LuciaNBart

Changing the embassy

6 posts in this topic

What do you mean? :blink:

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I meant that in the form we sent we wrote that we want to apply for K-1 visa in Guangzhou, China (because we are currently living in China). But right now we are thinking to change it to US embassy in Moscow, Russia (in fiance's home country). Is it possible to change somehow without filing a new form?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I would check with the embassy before you put any request in writing. It could be a big hassle and delay things for you. I had to make a change in embassy and it set us back 2 months. Just because you put China down on the form, doesn't necessarily mean they will schedule your interview there. I have read about other couples who were assigned a different embassy for interview than the one indicated on the I-129; wait and see what they do. If you must change, you will probably have to have your fiance' make the request through the embassy in Russia, but check with the embassy to be sure...Good luck.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hi, i put down melbourne australia as the embassy for the interview on my form but it turns out they don't do k1 interviews and it has to be done in sydney, australia. any advice on if and how i need to change this?

many thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
hi, i put down melbourne australia as the embassy for the interview on my form but it turns out they don't do k1 interviews and it has to be done in sydney, australia. any advice on if and how i need to change this?

many thanks

It probably won't make a difference if all K1 interviews have to be held in Sydney. There are a number of consulates in Brazil, but only the one in Rio handles K1 cases, so it doesn't matter which you choose because it will inevitably be in Rio.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.