Isabel

other options if he is in the army?

4 posts in this topic

Hi out there,

I just got a link to this fantastic site. It is great to have all the information on one site. My husband and I tried to get information so hard but it seemed like everybody tells a different story :s. However.

I am German and I just got married to my husband last week in Germany. One day after the marriage he had to leave to get to his new base in Maryland. That was great :unsure:. Well so it is not that long, but I already miss him so terribly.

I intend to join him over there but there are so many problems. First of all a soldier's wife told me she also got married in Germany and it would be possible that he get his PCS orders amended and add me. So I could join him within a few weeks. But I really dont know if she is right. I keep in contact with my husband's 1SGT. She told me that it might be possible as well, but I have no idea if I just need the passport and his amended orders. This soldiers wife told me that I may apply for my visa in Maryland as soon as I get there.

Today I got a new email from the 1SGT and she told me I will need a visa and I may apply. So what?

At all Im just confused because many things didnt work out like we thought they would.

It is frustrating to stuck in Germany and not be able to do anything.

So has anyone here experienced a similar thing? I would love to hear some good news after all those bad in the last days :(.

Best regards,

Isabel

OUR TIMELINE

01/20/06...married

02/28/06...NOA1....I-130 VSC

May 2006..Medical in Frankfurt

06/14/06...I-130 approved via email [day 111]

06/19/06...NOA2....I-130 received via mail

07/10/06...talked to embassy to expedite the process

07/12/06...NVC stated case completed and sent to FRANKFURT[day 147]

07/17/06...received packet 3 from embassy

07/29/06...received packet 4

08/15/06...INTERVIEW at 7:30am- APPROVED

08/21/06...VISA received

08/23/06...Flight to US

08/23/06...I am back home

09/20/06...received greencard in mail

09/27/06...received SSC in Mail

09/23/07...our daughter was born :)

30/05/07...filed for Removal of Conditions

07/05/08...received NOA for I-751

01/07/08...college here I come :)

waiting for biometrics and Approval.....

usa1.gifKeith & IsabelgermanyWHT_rd30.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need a visa. I belive that you can have your interview expedited since your husband is in military :unsure:

Sheila (F)

Edited by nakashima ayumi

IV IR-5 Timeline for Parents

USCIS

08/02/2016 - sent I-130 application for my parents via USPS Priority Mail

08/05/2016 - Priority Date

08/08/2016 - NOA1s Notice date

08/09/2016 - NOA1s text message and email received

08/10/2016 - money orders: cashed

08/13/2016 - received NOA1s in the mail

08/24/2016 - touched

12/27/2016 - Cases Approved! (148 days or 4 months and 26 days total)

---

NVC

01/12/2017 - NVC Welcome Letters Received (Case Number + Invoice Number)

01/13/2017 - Completed DS-261

01/25/2017 - Received IV Fee

01/26/2017 - Paid AOS fee

01/30/2017 - Paid IV Fees

02/03/2017 - Completed IV and AR Application

02/23/2017 - sent NVC packets via USPS Priority Mail (note: I have to wait for my mom's police certificate, so there was a bit of a delay before I can send the package)

02/27/2017 - packets received at 11:30 am signed by N Visa Center

03/01/2017 - Scan Date

05/06/2017 - Case Completed

05/12/2017 - NVC scheduled the interview!

06/02/2017 - Medical (06/14 to 06/15 - Dad's Sputum Test)

06/16/2017 - Mom's Interview Date (Approved!)

:crying: damnit. but thanks a lot for this response anyway

best regards

Isabel

OUR TIMELINE

01/20/06...married

02/28/06...NOA1....I-130 VSC

May 2006..Medical in Frankfurt

06/14/06...I-130 approved via email [day 111]

06/19/06...NOA2....I-130 received via mail

07/10/06...talked to embassy to expedite the process

07/12/06...NVC stated case completed and sent to FRANKFURT[day 147]

07/17/06...received packet 3 from embassy

07/29/06...received packet 4

08/15/06...INTERVIEW at 7:30am- APPROVED

08/21/06...VISA received

08/23/06...Flight to US

08/23/06...I am back home

09/20/06...received greencard in mail

09/27/06...received SSC in Mail

09/23/07...our daughter was born :)

30/05/07...filed for Removal of Conditions

07/05/08...received NOA for I-751

01/07/08...college here I come :)

waiting for biometrics and Approval.....

usa1.gifKeith & IsabelgermanyWHT_rd30.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi out there,

I just got a link to this fantastic site. It is great to have all the information on one site. My husband and I tried to get information so hard but it seemed like everybody tells a different story :s. However.

I am German and I just got married to my husband last week in Germany. One day after the marriage he had to leave to get to his new base in Maryland. That was great :unsure:. Well so it is not that long, but I already miss him so terribly.

I intend to join him over there but there are so many problems. First of all a soldier's wife told me she also got married in Germany and it would be possible that he get his PCS orders amended and add me. So I could join him within a few weeks. But I really dont know if she is right. I keep in contact with my husband's 1SGT. She told me that it might be possible as well, but I have no idea if I just need the passport and his amended orders. This soldiers wife told me that I may apply for my visa in Maryland as soon as I get there.

Today I got a new email from the 1SGT and she told me I will need a visa and I may apply. So what?

At all Im just confused because many things didnt work out like we thought they would.

It is frustrating to stuck in Germany and not be able to do anything.

So has anyone here experienced a similar thing? I would love to hear some good news after all those bad in the last days :(.

Best regards,

Isabel

Isabel,

If your husband can return to Germany, he may still be allowed to file his petition for you at the Consulate in Frankfurt.

If this is not possible, he will have to file the petition in the US, and you will apply for a visa when it is approved. This will probably take another 8-9+ months.

It is illegal for you to come to the US as a visitor with the plan to immigrate.

You can review the options available to you here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=compare

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.