Sinh & Lien

Medical exam NIGHTMARE

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My Fiance went into Ho Chi Minh for her medical and was turned away because she didn't bring her interview letter and a Form DS-156, 156K, and DS 230 Part 1.

It was it so apparently obvious in the instruction letter or did i miss something???????????????????????? No where did it say you have to bring those things to the damn medical examination! Maybe i am just blinded by my anger, but now she has to come home to Cam Ranh and then wait for all those documents (sent by me) and then come back in. AND on top of all that, it says you have to do the medical AT LEAST one week before the interview? How come i never caught on onto any of this, here on this forum or any where else? I feel so incompetent. Hoping that this is just a new procedure???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ugghh I can only imagine your frustration!!!!!!!!

I will make wure we have this going to the interview.

K-1

July 27 2006 Met/Fell in love on a sailing trip in Turkey

March 2 2007 Mailed I-129F Overnight Express

March 15 2007 NOA2 e-mail

March 21 2007 spoke with NVC- case mailed today (via DHL) to Ankara

March 28 2007 Packet 3 sent...(to me?) waiting

NEVER RECEIVED Packet 3- downloaded from Ankara website

May 14, 2007 Packet 3 sent to Ankara Embassy

June 13 2007 interview

May 21 appeal approved- interview rescheduled for 5 July 2007

5 July 2007 interview!

July 10- Visa in hand!!!

September 26 2007- Omer arrives JFK POE

November 23 2007- Married!

AOS

February 23 2008 Finally sent AOS to Chicago

March 4 2008 NOA1 for all 3 AOS documents (rcvd from Missouri Center?)

March 26 Biometrics

March 28 EAD touch

March 29 RFE- Birth Cert. translation :(

April 8- RFE received; case resumed processing (at National Benefits Center)

April 11- Case transferred to California Service Center

April 29 - EAD and AP approved... finally honeymoon in Mexico!

May 29- AOS approved e-mail received!!!!!!

June 7- Greencard arrived in mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
My Fiance went into Ho Chi Minh for her medical and was turned away because she didn't bring her interview letter and a Form DS-156, 156K, and DS 230 Part 1.

It was it so apparently obvious in the instruction letter or did i miss something???????????????????????? No where did it say you have to bring those things to the damn medical examination! Maybe i am just blinded by my anger, but now she has to come home to Cam Ranh and then wait for all those documents (sent by me) and then come back in. AND on top of all that, it says you have to do the medical AT LEAST one week before the interview? How come i never caught on onto any of this, here on this forum or any where else? I feel so incompetent. Hoping that this is just a new procedure???

sorry to hear about this setback....dont worry, everything will work out in the end. just imagine you'll be together soon and laughing to yourselves about this crazy process!!!!!!

good luck!

K-1 - VSC

Aug 2005 -- 1st trip, We meet, become friends; Jan 2006 -- start dating

April 2006 -- 2nd trip, We get engaged; Sept-Nov 2006 -- 3rd trip, More time together

Feb 8, 2007 -- Mailed 129-F package to VSC

Feb 13 -- NOA1!

Feb 19 -- Touched

Feb 20 -- check cashed! NOA1 arrives snail mail!

Feb 22 -- Touched

Mar 8 -- NOA2 email!

Mar 12 -- NVC recieves

Mar 15 -- NVC sends out

Mar. 26 -- Packet 3!

Apr 17 -- Medical

Apr 24 -- Interview, Approved!

Apr 27 -- Picked up passport

May 4 -- POE JFK

May 19-- Apply for SS#

Jul 13 -- Married!

Jul 24 -- Sent out AOS/EAD paperwork

End of Aug -- NOA for EAD and AOS

Sept 6 -- Biometrics

Sep 21 -- Email that AOS app was transfered to CSC

Sept 24 -- Email that EAD is on its way

Oct 10 -- EAD card recvd

Nov 10 -- Email that AOS APPROVED!!!!! (no interview)

Nov 16 -- Green card arrives in mail

http://fiancevisatz.blogspot.com/

"Love always finds its way home"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

sorry to hear about that. it is really weird but I guess it is different in each country.

For the examination in Germany and as far as I know from the postings you did not have to bring all these forms to the medical.

06/02/2006 - filed I-129F

12/16/2006 - Enter States thru Atlanta

01/13/2007 - Marriage

01/19/2007 - Filed AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/06/2007 - NOA that AOS has been forwarded to CSC

02/12/2007 - Fingerprinting in St. Louis

03/28/2007 - email notification that card production ordered!!!! (Day 68)

04/20/2007 - GC in the mail.....no more USCIS for 2 years!!!!!

