kevnles

Manila interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJers,

we now have my fiancees interview in Manila for May! I am now getting the I-134 ready and have a few questions I would like to ask those who may have had the interview.

1. Did you send your fiancee a copy or original letter from the NVC with the bar code?

2. It says in the I-134 "the sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources,as appropriate:" How many of you have made duplicates of statement of employment and statement from a bank officer?

3. If one is at least 3x's above the poverty level should they even include the bank officers statement or mutual fund information,or will the employment statement with the salary on the I-134 line 7 be enough? Thanks and sorry if this has been talked about before.

11/24/06 I-129F mailed

11/30/06 NOA1

2/14/07 touched

2/15/07 NOA2

Timeline
Hello VJers,

we now have my fiancees interview in Manila for May! I am now getting the I-134 ready and have a few questions I would like to ask those who may have had the interview.

1. Did you send your fiancee a copy or original letter from the NVC with the bar code?

2. It says in the I-134 "the sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources,as appropriate:" How many of you have made duplicates of statement of employment and statement from a bank officer?

3. If one is at least 3x's above the poverty level should they even include the bank officers statement or mutual fund information,or will the employment statement with the salary on the I-134 line 7 be enough? Thanks and sorry if this has been talked about before.

Hi Kevnles, I don't think the letter is one of the required documents needed for the interview. As for the I-134, they are looking to make sure you make and or have enough to support her. Try to furnish as many documents as possible. They probably won't want all of them, but it is better to be over prepared and under prepared.

In this site go to Forums, Foreign Embassy Section, Manila Embassy thread, there are lots of people there that will give you lots of info. It is a fantastic thread.

Good luck, Dean

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulaions and best wishes for the rest of the process. Praying for you both that you can be together soon here in the US and begin the rest of your lives.

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Timeline

The W-2's and old tax returns are the main proof. You can include a signed letter from the bank showing deposits if you want, and a couple of old paystub from your employer. Good luck

Met online Sept 2004

My first trip to Cebu ,March 2005

My second trip to Cebu,Oct 2005

File I-129 Nov 22nd,2005 Nebraska SVC

NOA 1, Dec 5,2005

NOA 2, Dec 16,2005

Packet received in Manila Consulate Jan 11th, 2006

My 3rd trip Feb, 2006

St Lukes exam date - May 2nd- Passed

Interview Date- May 16th

Got the Visa !! May26, 2006

June 6th, 2006 Rosemarie in Indiana

August 19th, 2006 , happily married couple !!!!

Oct 11th , Applied for LPR Status

Dec 22nd, Green card arrived

Jan 22nd back to PI for sons visa

Feb 7th St Lukes

Feb 14th Visa Interview

Limbo ?????????

The most important thing is to ensure your fiancee has the notarized 134 with her, the rest can be originals or copies. They never asked for the bank letter or pay stubs during our interview, just the 134. We saw two individuals not prepared during our interview, one was filling out the 134 while waiting (no notary) and another had not paid the visa application fee and had no DS157.

All she needs to get into the embassy is the Apointment letter and a valid ID. Remeber to tell her about the new security measure and not to bring her cell phone unless she has someone outside that can hold it for her. Good luck, Ken

Hello VJers,

Hi Kevnles, I don't think the letter is one of the required documents needed for the interview. As for the I-134, they are looking to make sure you make and or have enough to support her. Try to furnish as many documents as possible. They probably won't want all of them, but it is better to be over prepared and under prepared.

In this site go to Forums, Foreign Embassy Section, Manila Embassy thread, there are lots of people there that will give you lots of info. It is a fantastic thread.

Good luck, Dean

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.