AUBGER

This is confusing

23 posts in this topic

Hey guys...This might sound stupid but Michael (my fiance) and I sent the 129package a month ago through our lawyer and didnt hear anything yet. It's kinda scary since I read of all kinds of timeframes online...from 3 months to a year and ...I hate to sound emotional but I think I need to talk to people that are in the same situation or i will go nuts.

:crying::blush:

Removal of conditions...

Welcome to VJ. Patience is your friend.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Hey guys...This might sound stupid but Michael (my fiance) and I sent the 129package a month ago through our lawyer and didnt hear anything yet. It's kinda scary since I read of all kinds of timeframes online...from 3 months to a year and ...I hate to sound emotional but I think I need to talk to people that are in the same situation or i will go nuts.

:crying::blush:

Then you have come to the right place, welcome to VJ :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not even an NOA-1?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

First - keep in regular contact with your attorny - Weekly at least.

Firt question to ask - what is my receipt/case number and what is our NOA1 date?

If all is going well thus far, you should already have an NOA1 and have your case number so you can log onto the system (USCIS) to check your (basic) status (touches/approval).

Hope your journey is a quick one - try to find those with similar countries to yours so you can better judge timelines. If you check Embassy Info (above) you'll be able to see users from that country (unless someone knows a better way).

thank you :) Wow...that wasa quick reply :) I already feel better

Thank you so very much :)

not even that...well actually i have no clue..I keep telling Mike to call the lawyer and he keeps telling me the guy needs his time :(

Removal of conditions...

If you are not in constant contact with your lawyer, he/she may be waiting on the noa2 before telling you anything. So like karin und otto stated, I would definitely call him/her and inquire the case number. Also, be glad that you are going through vermont. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

A quick way to find out if they're working on your case is to check with your bank to see if your check has been cashed. If it has, then the copy of the cashed check should have a receipt # written on it. You can take this number and plug it into the USCIS web site to follow up on your case.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

First - keep in regular contact with your attorny - Weekly at least.

Firt question to ask - what is my receipt/case number and what is our NOA1 date?

If all is going well thus far, you should already have an NOA1 and have your case number so you can log onto the system (USCIS) to check your (basic) status (touches/approval).

Hope your journey is a quick one - try to find those with similar countries to yours so you can better judge timelines. If you check Embassy Info (above) you'll be able to see users from that country (unless someone knows a better way).

I will make my fiance call the guy...kept asking him and he seems to have much more patience than me...He said that the check was cashed last week by the VCS is it?...pfffff I'm so new at this...but thank you for the advice...I will make sure to follow it...sorry if i didnt reply individually...

Gotta figure out even how this forum thing works :)

Removal of conditions...

If you are not in constant contact with your lawyer, he/she may be waiting on the noa2 before telling you anything. So like karin und otto stated, I would definitely call him/her and inquire the case number. Also, be glad that you are going through vermont. ;)

Well...I assume I'm going through Vermont since Mike is from maine and the lawyer is in Mass :) but...is vermont really so much better?

Removal of conditions...

Well...I assume I'm going through Vermont since Mike is from maine and the lawyer is in Mass :) but...is vermont really so much better?

Yep, the average time for an noa2 at vrmt is about a month, at CSC it's about 3 months.

A quick way to find out if they're working on your case is to check with your bank to see if your check has been cashed. If it has, then the copy of the cashed check should have a receipt # written on it. You can take this number and plug it into the USCIS web site to follow up on your case.

I didnt know that...You guys are awesome! I'm so glad I found this site!!! wow ...I'm going to ask michael to check it because he did say that the check was cleared

Removal of conditions...

By the way - if you haven't already, check the Guides above - lots of information and step-by-step instructions and examples - even if you used an attorney to file for you, still helpful to be informed.

We felt the same before we found VJ.

Yep, the average time for an noa2 at vrmt is about a month, at CSC it's about 3 months.

Well finally someone is raising my spirits :) I still have 2.5months 'till I graduate from college but I dont want this to go forever either...U waiting for it too? or been there done that?

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

YES! Oh heck yes !!

You can thank your lucky Elvis crucifix you are going through VCS .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.