20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After so much wating we get another bull ###### letter from CRIS basically to make the long story short:

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below."

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I dont know what is going on. Did they just pick on us to mess with us??????? This is crazy since we got the notice of action JUNE 2006 AND STILL NOT APPROVAL. =0(

NOW i GET AN EMAIL FROM MY LAYWER..... she never bothered to update my husbands biographic informatin data sheet. When we sent off our pettitions my husband was not exactly sure on his parents birth dates so that was left blank. By the time he was able to confirm the dates we already had both NOA1 for the I130 and I129F. I asked my lawyer to still go ahead and write to USCIS to update this on my husnands file but she did not do it. Since we havd not heard any thing yet she is barely going to do it and she also sent me this email and shes freaking me out. I dont know if she will make things worse.

Lawyer

I did not submit s copy of your husband's birth certificate as it is not required by the I-130. As

I said earlier, if USCIS needs information such as birth dates, birth certificates etc. they will

normally request for it. I have not receivied any request for Further Evidence. To me, it looks

like they are investigating something much deeper and it may be possible that it could have some

relation to them picking Adiel up at the airport. Has Adiel done any visits to Pakistan or Middle

Eastern countries such as Afganistan, Saudi Arabia or anything like that? I know that he resides

in Britain and is of Pakistan descent. There is something that we do not know about because this

extended processing time is ridiculous. What I will do is to write to them giving them information

about the birthdates, and Adiel's birth certificate PLUS I will indicate in the letter if there is

anything else I can do to speed up the process.

Me

Sharlene, Adiel has not visited Pakistan recently. He went to Pakistan to visit family when he was a baby about 3 years old and some other time when he was a teenager or early twenties. Other than that he has never frequented Pakistan. He did not even go to his own brothers wedding last month for the same reason, because we were afraid that if he did it would just delay our process even more. As you can imagine it was heart breaking for him and his family that he was not at the his brothers wedding. We appreciate all your help Sharlene.

Lawyer

I feel so sorry for him. It must be terrible to miss out on his brother's wedding. As I said

earlier, I will give them the additional information and also specificallt request VIA LETTER if

they can let me know what is required to speed up the process a little more. I think I am going to

say that you and him need to get married the traditional way (i.e) in Church, he is due to come

here for conversion etc. Maybe the conversion point might take their minds off any investigation

about matters such as terrorism etc. I really do not know. Tomorrow, I will work on this letter

and give you a copy.

#######??? with the part that he is coming here for conversion??? When we comes we have plans to have traditional religious catholic wedding with but he is not coverting. My husband and I had a civil marriage done, it was just with him and I and a nikka ceremony at a mosque. The Imman said his prayers and declared us husband and wife and also gave us our islamic marriage certificate. We have both our islamic marriage certificate and the civil marriage license. Like many others, our plans are to have our traditional wedding at the church and the whole shabang when he arrives here. Why in the world does my laywer think that saying he is coming here for a conversion good???? Do you guys really think she has a point??? I need to calm down before i contact her. Please give me your advice.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

As a practicing Muslim, I would assume that any Muslim engaging as a bride or groom in a traditional Catholic wedding had plans to convert to Catholocism. Maybe that's your lawyer's thinking too. Anyway, she sounds like a lousy lawyer and I would give her the boot.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

I think that whole "conversion" thing is crazy. Of course I'm not a lawyer, but it doesn't sound like she knows what she's talking about. I do know that sometimes people who are Muslims living in Europe get extended background checks, etc. So I wouldn't assume, as she does, that there's something you don't know about him, that he's made trips to other countries, etc.

Maybe it's time to give her the boot and take matters into your own hands; or just start working on it on your own, independently of her. Have you already contacted your senators and congressional representative? They may be able to give you more information about what is going on.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yf_s.jpg

You're FIRED!

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
yf_s.jpg

You're FIRED!

here's another thread that would work on

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry764050

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yes I have started working independently I contacted both my senator and my congressman this was back in late Jan early Feb. I have kept in contact with them but still not news. One good thing that did happen after I contacted them was that I started getting touches again. This lawyer of mine has not even dawned on the possiblity of doing a congressinal inquery.

As far as the religion factor goes....since neither my husband and I are converting we agreed to get married in both religions. Thats why we went to the mosque and got that ceremony done. The catholic wedding is possible also and he does not have to convert to catholocisim for the marriage to take place in our church. I also have a aother friend of mine who happens to be Mexican American and is Catholic and married a pakistani Muslim. They did the same thing got married in both traditions. It just thicked me off what this lawyer suggested. By suggesting conversion to make them think better of my husband. UFFFFF. Thats one messed up thing especially because she is south asian herself. At any rate im going to keep proactive on my own and Im going to get a packet together of the new evidence that is NOW requiered for the I-130 and I will send that in in hopes that it will help get our approval. Planning on sending a time line, pics, plane tickets, emails, phone records, copies of sail mail letters I have from my hubby. and a form that shoes we will be filing our taxes jointly, and affidavits from friends and family. Sigh Im going to move mountains and oceans to be with my husband. I think that if this lawyer of mine writes that to USCIS it will make things worse. Im going to tell her to go ahead and update the birthdate issue but not to write stupid things like she suggested. What do you all think? Am I on the right track?

Edited by The_dip_sticks

It sounds as if your lawyer is not familar with the security cecks put in place after 9/11. From immigration it sounds as if he was flagged for adminstrative processing (extended security checks) possible due to a series of false name hits, but i am just guessing on that. If his name is common (including transliteration and similar names) it takes a long time to sort through the false hits. It's not just Muslim names, but any name that is on a long list of names gathered by the government (both internally with Dept of Homland security and externally with Department of State)

The lawyer will not have a lot of pull in getting through this mess, but maybe your congressional reps will have better access.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Oh and do not let her add any information about conversion. It is totally not relevant to the security checks and since it is not true, it may only complicate your petition. The Catholic Chruch will certainly allow you to marry a nonCatholic.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Thanks for all your suggestions. This is what I wrote back to her.

Sharlene, thank you for updating the birth dates. As far as the conversion thing we don't feel positive about that. We will be having a catholic wedding for my parents sake but my husband will not be converting as its not necessary to do so in my religion. Perhaps just asking what is required to speed up the process, as we are out normal processing time would be better. In my opinion saying that he will he is coming here for a religious ceremony and converting would make things strange. I don't really feel they will understand that purpose of a religious ceremony since we have been married since Dec of 2004. They will think " they are married , yet he is coming to have a religious marriage ceremony?" Discussing this with my husbands we feel this will only complicate and confuse things even more. Please email me the letter so that we can review it before you send it off.

Thank you,

Since I have contacted one senator and my congressman I will contact my other senator and ask them to see if they can weave out of this mess. Yes my husband has a very common last name "Khan" so Im sure we are stuck in there some where. Maybe the new evidence, and the updated missing birth dates of my in laws will help. Should I send in a copy of my husbands birth certificate and copy of his university diploma/degree, pictures, emails and phone records and joint tax return?

Edited by The_dip_sticks

UPDATE

got two sad letters today: Case is pending because they have on going security checks. How long does this take A decidion will not be made untill your security checks have been cleared.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HOW MUCH LONGER 4 MONTHS AND IT WILL BE A YEAR

There are many here who have been through this and some going through this. I do not know the right words to comfort you, but i do know eventually it will be finished.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.