31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Me and my fiance sent all of the original K1 forms off in November 05 they were accepted on 6th December and i got the second se of forms through here in England ..... i got everything i needed to get and then sent the forms away 3 weeks ago and am still waiting any news ... they will not reply to any emails and the embassy will not give me any information on the phone. I get married on April 5th and am worried out of my mind!!! everything is booked and all of my family are coming accross!!!!

Has anybody got any advice on what i can do next?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Ouch....not much to tell you except that it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get your date scheduled fromt he time they get the forms back. That's why they tell you not to plan anything before you have the visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

eeek! Did you have a look at other timelines through England - i don't think they have much sympathy for people that have gone ahead and booked their weddings, sorry.

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Timeline

I know ..... the timing has not been great ....so i guess i have now got to try and fly there get married and come back after the wedding and start a new process as a huband instead as a fiance!!! just hope i can get through the port of entry

Filed: Timeline

Oh dear, looks like you did a bit of a boo boo by booking your wedding without getting your visa first, you could try e-mailing the Embassy a bit more, try e-mailing them late at night so it is near the top of the pile in the morning, I cannot see them not replying, even if it is the standard e-mail they do reply. Do you have the correct e-mail address which is LondonConsular@state.gov. Anyway good luck with your visa.

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

I know ..... the timing has not been great ....so i guess i have now got to try and fly there get married and come back after the wedding and start a new process as a huband instead as a fiance!!! just hope i can get through the port of entry

Not a good idea there. It's ok to have a wedding as long as it's not a legal marriage. If you got legally married, you will not qualify for a K-1, and will have to obtain a different visa. Be careful in your choice of ceremony.

Timeline

hmmm i never thought of that .... could just register our marriage after the k1 prcess is finished and just go over for the ceremony next month!!!! never even thought of that . i was just going to return to the US and start a whole new process.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You really need to be careful in marriage and coming back and then registering it later. You could be denied the visa all together and or banned spouse from coming into the USA. I suggest you email them again and they should respond to your emails if only a canned response like Janice said. Otherwise if you marry overseas and come back you will have to restart the process as a K3 or CR1. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

I can see what you are saying but i dont see that i have any choice!!! i have to go over and get married on april 5th i just need to figure out a plan to get there and for after the wedding

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

At the risk of sounding like a naggy relative, please explore ALL alternatives before you conclude you really have no choice but to get married on Apr 5. If you are not prepared to abandon your K1 visa process in order to file for either a CR1 or K3 visa, you MUST find a way to change the wedding date.

EDIT: I just re-read what I typed while eating my lunch at work. I hope you don't get offended. It would just be a terrible day if you end up getting banned from entering the US. Please please please explore ALL alternatives with your fiance before you make a decision.

Edited by Ephesia

Timeline

You make a fare comment! I would do anything i can to keep the K1 process going but all of my family have booked in to come across for the wedding already and the dates are all set over there!!!! The only way i can see making the wedding happen and keeping it legal is to fly across there on a visa waiver asap and just return after the wedding and start the k3? process all over again

I can see what you are saying but i dont see that i have any choice!!! i have to go over and get married on april 5th i just need to figure out a plan to get there and for after the wedding

You do have a choice. You could eat the money that you spent on booking everything.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I cant ask my family to change all of their plans!!!! they have spent so much money on flights and accomodation ... if i had the money to pay them all of i would but i hav not!!!!!!

You make a fare comment! I would do anything i can to keep the K1 process going but all of my family have booked in to come across for the wedding already and the dates are all set over there!!!! The only way i can see making the wedding happen and keeping it legal is to fly across there on a visa waiver asap and just return after the wedding and start the k3? process all over again

And what do you do if you are denied entry to the US? There is always that chance.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

And what do you do if you are denied entry to the US? There is always that chance.

And the chance of denial at POE increases significantly if they ask the purpose of your visit and you answer "I'm entering the US to attend my own wedding". And if you happen to lie about your true purpose, that's a whole different ballgame.

Edited by scy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.