dvddvd

does fiance's daughter need to be at interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello,

my fiance's daughter will follow her at a later date (or we'd like to keep that option open) and we stated that her daughter will follow at a later date on our forms. today, i looked at the interview schedule online and our case # is listed two times. i assume for 2 people (my fiance and her daughter). also, there is a blank on the interview appointment letter that is to have the names of family members not required to be at interview. there are no names listed.

i was under the impression that her daughter will have to go through an entirely different process at a later date and not need be present at my fiance's interview. i think i not be correct.

can anyone explain?

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
hello,

my fiance's daughter will follow her at a later date (or we'd like to keep that option open) and we stated that her daughter will follow at a later date on our forms. today, i looked at the interview schedule online and our case # is listed two times. i assume for 2 people (my fiance and her daughter). also, there is a blank on the interview appointment letter that is to have the names of family members not required to be at interview. there are no names listed.

i was under the impression that her daughter will have to go through an entirely different process at a later date and not need be present at my fiance's interview. i think i not be correct.

can anyone explain?

thank you

I'm sure I'm not the best person to answer this, but this post has slipped on to page 2 without an answer, so.... BUMP.

Did your fiancee file paperwork for her daughter when she filed her own visa application(s)?

How old is her daughter? How soon will she be following to join you? I believe she must follow within 1 year.

I believe each Consulate has its own rules about K2 interviews, but my husband's son, who was 9 at the time, was interviewed in Nepal.

Sounds like they are expecting to interview your future stepdaughter.

Here are some FAQ's about K2 visas that may help:

http://faq.visapro.com/K2-Visa-FAQ.asp

Maybe someone who did the "follow to join" thing will come along with more info (my stepson traveled with us back to the US, so I'm not sure about the details/timing of "follow to join").

Best wishes!

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Timeline

dvddvd,

The daughter will go through the same visa application process at a later date.

The daughter should not have to be at the interview with her mother if she has not yet applied for a visa. Perhaps the 'following to join' information was overlooked by clerical staff or the case officer, although I would think that it's common enough it's probably not the norm.

If it's not too inconvenient it might be a prudent idea to bring the girl to the interview just in case she's asked for and the case officer has some reason in mind, other than the possibility of the daughter's visa application, for wanting to see the daughter. I can't think of what that might be, so if it's not convenient to have the daughter come along I personally would not bring them to Bangkok from upcountry to attend your fiancee's interview.

Yodrak

hello,

can anyone explain?

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
dvddvd,

The daughter will go through the same visa application process at a later date.

The daughter should not have to be at the interview with her mother if she has not yet applied for a visa. Perhaps the 'following to join' information was overlooked by clerical staff or the case officer, although I would think that it's common enough it's probably not the norm.

If it's not too inconvenient it might be a prudent idea to bring the girl to the interview just in case she's asked for and the case officer has some reason in mind, other than the possibility of the daughter's visa application, for wanting to see the daughter. I can't think of what that might be, so if it's not convenient to have the daughter come along I personally would not bring them to Bangkok from upcountry to attend your fiancee's interview.

Yodrak

hello,

can anyone explain?

thank you

thanks for the responses. we'll most likely play it safe and have her there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.