12/29/08 - Filed I-751 to VSC

01/12/09 - NOA in mail

01/24/09 - received ASC notice

02/06/09 - biometrics appointment in Orlando

02/09/09 - touch

06/01/09 - approval letter in mail

12/11/09 - Filed N-400 to NSC

12/14/09 - Package arrived at NSC

12/26/09 - NOA in mail

01/22/10 - Fingerprinting in Orlando

03/08/10 - Interview in Orlando (passed)

03/12/10 - Oath Ceremony

Matthew Quoc-Minh *11/29/08*

7 lbs 6 oz. (3.35 kg) and 20" (51cm)

01/29/09 (2-month-check-up): 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and 22" (56cm)

03/30/09 (4-month-check-up): 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) and 25" (63cm)

05/29/09 (6-month-check-up): 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg) and 26" (66cm)

12/1/09 (12-month-check-up): 22 lbs (10 kg) and 30.3" (77cm)

06/11/10 (18-month-check-up): 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg) and 33.5" (85cm)

12/13/10 (24-month-check-up): 31.7 lbs (14.4 kg) and 35.8" (91cm)

Filed: Timeline

I thought all these forms necessary to complete the process were in packet 3 which is sent to the beneficiary by the consulate - not by the USC. Sorry to hear this...dont panick..take a deep breath, its just another one of those hurdles.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

All these hurdles will make it even sweeter once she is here. Deep breaths and don't give i to the madness now. You are almost there.

Timeline

Sorry, after a much longer conversation with my fiance, she ONLY needed to have among the things she already brought, her interview letter.

Thank you all for your concerns, its welcoming to hear that i am not an idiot for letting this happen. I just feel so helpless when i heard what happened!

And i have check their instructions about 10 times already, no where did it states you have to bring those things to the MEDICAL examination. It would be another story if she forgot it for her INTERVIEW.

Anways, after calming down, i am beginning to see the brigther side.....hopefully all goes well.

Thanks everyone....

Edited by Sinh & Lien

I'm sorry too, but thanx for sharing, i will pass this info on to my fiancee.

Hmmm... Im sorry to hear that! Here in the philippines is totaly different. I just received my packet 4 right?! I called St. Lukes,asked them If i could go there earlier than my schedule date, They say, As long as I have my appointment letter I can go there to do my medical exam. Yeah, I really want to do this early for less hassle just in case they would intentionaly delay my medical exam/interview appointment.

Yeah, dont worry we're almost there!!!! Good Luck

K3 VISA:

09/20/06 - I-130 Sent

10/03/06 - I-129F sent.

10/10/06- I-129F NOA1

11/28/06 - BOTH I-129F & I-130 approved!!!!

12/27/06 - NVC Left case no. assigned MNL 200685XXXX

01/26/07 - Received Packet 3

02/27/07 - Received Packet 4

03/01-02/07 - Done with my Medical Appointment at St. Lukes

04/17/07 - Interview at U.S Embassy - got the blue slip..on AR

07/05/07 - Went back to US Embassy submitted new affidavit of support for my K3, we'll wait for decision, still on AR

07/24/07 - OMG!!!! I cant believe it I got my K3 Visa in hand!!!

08/09/07 - Arrival in the U.S - POE at LAX

AOS:

08/27/07 - Sent AOS and EAD

08/29/07 - Chicago Lockbox received both AOS and EAD

09/18/07 - Checks cashed 09/21/07 - NOA on both AOS and EAD

09/27/07 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

10/18/07 - Biometrics

10/19/07 - Received RFE

10/26/07 - USCIS received the response to our RFE

11/05/07 - EAD Card Production ordered

11/16/07 - EAD Card received

11/26/07 - Received interview notice

01/25/08 - Interview Date!!!! APPROVED!!!

04/18/08 - At long last! GC Card production ordered

04/21/08 - Email noticed welcome letter

04/23/08 - Email card production again

04/25/08 - Welcome Letter received

04/30/08 - Greencard received

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now I hope your fiancee brings her appointment to her interview. (as stated on the appt letter)

Timeline

Here was my experience with the medical exam for those who have Ho Chi Minh as their consulate. You will need to bring your interview letter with you so that they will admit you into the vaccination exam and also for the medical exam. You need to do the vaccination exam before the medical as they will need the slip that is given to you after your vaccination. A stamp will be place on your interview letter (your original) and given back to you along with your medical result. If every thing is okay, they will give it back to you the next day, or possibly the same day, depending on your urgency. Your urgency is dictated by your interview letter. If they are really busy, the people with a more urgent interview date will get precedence over you. In this case, you will need to submit a photocopy of your interview letter and they will schedule you for your medical exam, which is usually the next day. If your exam happens to be on Friday, you will not get your results back until Monday, and that is only if they found nothing wrong with you. If they did, they would contact you on the same day to possibly run more test.

That was our experience. I was fustrated that no one really mention this in any post that i ran across. Especially when i already posted regarding the medical exam procedure. Hope this will help save some one else from the fustrations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.