GrenadianCrix

mailing address question

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

I was wondering which address do they use from the I-129F Packet?

There was no place it asked for the mailing address. Do they just use the address I listed on the I-129F part A 'Information about you"? This may be a problem since that adress is a street address, not a mailing address. I wish I had thought of this before I sent it in, but now as I'm waiting to see my NOA1...I realize I'm not sure where it's going.

Thanks!

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: Timeline
I was wondering which address do they use from the I-129F Packet?

There was no place it asked for the mailing address. Do they just use the address I listed on the I-129F part A 'Information about you"? This may be a problem since that adress is a street address, not a mailing address. I wish I had thought of this before I sent it in, but now as I'm waiting to see my NOA1...I realize I'm not sure where it's going.

Thanks!

Sue

Thats a good uestion because I would rather all my mail go to a PO Box! Is there anyone else on here that has recieved NOAs at a PO Box? Should I send in a change of address form with the PO Box on it with my petition?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Good question! Here's a related question that I asked but didn't get any replies:

My current residence is Zürich, Switzerland but I spend most weekends in Munich, Germany with my fiance. However, I'm currently looking for work in the United States and it's likely that I'll have a new address within the next few months. I was planning to use my parents' address in Pennsylvania so they could then forward anything they receive to my new address, where ever that might be, but I realize this might not be the best option.

Has anyone been in this situation before? What address should I use as my current address?

The only thing I know about this is that there is an option on the Customer Service Line for changing your address, maybe they would know about the P.O. Box question also.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Good question! Here's a related question that I asked but didn't get any replies:

My current residence is Zürich, Switzerland but I spend most weekends in Munich, Germany with my fiance. However, I'm currently looking for work in the United States and it's likely that I'll have a new address within the next few months. I was planning to use my parents' address in Pennsylvania so they could then forward anything they receive to my new address, where ever that might be, but I realize this might not be the best option.

Has anyone been in this situation before? What address should I use as my current address?

Using your parents address is fine. I think you can always change the address later.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

The advice/notice on the USCIS site is:

Customers who have an application and/or petition which has been filed with USCIS but has not yet been decided (also known as a 'pending' case) should notify USCIS of any change of address as soon as possible after moving.

The law requires nearly all non-U.S. Citizens1 to report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11. Abiding by these legal requirements and completing the necessary forms does not update an address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS. Non-citizens with pending cases must do both.

Most customers can now notify USCIS to change their address on a pending case online here on our website. Non-citizens can also now complete the Form AR-11 online here on our website.

If you choose to change your address online using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have some information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

• Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS).
  • Your new address
  • Your old address
  • If you have filed a petition for a family member, please have the names and biographical information for that person.
  • When you last entered the United States (if you cannot remember this information please fill in an approximate date)
  • Where you last entered the United States (through what port of entry you entered - whether by land, sea or air)

The advice/notice on the USCIS site is:

Do you have a link to that page? :)

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

or they have a search option on the USCIS site at: http://www.uscis.gov

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

The instructions are for the beneficiary but doesnt specify what the USC should do if there's a change of address.

I think they are for both, aren't they?

The AR11 form for the beneficiary.

For the Petitioner, electronically:

"For individual customers who have pending applications and/or petitions with USCIS to change the address where USCIS should notify them of actions on their case"

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

Look at Karin Und Otto's post before mine, they have both listed right?

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

I have a similar question. Our petition is on it's way from the NVC to the consulate where they supposedly mail out the packet. My fiance' just moved and has a new address.

What do I need to do to inform the embassy of his new address?

I have a similar question. Our petition is on it's way from the NVC to the consulate where they supposedly mail out the packet. My fiance' just moved and has a new address.

What do I need to do to inform the embassy of his new address?

The Embassy has a web site, so find an email or phone number. You need to contact the Embassy and inform them of the new address. I believe they can also resend to another address if your fiancee didn't get the package. Does filing the new address change with the Post Office there in Nigeria not work?

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: Timeline

"The law requires nearly all non-U.S. Citizens1 to report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11. Abiding by these legal requirements and completing the necessary forms does not update an address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS. Non-citizens with pending cases must do both."

Must do both? BOTH WHAT?? All I see is a (1) instruction outlined there. These people really dont want me to call them - I can be quite annoying if I dont understand fully what the hell it is they're asking of me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.