Marina + Dave

When does your case number change?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, we got our NOA2 yesterday from the CSC and our file was touched today. So, is it correct in saying that from the CSC our petition will go to the NVC and then the NVC will send it to the consulate in London?

If so, when does our case number change? Will my case number on the USCIS website tell me when the NVC receives my file? Will it tell me when CSC sends the petition to the NVC? Will it tell me when the NVC sends the file to London?

When do you get a new case number....???

Thanks guys! :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You will receive your case number once your petition leaves NVC for England.

For example, we're dealing with the consulate in Rio de Janeiro so our case number is RDJ2006XXXXXX.

RDJ = Rio de Janeiro

2006 = the year we applied and were approved

Hope this helps :)

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
You will receive your case number once your petition leaves NVC for England.

For example, we're dealing with the consulate in Rio de Janeiro so our case number is RDJ2006XXXXXX.

RDJ = Rio de Janeiro

2006 = the year we applied and were approved

Hope this helps :)

Yes it does help...thank you very much! :)

One more question though, how do we know when NVC receives our petition from CSC....will that appear on the USCIS website?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can call or email NVC and they will give you the new cass number, and later can call and find out when it leaves. Its not on the automatic choice you have to ask for a (real person) then you will receive a notice from them, i just got mine about a week after my case left NVC for Casa

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

:dance: Congrats on your NOA2. Things will pick up speed from here! We are just two weeks ahead of you and here's how it happened for us: So, you've seen the *touch* from CSC..the day after your NOA2? Great, it's likely your case being sent to NVC as you suspected. As brnidokiegurl said....you will need to call NVC to "track" your petition from here.

:thumbs: You can figure 2, maybe three days in the mail from CSC to NVC. Then on say, Wednesday or Thursday next week....you call 1-603-334-0700. You may have to wait to be connected, but eventually, the pre-recorded message will ask you to press 1-for English. Then, you'll be given lots of options......remember that K1's "tend" to move through NVC so rapidly that the automated system is not usually accurate (as I found out!)......press option #5...speak to an operator.

When the "Renee" came on the line there was no "hello" or "how may I help you"...it was "Case number"? I quickly rattled off our WAC #, then she wanted the petitioner's name, and lastly, beneficiaries name and birth date. A few seconds later she said: "Your case is complete at NVC. It has been forwarded to the London Embassy today. Do you have a pen and paper? Your new case number is..LNDXXXXXXXX. Can I help you with anything else?" I thanked her warmly and went on the DHL web-site to track packages leaving the NVC zip code to LONDON! You will get a letter in the mail confirming this, but I get the *sense* you'd like to know sonner rather than later? :thumbs:

Smile, by this time next week...your petition could be on it's way to London! Again, congrats!

Sent forms to attorney 10-12-06

NOA1...........................11-17-06

NOA2............................2-15-07

NVC rcv'd......................2-22-07

NVC sent 2 embassy.......2-23-07

Rcv'd Packet 3................3-2-07

Packet 3 sent..................3-9-07

Medical scheduled............3-29-07

Interview-Approved.........4-19-07

Flight to USA....................5-26-07

Wedding..........................5-30-07

AOS Journey

Applied for SSN in married name .........6-27-07

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago......6-29-07

SSN received (Wow! that was quick!).....7-3-07

NOA1 for AOS and AP ..........................7-16-07 (EAD amount wrong...oops, added $70 extra for biometrics

Checks cashed for AOS and AP.............7-19-07

Passed Michigan Driver's Test................7-31-07

Biometrics for AOS ..............................8-01-07

AP approved........................................8-09-07 (Day 24)

AOS Interview......................................10-25-07 (APPROVED)

Card production ordered.......................10-30-07

GC rec'd..............................................11-5-07 (w/effective date 10-25-07

Removing Conditions

Mailed pkg........................................9-10-09

NOA .................................................9-14-09

Biometrics.........................................10-23-09

Card Production Ordered (At Last!!).01-13-10

Timeline
:dance: Congrats on your NOA2. Things will pick up speed from here! We are just two weeks ahead of you and here's how it happened for us: So, you've seen the *touch* from CSC..the day after your NOA2? Great, it's likely your case being sent to NVC as you suspected. As brnidokiegurl said....you will need to call NVC to "track" your petition from here.

