12 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of submitting the following evidence when filing the I-129F:

- my passport, with two entries into Tanzania in the past year or so

- a record of my calling card order history - doesn't say where I called, but showed that I spent lots of money

- three or four photos

- a record of us purchasing a PO Box in Tanzania together

- three envelopes that I sent to him (but addressed to his brother, because he didn't have a box at that time... will this be a problem? I'm planning on attaching an explanation)

- two envelopes that he sent me

I don't really want to include emails, since they're personal and his typing is sometimes incomprehensible to the untrained eye.

Is this sufficient?

You may want to include a couple of more pictures, if you can. Also, we included emails and blacked out the personal information, it's still proof if both of your email addresses are on it. Do you have your airline info? That's great proof.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I also think it'd be beneficial to send e-mails. Plenty of people have blocked out certain parts. As far as his writing - choose e-mails that are more understandable - that's not a problem.

Do you have your airline stubs?

Hotel receipts?

Receipts to any places you've visited together?

Copies of the letters he sent you?

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You don't need more than three or four photos. That's all I had, and it was fine. I did write in pencil on who was in the photo, the date, and where it was taken. I also used copies of my boarding passes, plus some phone card receipts, a print-out of SMS history (I use SMScountry to send messages to her Safaricom number, and all messages that go back and forth are logged there and can be downloaded), and a few emails. I wasn't too worried about marking out the personal stuff, and after reading SOONERKIEV's comments, it appears that the USCIS employees don't care about that information anyway, but of course it's up to you. Basically what you have is on track.

APR 25, 2006 ARRIVE IN KENYA FOR PH.D. DISSERTATION RESEARCH

JUL 07, 2006 MEET AT CHECK-INN CLUB IN BUSIA, KENYA

SEPT 25, 2006 RETURN TO US

OCT 18, 2006 I129F SUBMITTED

OCT 24, 2006 NOA1 I129F

OCT 24, 2006 BACK TO KENYA

NOV 18, 2006 PROPOSED IN MOMBASA, KENYA (SHE SAID "YES"!)

DEC 26, 2006 NOA2 I129F

DEC 27, 2006 RETURN FROM KENYA

JANUARY, 2006 NVC CAN'T LOCATE PETITION

FEB 14, 2007 LETTERS SENT TO CONGRESSMEN

FEB 15, 2007 CIS CUSTOMER SERVICE SENDS EMAIL TO CSC REQUESTING TRACE ON MY PETITION (SHOULD HEAR BACK W/IN 45 DAYS)

FEB 19, 2007 APPROVED PETITION TOUCHED

FEB 21, 2007 EMAIL FROM CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE SAYING PETITION HAS JUST BEEN RECEIVED BY NVC

FEB 23, 2007 PETITION SENT TO US EMBASSY IN NAIROBI, KENYA

MAR 5, 2007 PICKED UP PACKET 3/4 FROM EMBASSY

MAR 26, 2007 RETURNED PACKET 3 TO EMBASSY

APR 12, 2007 RETURNED MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS TO EMBASSY, HAD INTERVIEW, AND WAS APPROVED!

APR 26, 2007 PICKED-UP VISA FROM EMBASSY

APR 28-29, 2007 NAIROBI-ZURICH-CHICAGO-DETROIT-ANN ARBOR

JUL 3, 2007 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

JUL 30, 2007 MAIL AOS, EAD, AP APPLICATIONS

SEPT 8, 2007 CHECK CASHED

OCT 24, 2007 AP APPROVED

NOV 5, 2007 EAD APPROVED

NOV 6, 2007 EAD IN MAIL

JAN 22, 2008 INTERVIEW -- APPROVED!

Jacinta is a conditional permanent resident alien!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
You don't need more than three or four photos. That's all I had, and it was fine. I did write in pencil on who was in the photo, the date, and where it was taken. I also used copies of my boarding passes, plus some phone card receipts, a print-out of SMS history (I use SMScountry to send messages to her Safaricom number, and all messages that go back and forth are logged there and can be downloaded), and a few emails. I wasn't too worried about marking out the personal stuff, and after reading SOONERKIEV's comments, it appears that the USCIS employees don't care about that information anyway, but of course it's up to you. Basically what you have is on track.

thanks for letting us know about smscountry! cool....

K-1 - VSC

Aug 2005 -- 1st trip, We meet, become friends; Jan 2006 -- start dating

April 2006 -- 2nd trip, We get engaged; Sept-Nov 2006 -- 3rd trip, More time together

Feb 8, 2007 -- Mailed 129-F package to VSC

Feb 13 -- NOA1!

Feb 19 -- Touched

Feb 20 -- check cashed! NOA1 arrives snail mail!

Feb 22 -- Touched

Mar 8 -- NOA2 email!

Mar 12 -- NVC recieves

Mar 15 -- NVC sends out

Mar. 26 -- Packet 3!

Apr 17 -- Medical

Apr 24 -- Interview, Approved!

Apr 27 -- Picked up passport

May 4 -- POE JFK

May 19-- Apply for SS#

Jul 13 -- Married!

