Melo

Had not wanted to say anything

19 posts in this topic

Things seem to be going downhill again. I had not wanted to say anything but I am really close to falling apart... I have been phoning the USCIS - they refuse to give me information. I have been told that I am not entitled to it; one of those that I spoke to even said that it was someone else's case - so I said my fiance petitioned for me... there was a gruding yes when I gave them Paul's full name - followed by you are not entitled to any information. Paul called them yesterday and he was livid - told me never to ask him to call that place again. Well I called again today and was told that they could not give me information. I told them that as far as we know they can give info to the petitioner and the beneficiary - I was asked where I heard that so told them it is on the automated system when you call - so they said only general info to the beneficiary. I was told that the petition was either at the NVC or on its way to the Consulate. I was asked to tell Paul to call - I said he called yesterday and he was not given any info. This woman said you mean he was not given info he wants.

I then phoned the NVC - was asked to send them a fax of the NOA2 with Attn: WC followed by an address written on it. Paul sent them such a fax some weeks ago. Anyway, I phoned Paul and he is still in a vile mood from yesterday's encounter with the USCIS.

A short while ago, I got an email that I have copied below. I do not know what is happening and I am falling apart... can anyone advise me as to what should be done?

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On March 14, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On March 14, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This message means that they responded to you by email or sent you a letter, its probably an automatic email which doesnt mean anything, we got those too, usually telling us to wait another 60 days and then try to contact them again, it happend to us three times already after calling them every month trying to find out what is going on but nothing has changed for 3 months, I dont understand the way the USCIS work.......

AOS journey

09-29-2006 getting married

10-20-2006 send AOS + EAD

10-26-2006 NOA

11-01-2006 touch AOS

11-14-2006 biometric appt.

11-03-2006 email from CRIS about RFE

11-27-2006 RFE sent back

12-06-2006 email that they received RFE

12-07-2006 touch AOS

12-12-2006 touch AOS

12-13-2006 touch AOS

12-26-2006 letter about AOS Interview date

01-25-2007 AOS touched

01-28-2007 email from CRIS EAD approved, card is being issued

01-28-2007 AOS touched

02-01-2007 recieved EAD card in mail :-)

02-06-2007 Interview, not approved FBI name check pending

02-08-2007 touch

03-20-2007 email from CRIS: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

03-21-2007 touch

03-23-2007 email from CRIS: card production ordered

03-26-2007 touch

03-30-2007 Welcome to the United states of america letter received

03-31-2007 Green card received (for 2 years)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
:thumbs: Relax now, the dark hole period is almost over. Once they've sent it to NVC sometimes it takes 2 weeks or so to get to the consulate because it's sent via packet mail meaning it's grabbed every week or so and sent out all at once. Believe me your almost there, hang on help is coming.

All done for the next 10 years...

Now more then ever..."and Miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

melo, hun, you NEED to relax! Seriously, before your brain explodes! And I am saying this very respectfully. :)

You are K-1, NVC is not an integral part of the process, and they won't give you much info at all, so there is no use in getting your body stressed out for nothing. You are so close to being at the consulate stage! Paul is right, stop calling them, and concentrate on the ultimate goal -- your interview. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

:thumbs: Relax now, the dark hole period is almost over. Once they've sent it to NVC sometimes it takes 2 weeks or so to get to the consulate because it's sent via packet mail meaning it's grabbed every week or so and sent out all at once. Believe me your almost there, hang on help is coming.

I think you are completely misunderstanding the situation. The OP received their NOA2 on December 29th! If things were going normally they should have been through the NVC long ago and already onto the consulate. (Melo if I'm getting your story wrong just tell me!).

I really hope you get the situation resolved soon!! Good luck! :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Timeline

Oh well yuck! I am sorry Melo, I did not know that! Ugh.

*hugs to you, girl!*

I personally am very concerned about you, it sounds like you are someone who internalizes stress, like me. Please take care of yourself, even it means punching a pillow to death, you know?

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I think you are completely misunderstanding the situation. The OP received their NOA2 on December 29th! If things were going normally they should have been through the NVC long ago and already onto the consulate. (Melo if I'm getting your story wrong just tell me!).

I really hope you get the situation resolved soon!! Good luck! :)

You are correct in what you say... a few weeks ago we were told they had sent it to the NRC instead of the NVC - they said they had asked for them to send it back... we were touched on the 7th March... but the NVC has not got it... the USCIS won't tell us anything... Paul is livid coz of the manner in which they spoke to him yesterday and I am reaching breaking point.

Thank you Cassie for your concern... I am extremely stressed... just don't know what to do anymore

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It took a while for my petition to make it through the NVC, this is not terribly unusual. If you search around here, there is a telephone number for the state department in DC. I had much more luck getting information from them (they answered the phone immediately, had actual information about the petition. ) In my case, it was sent to the FBI for some additional checking. NVC said nothing about this.

Unfortonately, that phone number isn't well advertised. If you look around here, you should be able to find it without too much effort.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: Timeline

Melo,

'personal privacy' is a big issue in the USA - way over-emphasized by some, in my opinion, but that's the way it is. As a result, many organizations including the USCIS will not give out information to anyone other than the principal - not even someone who is intimately involved in the situation.

The frustrating fact of the matter is that it's your husband's petition, he is the only person to whom information should be released.

Another frustraing fact of the matter is that the USCIS NCSC phone personnel simply do not have any detailed information on individual cases - they don't have access to any more information than what you can see yourself on the USCIS web site.

As frustrated as you are with them, they are probably just as frustrated that they can't do any more than they can and callers expect more more of them.

Yodrak

... I have been phoning the USCIS - they refuse to give me information. I have been told that I am not entitled to it; one of those that I spoke to even said that it was someone else's case - so I said my fiance petitioned for me... there was a gruding yes when I gave them Paul's full name - followed by you are not entitled to any information. ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh my dear...this situations totally sucks...I can not believe the run around that you are getting ...My heart goes out to you and I wish I had something more constructive or informative to ad but all I can say; take care of yourself...I will look around for that number mentioned by one of the members I think I may have it somewhere in my docs...good luck

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

Hang in there honey.

This may be a naive suggestion, but would it help to get government officials involved? Can Paul contact congresspeople?

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Aww 'Nita hun! *HUGS* You have GOT to stop calling the NVC - its just making your stress worse - have Paul do it, you HAVE to step back for a bit or you're gonna make yourself ill!

Yodrak is bang on when he mentions the privacy issue - Paul should be doing the legwork because if they tell anyone, it'll be him and not you, and the continual brush offs you're getting will just send your blood pressure thru the ceiling. Try and remember that the level of your panic and anxiety won't make them move one IOTA faster than they are already - and it might end up putting you in health issues.

Many many hugs and mojo to you sweetie..

I agree btw about getting Paul to ask his congress person to see if they can sort thru the confusion on his behalf.

(F)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Melo, you are putting my gripe into persepective ;) and I am feeling down but I can certainly relate to how you are feeling, loads of MOJO to you and *****HUGS****** by the boat load

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

You know I just love all of you... you get me through this... thank you for everything (F)

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can only imagine how stressed you have been feeling, Anita (F)

I know it is easy to say but so hard to do but try to relax a lil bit... I am sure you don't want to get to the end of this falling apart in pieces do you ? ?:P j/k :)

Hang in there, sweetie.. we are with you (F)

Edited by Lisz
brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.