer months it will be higher I guess but maybe you could still save!!!

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I also fly out of Dallas. I have taken RAM, AirFrance, and Iberia. What I do is use Orbitz...they always seem to have the best deal flying to and from Morocco.

I can tell you if at all possible, avoid Chicago O'hare, it has been the worst nighmare flying out of Dallas to Chicago and even on the return. There are so many flights from Dallas to Chicago and back that if there is an issue with the Chicago airport that many flights in Dallas are cancelled and/or delayed by hours at a time which really seems to be the norm.

I have found the best interim US city between Casa and Dallas is Miami. There is a flight directly to Frankfurt Germany from Dallas on Lufthansa the only reason I have not use that one is the 13 hour layover in Frankfurt...I'm too impatient to get to Casa :D

I would check around, call the number chasnik gave you, also check out Orbitz, and other online agents. Maybe others will give more ideas as well. Good luck to you!

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Timeline

Not sure why you had to pay something other than credit card to get a cheap fare but I guess the fees are the issue.

I think what I would say has already been said, LOL!

Yes, check the Sunday travel section for those small ads that list several international locations.

One travel agent you can try in Dallas is DTA Travel, they specialize in travel to the middle east, africa, etc. DTA Travel . . . their office is on Preston Road near Forest Lane.

I'm not the best person to search for cheap airfares since I stick with Lufthansa and try for one stop to Cairo (no going thru Chicago for me even tho I love Chicago . . . just not for a long layover). The layover in Frankfurt for the Cairo flight isn't so bad but this last trip I ended up on the afternoon flight which puts me in Cairo 4 hours later than the earlier one . . . but I think they changed times around a bit so it is too hard to connect with the earlier flight.

other links for looking for cheap airfares:

CheapAirFar - has a link for Patheo Air Consolidator for International airfares

more for trip consolidators:

tripconsolidators.com

airlineconsolidator.com

well, there are lots out there to check out!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After trying all the online web sites, Delta was the cheapest, so I asked my friend's friend who has a travel Agency, if he could offer a better price. Sure enough he did offer me almost$130 less. However, I had to pay him cash or check.

The flight he got me has the shortest itenerary, compared to Lufthansa or Air France, Dallas New York and then Casablanca, the duration of the flight with transfer is 15 hours, and best of all I am leaving and coming back on a weekend.

I might use the Chicago compnay you suggested Chasnik

Thanks everyone for your ideas. :D

Have a nice weekend

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.