Jul 24 -- Sent out AOS/EAD paperwork

End of Aug -- NOA for EAD and AOS

Sept 6 -- Biometrics

Sep 21 -- Email that AOS app was transfered to CSC

Sept 24 -- Email that EAD is on its way

Oct 10 -- EAD card recvd

Nov 10 -- Email that AOS APPROVED!!!!! (no interview)

Nov 16 -- Green card arrives in mail

http://fiancevisatz.blogspot.com/

"Love always finds its way home"

Sounds pretty good but like others said, if you have travel itineries/plane tickets also, thats good. I sent in about 4/5 pics total, and it was fine for me.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

smscountry is pretty nice. it's only $.045 a message to Safaricom, but it's $.0675 a message to a Celtel number. they can write back to you, and your messages can be forwarded freely to your email. the best thing might be that you don't get charged to receive a message. from kenya, it's a 10 bob to the smscountry number (compared to a 5 bob to a Safaricom/Celtel number). but it's a much better deal than my cell phone here, which charges me $.15/message to send AND receive. smscountry is normally pretty reliable and the messages usually go through almost instantaneously, but occasionally there are network problems and the messages don't get through right away or if you send several in a row they might not get delivered in the right order, which can be confusing. all in all though i think it's a good deal and very convenient for me.

APR 25, 2006 ARRIVE IN KENYA FOR PH.D. DISSERTATION RESEARCH

JUL 07, 2006 MEET AT CHECK-INN CLUB IN BUSIA, KENYA

SEPT 25, 2006 RETURN TO US

OCT 18, 2006 I129F SUBMITTED

OCT 24, 2006 NOA1 I129F

OCT 24, 2006 BACK TO KENYA

NOV 18, 2006 PROPOSED IN MOMBASA, KENYA (SHE SAID "YES"!)

DEC 26, 2006 NOA2 I129F

DEC 27, 2006 RETURN FROM KENYA

JANUARY, 2006 NVC CAN'T LOCATE PETITION

FEB 14, 2007 LETTERS SENT TO CONGRESSMEN

FEB 15, 2007 CIS CUSTOMER SERVICE SENDS EMAIL TO CSC REQUESTING TRACE ON MY PETITION (SHOULD HEAR BACK W/IN 45 DAYS)

FEB 19, 2007 APPROVED PETITION TOUCHED

FEB 21, 2007 EMAIL FROM CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE SAYING PETITION HAS JUST BEEN RECEIVED BY NVC

FEB 23, 2007 PETITION SENT TO US EMBASSY IN NAIROBI, KENYA

MAR 5, 2007 PICKED UP PACKET 3/4 FROM EMBASSY

MAR 26, 2007 RETURNED PACKET 3 TO EMBASSY

APR 12, 2007 RETURNED MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS TO EMBASSY, HAD INTERVIEW, AND WAS APPROVED!

APR 26, 2007 PICKED-UP VISA FROM EMBASSY

APR 28-29, 2007 NAIROBI-ZURICH-CHICAGO-DETROIT-ANN ARBOR

JUL 3, 2007 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

JUL 30, 2007 MAIL AOS, EAD, AP APPLICATIONS

SEPT 8, 2007 CHECK CASHED

OCT 24, 2007 AP APPROVED

NOV 5, 2007 EAD APPROVED

NOV 6, 2007 EAD IN MAIL

JAN 22, 2008 INTERVIEW -- APPROVED!

Jacinta is a conditional permanent resident alien!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
- a record of my calling card order history - doesn't say where I called, but showed that I spent lots of money

This evidence proves nothing (even you admit this). If it does not help you document having met in the previous two years then why submit it?

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Right, primarily you need to provide evidence that you have met in the last 2 years.. so, passport stamps, boarding passes, hotel receipts, your box purchase would be the best kinds of things to send in. You do not need to provide any evidence of your relationship until the interview stage (except in a few rare cases that i have heard of)

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

- three or four photos

- three envelopes that I sent to him (but addressed to his brother, because he didn't have a box at that time... will this be a problem? I'm planning on attaching an explanation)

I don't really want to include emails, since they're personal and his typing is sometimes incomprehensible to the untrained eye.

Is this sufficient?

If you do include emails, let them be about you traveling to visit your fiance, they need to see you met in person more than they need to know you kept in touch. A person from the embassy in Barbados told me that it is better to have photo's of the two of you with other people in natural settings, or in front of well know landmarks. Any boarding passes or other proof you were in the country together would be helpful. My packet didn't have a lot of stuff with 'our' names on it, but I had plenty of evidence that I have been in the country with my fiance. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

- three or four photos

Is this sufficient?

If you do include emails, let them be about you traveling to visit your fiance, they need to see you met in person more than they need to know you kept in touch. A person from the embassy in Barbados told me that it is better to have photo's of the two of you with other people in natural settings, or in front of well know landmarks. Any boarding passes or other proof you were in the country together would be helpful. My packet didn't have a lot of stuff with 'our' names on it, but I had plenty of evidence that I have been in the country with my fiance. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Sue

We included the very first letters that we sent to each other, 4 letters for each month to show on going correspondence, and letters where we discussed his trips here in PI. We highlighted our names, dates and email addresses and important contents in each letter... I think it helped but of course that's only one of the many proofs that we sent... Got approved quickly, no RFE...

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We included the very first letters that we sent to each other, 4 letters for each month to show on going correspondence, and letters where we discussed his trips here in PI. We highlighted our names, dates and email addresses and important contents in each letter... I think it helped but of course that's only one of the many proofs that we sent... Got approved quickly, no RFE...

Not to be a contrarian, but I do not think you can say it helped your petition, I think you can only say that it did not hurt/interfere/hinder your petition approval. The actual level of assistance (if any) will never be known.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.