bostonparis

Paris Embassy Interview Today

22 posts in this topic

Guillaume got to the embassy at 12:35 p.m. for a 1:00 appointment. They told him to come back at ten to one. He went for a coffee at a little shop about 50 meters from the embassy, and returned at 12:50 p.m.

He waited in line, got to the window, and gave them the paperwork they asked for. He said they asked for about 1/4 of the paperwork that he had brought. She read all the paperwork and said she would give the file to the consular officer and to take a seat.

At 2:50 p.m., he was called again. He said the man was very cold and business-like. He had him put his finger on the machine for his fingerprints. Then he asked him:

Where did you meet?

Did you know you will be her third husband?

Do you know you are marrying an older woman?

Do you have a problem with that?

Do you speak English?

What job will you do when you get to America?

Then they told him to go buy the Chronopost envelope, so he ran to the post office and then came back. When he got back inside, there was no one there at the windows or in the waiting area. He said, "Hellooooo???" A girl came out and phoned the consular officer saying that my fiance was back.

He waited for 10-15 minutes, then the consular officer came back out, took the choronopost envelope and asked if Guillaume was missing anything else, he responded no, the consular officer said "Okay, perfect, you'll have your visa in 7-10 days."

He asked for no proof of our relationship (he had brought one entire photo album full of pictures).

He asked when my fiance planned to arrive in the US

He gave my fiance a phone number to call if he needs to leave the US (not sure what that is)

All in all, they talked for 2-3 minutes, the consular officer was cold but polite, he was American, spoke to Guillaume in French until he asked him if he spoke English, then Guillaume started speaking in English and told him he lived in London for 2 or 3 years to learn the language.

He just booked his flight, and he's arriving in JFK (come on EAD stamp!) on Wednesday, May 2 at 3:15!!

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance::dance:

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

had my immunization info transferred in I-693a thank God!

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

May 13, 2007- item was delivered in CHICAGO IL

May 16, 2007- AOS/EAD NOA recieved

June 2, 2007- Biometrics Appointment Date

June 21,2007-AOS transferred to California Service Center

July 10, 2007-I-485 Card production Ordered

July 11, 2007-Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

July 13, 2007-Approval notice sent- I-485

July 19, 2007- Green Card Arrived! Wooohooo!

July 24, 2007- I passed my driving written test!

August 22, 2007 Passed my road test and started my work!

April 2009- Removing Conditions Applied

September 11 -got my 10 Year green card! yahooo!

December 2010- Apply for Citizenship

Thank you so much!

I can't believe he's coming in a month! Okay, a month and a week. I better get to work on my apartment!

Remove Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yippey! I am so excited for you!

Kathy

Mailed I129F Petition to NSC 10/21/2006

Interview 04/02/2007

Visa approved! 04/02/2007

Francisco arrives through Miami 05/01/2007

MARRIED! 05/11/2007

AOS/EAD received in Chicago 06/15/2007

NOA1 for AOS/EAD 06/20/2007

RFE 07/14/2007

RFE received and case processing resumed 07/20/2007

Biometrics 07/23/2007

AOS transfer to CSC 08/10/2007

AOS pending at CSC 08/16/2007

EAD approved 08/25/2007

EAD received 09/04/2007

Yippey! I am so excited for you!

Kathy

Hey Kathy!! Funny to see you here! Didn't I say the age thing would come up? :)

Remove Conditions

Thank you so much everyone! :)

He's on his way out to dinner with a couple of friends. I just wish I could celebrate with him.

I'm finally settling down a little bit. I'm glad American Idol is on tonight to take my mind off of the stress!

Remove Conditions

Congratulations!!!

I hope you two are together in a flash!

Sue

Thank you so much, I think this next month is going to FLY by!

Remove Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.