:thumbs: You can figure 2, maybe three days in the mail from CSC to NVC. Then on say, Wednesday or Thursday next week....you call 1-603-334-0700. You may have to wait to be connected, but eventually, the pre-recorded message will ask you to press 1-for English. Then, you'll be given lots of options......remember that K1's "tend" to move through NVC so rapidly that the automated system is not usually accurate (as I found out!)......press option #5...speak to an operator.

When the "Renee" came on the line there was no "hello" or "how may I help you"...it was "Case number"? I quickly rattled off our WAC #, then she wanted the petitioner's name, and lastly, beneficiaries name and birth date. A few seconds later she said: "Your case is complete at NVC. It has been forwarded to the London Embassy today. Do you have a pen and paper? Your new case number is..LNDXXXXXXXX. Can I help you with anything else?" I thanked her warmly and went on the DHL web-site to track packages leaving the NVC zip code to LONDON! You will get a letter in the mail confirming this, but I get the *sense* you'd like to know sonner rather than later? :thumbs:

Smile, by this time next week...your petition could be on it's way to London! Again, congrats!

Thank you so much!! This is exactly what I wanted to hear! But have you figured out this I-134 thing...cause I can't figure it out!!

Thank you so much!! This is exactly what I wanted to hear! But have you figured out this I-134 thing...cause I can't figure it out!!

Which number on the 134 are you having problems with?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just remember that the I-134 needs to be notarized and that you need to have proof of income along with supplemental forms such as: letter of employer, pay stubs, last 3 years of tax returns, bank statements/letter, etc.

You may not need the bank letter but it has been adviced.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

No number in particular!! Just the whole darn form! :whistle:

First of all, I'm not 100% sure we need a sponsor in the first place. Let me explain, Dave and I have been living together in the UK for the past year. We also share a bank account here in the UK. Here is a quote from the guides here at VJ:

"IF the foreign spouse has LIVED IN THE HOUSEHOLD of the U.S. spouse for at least 6 months, then his/her income CAN be counted. There are NO situations involving fiance visa in which foreign spouse's income can be counted, as far as I know, when interviewing for the fiance visa or when filing adjustment of status within 6 months of arrival in the US.)...The foreign fiance's income can NOT be counted on either affidavit (except when the foreign fiance has been living with the fiance, married, and in the US for six months)"

If we are allowed to include Dave's income in sponsoring himself then we definitely make it way over the limit. But, if we are not allowed to include Dave's income, I -myself, do not make it over the limit. Can anyone shed some light on this!? Does the above paragraph say that we can include him if we have been living together for over 6 months IN THE US, or just that we can include him if we have been living together for over 6 months, full stop?

Next question/confusion: I thought that to be a sponsor you had to make at least 125% ABOVE the poverty line. However, this paragraph states:

"Demonstration of ability to support intending immigrants . In order for the intending immigrant to overcome the public charge ground of inadmissibility, the sponsor must demonstrate the means to maintain the intending immigrant at an annual income of at least 125 percent of the Federal poverty line. If the sponsor is on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States (other than active duty for training) and the intending immigrant is the sponsor's spouse or child, the sponsor's ability to maintain income must equal at least 100 percent of the Federal poverty line."

So, does the sponsor have to make 125% ABOVE the national poverty line for their family size or 125% OF the national poverty line. As you can imagine, these two figures are very different! -unless I'm totally stupid at maths, which could be the case!

Next problem! (I'm having a lot here!): If we do in fact need a sponsor: is it better to have someone fairly above the income and a bit of assets, or something just above the income line and a LOT of assets? Maybe it doesn't matter, but as my parents are recently divorced they seem to think it is a competition on who we ask to sponsor us! Talk about making this process a bit more difficult!! :wacko: Also, does anyone know how this will affect the form in the first place -as my parents have been filing taxes together for the last 30 years and this year they are not, so this years tax returns will look very different. I'm just wondering if the consulate will want tax returns from the past 3-4 years that look more consistent.

Kinda random at this point I suppose, but when exactly do you need the I-134? Before someone tells me to read the guides, I have and I'm still confused! :blush: As far as I can tell it comes in the Packet 3? Does that mean you have to send it back to the consulate as soon as possible after that, or do you just need it for the interview?

Anyway, as you can see I'm quite a bit confused at this point!! I'm probably making it a bit more difficult than it needs to be but I just want us to get this done as soon as possible! As we all do! I'd really really really appreciate any help I could get! Thanks guys!!!! :help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.