vnoe

Medical Exam

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone

I have my medical scheduled next month. Now the problem is I still do not have my passport back from the passport office. Of course they won't let me rush it through and when I made my exam appt they told me I needed my passport. So......I am wondering if anyone knows why they need a passport for a medical??? I wonder if they will let me have my medical without it?????

I figured things were moving smoothly along and then this>>>>>>>>>so very frustrating.

I had read a previous post about the medical and was wondering why when I made my appt they did not tell me that I needed to get a blood test ahead of time???? They told me to bring in my immunization records (of which I do not have), but I do have my twin daughters records. So what do they do then? Why does everything have to be clear as mud with this whole process? Do I need to go see my family physician? I have my regularly scheduled appt there next week anyways...

Whew!

Thanks in advance for your answers that will solve ALL my problems. (fingers crossed...lol)

Have a super day!

V :help:

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Where did you hear you need a blood test ahead of time? I never heard that. Just want to know for my own sake!

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Timeline
Where did you hear you need a blood test ahead of time? I never heard that. Just want to know for my own sake!

Hi melytha

It was a post I read earlier today...I think the topic was "Medical Exam Scheduled Today" and it was by Carlos at Tessa.

I wanna know too!!!! I had thought I had a handle on this.......... :o

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think some people are talking about the titre test. I had one when I started a new job. It's not necessary for you to have. I'm only bringing a copy because I can . All you need is your up to date immunization records. Your family doctor should have them, and if not, could just give you your boosters to make sure.

I don't know what to tell you about the passport. I've been fighting since Nov 7 for my birth certificate.

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Timeline
I think some people are talking about the titre test. I had one when I started a new job. It's not necessary for you to have. I'm only bringing a copy because I can . All you need is your up to date immunization records. Your family doctor should have them, and if not, could just give you your boosters to make sure.

I don't know what to tell you about the passport. I've been fighting since Nov 7 for my birth certificate.

Hi Tinker

I hope that is all. I don't have any of my immunization records. I talked with Public Health here in Sask. and due to my age (ahem..I'm only 39) they no longer have any records. So when I talked to the receptionist at the Dr. office she said that would just mean my blood test would cost more (sure..why not). So needless to say by the time my girls and I are done with the medical costs...its gonna be about 500.00 or more. geesh...do they think I'm made of $$$....I just want to get married to my Prince!

Thanks

V

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm 34, and sk stil had them ,lol. Ya if u dont have any imminization records, then one has to get a titre doem to see what shots u have had. More needles, enjoy!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I'm 34, and sk stil had them ,lol. Ya if u dont have any imminization records, then one has to get a titre doem to see what shots u have had. More needles, enjoy!!

Flames

I will see if I can get my Dr. to do this next week....maybe speed things up. Needles...urgh!!!! (just look the other way and take a deep breath)........

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Timeline

Okay, I thought I was all set on the immunizations, now you guys have me wondering about the influenza shot I had done at work. Suppose a note from them saying I've had it will have to do. Not interested in another one.

Vnoe, seems it's just more and more $$$$, at least it's CAD, :blush:

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

Timeline

Tinker

everyone is wanting $$$...lol.

I guess my main worry right now is getting my passport. I talked to the passport office the other day and ended up talking to this woman with the personality of a badger. She says "you should have applied earlier" "you should have taken it to a drop off location instead of mailing it" .... well shoulda woulda coulda...but I didn't. I live in the middle of nowhere...mailing was easier. I guess applying in November...then having it reject cause my pic was too shiny...and so on...I guess I figured it would have been here by now. I got my girls about 1 month ago...thank goodness they weren't so shiny.

Now that extra needle isn't looking too bad!!!!

:lol:

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

When you go to your doctor's this week, take a list of the required immunizaitons, and either get your doctor to give you a titre test or simply do the shots again. If you have not had your MMRs or a DTP since you were a baby, then you should get them again anyway. This will save you a bundle.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline

I'm pretty sure the %% they get from these immigration medicals go straight into the DR's pockets, and not declared at tax time, lol Thats why most only accept cash!! Sort of like the fellow that was repointing my chimney a few years back in Victoria. I handed him a cheque, he just looks at me, and asks for cash. Well a cheque is good as cash, ya, but no one else (revenue canada) knows about it,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

thanks for all the info.....

i'll keep my fingers crossed for the passport...and I still have to get my photos.

Flames...hope the guy did a good job on the chimney...lol

Happy weekend!!!!!!!!!!

V

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Timeline

He was a regular business, but he had his new apprentice do the work (he watched) saved me big $$$$. I got in the car, went to the ATM and got him his $$$, lol

Timeline

Hmmmm

Wondering if we can find one of the doctor's that'll just watch so we can save some money!! :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.