Mags

What's the Weather Like Where You Are?

139 posts in this topic

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 degrees here. Snowed in mid-Michigan this morning, about an inch. Expecting low 40's and rain for the rest of the day.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Ohhh I bleedin hate the weather at the moment. Actually I've hated it for the past 2 months, but that's another matter. It's -4c and glorious sunshine, but later on it's gonna snow again with more snow tonight. This is on top of the foot of snow we got on Friday night/Saturday. Oh, and we have a lovely temperature of -18c to look forward to tomorrow night! I'm used to this and much colder in January, but March? Stop it. Now. :bonk:

I still planted my broc and cabbage seeds to sit in the window and wait though. :P My baby toms are already an inch high. Anyone else grow veg over here? Hardly anyone does in my town...

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ohhh I bleedin hate the weather at the moment. Actually I've hated it for the past 2 months, but that's another matter. It's -4c and glorious sunshine, but later on it's gonna snow again with more snow tonight. This is on top of the foot of snow we got on Friday night/Saturday. Oh, and we have a lovely temperature of -18c to look forward to tomorrow night! I'm used to this and much colder in January, but March? Stop it. Now. :bonk:

I still planted my broc and cabbage seeds to sit in the window and wait though. :P My baby toms are already an inch high. Anyone else grow veg over here? Hardly anyone does in my town...

We grow veg. We have corn, peppers, potatoes, broccoli, courgettes, toms, strawberries (I know, not veggies), jalapenos, tons of herbs etc etc. One side of the house stays in the sun, so it's perfect.

Can't believe how much snow you've had Lou. I mean we had snow here that lasted a couple of weeks and, as much as I like snow, I was pleased it was gone by the end of the two weeks. Damn girl, you've really been dumped on.

Edited by mags

We grow veg. We have corn, peppers, potatoes, broccoli, courgettes, toms, strawberries (I know, not veggies), jalapenos, tons of herbs etc etc. One side of the house stays in the sun, so it's perfect.

Can't believe how much snow you've had Lou. I mean we had snow here that lasted a couple of weeks and, as much as I like snow, I was pleased it was gone by the end of the two weeks. Damn girl, you've really been dumped on.

Ohh...another green fingered fellow. Or green thumb as they say over here. :blink: We grow broc, cabbage, sprouts, potatoes, leeks, onion, peppers, toms, garlic, herbs, rocket and various other mesclun stuff, radish, beans, peas....anything that will feed us for the summer and beyond!

The snow has been really bad this late season but on average it is not that much. Considering we didn't have any snow on the ground by Christmas, it has been a rare season indeed. The snow is always around from late December until early April. I fooking hate it. :whistle: Though the cross country skiing has been fun...a ####### on my thighs though. :lol:

I spent a month in Indiana visiting inlaws one summer. Never again - the humidity and heat out there is a killer! Your veg will grow like a dream.

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm in Orlando, and it is almost perfect outside.... 67 degrees and sunny/cloudy. It is a bit windy here now, but I like that. AND I'm at Walt Disney World! LOL... well, I'm working... but still, I can't complain a bit.

For everyone else, not to worry... Spring is coming!

Lisa

.png

K-1

4/8/2006 - Met online (Lisa in Orlando, Spencer in London)

10/1/2006 - Met in person (Orlando, Key West, Georgia, St.Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau 10/1-23/2006)

10/18/2006 - Got engaged (somewhere between St. Maarten and Florida)

10/23/2006 - Sent I-129F

10/30/2006 - TSC received I-129F

11/3/2006 - NOA1

11/8/2006 - Touched

11/18/2006 - I-129F was sent to CSC

1/14/2007 - Lisa goes to London & Tenerife to see Spence 1/14-28/2007

1/26/2007 - NOA2 approval!

1/28/2007 - Touched

2/14/2007 - Packet 3 arrived

2/21/2007 - Packet 3 sent

3/01/2007 - packet 4 arrived

3/14/2007 - Medical

3/28/2007 - Interview - APPROVED!

5/4/2007 - POE - Orlando, FL

5/18/2007 - Wedding Day!

5/21/2007 - Apply for SSN

5/29/2007 - Receive SSN in mail

6/27/2007 - Received FL Drivers License!

AOS

6/6/2007 - Mail in packet

6/13/2007 - Received in Chicago

7/20/2007 - Tfr to California

9/28/2007 - APPROVED!!!!!

EAD

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

9/4/2007 - Received the EAD in mail as a surprise!

AP

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

8/29/2007 - Received the AP

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Right now in Buffalo its 32F and we have light snow. UGH! I am so sick of snow! It has snowed every week here since the middle of January. Its also been unusually cold. It better be nicer than this when I go to the UK next month! I need warmth and weather in the 60's will suffice!!

Nice day here so far, 50 degrees f and sunny. The snow is all gone now too!!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sunny, 75-80F. Glorious weekend. I bought deck furniture and plants yesterday. I'm hoping to garden (in pots as I have no yard). I figure I have to start to love to be in the garden, right? My future mother- and sister-in-law love their gardens. Well, they're English, so I suppose that's like saying they love to breathe in and out (gross generalization, I know, but not an unkind stereotype at least).

I tend to kill plants. But I'm going to give it my best effort! Bought some little tomato plants and some flowers and some seeds. Have to find some dirt. But the chance of frost returning is pretty much nil (especially since it never really was here, so it can't come back). Time to plant!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

It is a pleasent enough day here in NC. Very breezy so it makes it a bit cool.

I grow herbs and flowers. Doing a few peppers this year too!

I really don't have the best place for a garden in our house at the moment. But we are looking to buy a new place and it has a perfect place for a garden.

Planning on starting small...a small raised flower bed type garden. I've always called it a pizza garden.

Tomatoes,peppers, herbs....I wanna do some lettuce and cucumbers. I'd love to do some green beans. But just enough for us.

We are very lucky to know a lot of people who have successful gardens so we get a lot of fresh veggies in the spring summer and fall.

ANY one ever grow any asparagus??

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

We're not going to as we don't plan to stay here for long. It takes ages (3 years from seed, and 2 from crowns, I think) to get a crop, but from then on it will keep providing for years to come. The spears that are left to bloom look lovely -- tall and fern-like.

We're not going to as we don't plan to stay here for long. It takes ages (3 years from seed, and 2 from crowns, I think) to get a crop, but from then on it will keep providing for years to come. The spears that are left to bloom look lovely -- tall and fern-like.

thats what I hear...that it takes a while.

The next house we buy I really hope will be our last for a while!

I am sick of moving!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.