Captain Oates

help please with NOA1 number

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

thanks for that folks - my problem is that there are only 9 digits on the back of the check so i was trying to figure out what positions 3 4 and 5 should be

given 24 hours with my pencil i could probably figure the likely work days from October 1 to a couple of days before the check was cashed

however I am in big trouble here at home for obsessing so i will try and wait some more... but if we lose another 2 months and have to submit another application it will be awful.. we will be 4 months behind schedule to even start again

I know all the things that can go wrong even though they have cashed the check

once I get noa1 the rest of the process is easy right ? let's hope

thanks again alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wouldn't say easy but definitely easier...

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Just try calling USCIS and have them transfer you to an immigration officer. Tell them your check has been cashed, but you cant read the the receipt number on the back of it. The immigration officer will look up your name and give you your case number. Just be patient because we were put on hold for about 45 minutes before we were able to talk to an officer.

Thats what we did to get our case number, because we also couldn't read the number on the back of our cashed check (and we still have not received our NOA1 in the mail). The officer was surprisingly very friendly. Just make sure they hear you clearly in the way you spell your name. If one letter is off your information will not come up.

Good luck

I-130 for CR-1

11/18/06 :: Married in Philippines

12/04/06 :: I-130 Mailed

12/12/06 :: I-130 Received at TSC (Transfered to CSC)

12/15/06 :: Processing Fee Check Cleared Bank

03/06/07 :: NOA2*

03/07/07 :: Touched

03/28/07 :: NVC Case Number Assigned

04/23/07 :: DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Generated

05/02/07 :: AOS Fee Bill Sent in via Express Mail

05/03/07 :: DS3032 (Choice of Agent) Approved via email

05/07/07 :: IV Fee Bill Generated

05/22/07 :: I-864 Packet Arrived in Mail / I-864 Form Sent into NVC

05/22/07 :: IV Fee Bill Sent in via Express Mail

06/02/07 :: Received letter stating that missing/incomplete information was needed. (After calling NVC, the only missing information was our DS230 form).

06/18/07 :: Sent in DS230 from Philippines

06/22/07 :: DS230 Received at NVC

07/03/07 :: Case Completed

07/18/07 :: Case Forwarded to Manila Embassy

08/22/07 - 08/23/07 :: Medical Exam (St. Lukes)

08/27/07 :: Interview Date Scheduled *VISA GRANTED*

*(We never received a NOA1 for our case, however, we obtained our case number by looking at the back of our cashed check and calling USCIS for confirmation. We did receive TWO NOA2 in the mail after the I-130 was approved).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just in case you didn't think about it, you need a copy of the actual NOA-1 to submit with the I-129F if you are going K-3. You will have to wait regardless of learning the actual receipt number. Too bad about you initial delay, I hope everything goes smoothly from now on! We just need to accept delays, where ever they come, the average time usually evens out. I am waiting over 90 days for my NOA-2's, far above the CSC average, and more than double the VSC average. I am filing I-824 to continue the CR-1(I-130) and hoping to get the interview without paying the new fee increases in Oct. Good Luck, Mike

married in Nanning 10/28/06 I-130 mailed 11/24/06 I-129F mailed 12/8/06

I-130 & I-129F both approved 3/1/07

I-824 sent 3/9/07 K-3 sent to GUZ 3/15/07

K-3 P-3 sent 5/30/07 P-3 ret'd 5/31/07 (P-3 rec'd by mail 6/7/07)

rec'd P-4 6/27/07 interview 8/8/07 (rec'd P-4 by mail 7/3/07)

Interview 8/8/07 "PINK" entered US 8/27/07

Rec'd approved I-824 & re-approved I-130 10/11/07

after 12.5 mo. DHS Ombudsman sends I-130 to NVC 10/30/08, and asks for case to be expedited

NVC rec'd 12/26/08, NVC to GUZ 1/5/09,

NVC sends email to GUZ requesting Expedite 1/9 or 1/14? DOS says "waiting for interview date" 2/9

INTERVIEW 4/28/2009 P-4 delivered to US in 6 days via FedEx 3/26/2009

4/28/2009 INTERVIEW PINK ! ! ! !

VISA PICK-UP 4/30/2009 9:50 AM

Enter IR-1 POE Chicago "ORD", SS Card 6/27/09, welcome letter 7/2/09

10 YEAR GREEN CARD 7/6/2009

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline
Story so far > filed early January with Nebraska -usc wife's last address > they sent it to California who sent it back to us in the UK saying file in London

Filed in London - they sent it again to Nebraska 6th Feb - now sweating on NOA 1- so much can go wrong

Carolyn rang her bank and her cheque (check) cleared 23rd February

on the back are 2 numbers

the first is 9 long and starts with 0710

the second is 10 long and starts with 6118

Tried to register the case on line by trying both these numbers with either CSC (California)or LIN(Nebraska) in front of the number - as i believe the I-130's for Nebraska are sent to California ???

It wont accept either !!!!

and still no NOA1 !

2 months into this and no NOA 1 !!!!

Everyone gets NOA1 in 3 days - so this is really despairing time - I know if we ring they will do nothing without the number

any clues please as to how we can discover if we have a case number ?

thanks Alan

hi ,you wont get a case number until you receive your noa1 ,then it will start with wac xxxxxxxxx

hi ,you wont get a case number until you receive your noa1 ,then it will start with wac xxxxxxxxx

Please try to understand the process before you put things like this, this is complete rubbish, YOU can get your case number before by looking at the back of the cheque, online banking usually does the trick. If you do not have online banking then a quick trip to the bank and the clerk will look it up for you.

If you are patient then the NO1 is the best way to obtain your information, only if the service centre sends you the damn thing, we had to ring numerous times to obtain one.

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

The letters designate the service center, not the case type.

EAC = VSC (formerly Eastern Adjudications Center)

WAC = CSC (formerly Western Adjudications Center)

SRC = TSC (formerly Southern R-something Center)

LIN = NSC (as saywhat realizes based on the city where it's located)

MSC = NBC (formerly Missouri Service Center)

After the 3 alpha digits come 10 numeric digits. The first 2 indicate the fiscal year, presently 07.

The next 3 indicate the day of the fiscal year, I forget if it's calendar days or working days.

The next 1 digit used to always be a 5 for cases that were of a type that are in the TIERS system and are trackable. This would include the I-129f and I-130 petitions. But I've also seen a 6 in that spot for an I-129f petition.

The last 4 digits is the sequence number for cases entered that day.

Yodrak

As far as i know, case numbers all start with 3 letters. WAC is one sequence, I dont know what determines which letters they use, maybe the case type.

But anyway its printed in the endorsement of the check, 4th line down.

I reckon the letters are the service center - eg California Service center is CSC and nebraska is LIN (LINcoln nebraska)..

I will ask Carolyn to call the bank again and search for clues....

Does anyone have a recent California NOA1 which starts 0710 or 6118 ?

Edited by Yodrak

arwensun,

Ummmmmmmm....not necessarily. The LIN07xxxxxxxx number on the back of the check for my wife's I-751 petition was not the same as the Receipt Number on the NOA. I have recently been seeing a few reports from other VJers who had the same experience.

This back of the check thing is not always reliable, the NOA is.

Yodrak

Please try to understand the process before you put things like this, this is complete rubbish, YOU can get your case number before by looking at the back of the cheque, .....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

This will be very helpful for everybody:

visa_status.gif

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.