Fandango

Not a good night

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not one to often complain but the distance is ###### killing me tonight.

And Keane is on my mp3 player and it's depressing as hell but I'm still listening to it.

I don't want a lot of 'i'm sorry's in here, cos I know you all empathize, and I'm not doing this for sympathy, so ya don't have to. I just had to get this out of my head before I explode and I just was sick of acting like everyhting's just effin peachy right now.

I wanna be miserable and I want everyone to know it, I suppose. Hah!

Edited by LisaD

YAY!!! Someone else! I was pretty good up till this week. I have beer, lets start drinking!!!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Timeline

yep, I've got my wine. bottoms up!

I'm just blowin off steam...no one's shootin at us!!! But it's just so fcuking frustrating being so far and the fcuking time differenc and (*)&^(*&^)(&*^*&(*P*&()*^(^%(^%(&*

;)

So funny, I started a thread talking about 'counting your blessings' and not lettin the temp/little stuff get ya down, and lookit me tonight.

I (L) teh irony.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm with you. I find that lately I am so angry going through all this.

I'm angry at the US Government and all their policies.

I'm angry at US Customs for denying me a visit to the US. They made me feel like some kind of criminal.

I'm angry that most people don't seem to care what you are going through. (Outside of VJ anyway)

I'm angry that this process has taken away most of my sanity.

I'm really angry I'm missing Mardi Gras.

whooo to being depressed and getting tipsy! I sometimes find it very liberating to be drink by myself - that doesn't sound very good at all does it!

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lisa, you go girl! Take my hat off to you for being honest! :D

I have been like that today too just really shirty for no specific reason and sick of Visas, immigration, forms, evidence, packing, blah, blah, blah.....and then you miss them as well, I hate the distance, time zones, phones, internet :wacko:

Alcohol is good for you. Wine and beer are covered in the 5 food groups so not only is it good for the soul but good nutrition! ;)

CHEERS! :thumbs:

Lyndel

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Lisa,

I'm with you too, this visa BS sux soooo bad. And there's absoloutely NO booze in my house. Now that's depressing! :wacko:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Yep, well. Misery loves company and all that, but I'm not saying I'm sorry you're all feeling miserable too...but I tell ya what...if you wanna know a witchy woman tonight look no further.....I'm feelin' it at the moment. and no drinks in the house either. :( M.

damn thing edited me, so I'll just go with the Eagles instead...it rhymes at least.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Lisa. I am miserable too. I have cried every day this last week cos I miss my man so much. I hate this process. I don't care if I sound like a baby here - this whole USCIS stuff is so unfair. It stinks!!

Sadlyt I just found this thread this morning, so I can't drink with ya :lol:

Here's to hopin we can make it through quickly and sanely!

Sorry you had such a bad night, Lisa. Any better now that the sun is up?

Jen

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Man if you searched for my posts around here before Stewart got here...you'd find the same thing.

I'm with Becs :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Poor Lisa. :(

My wait is almost over, Inshxenu. Back when it was extra bad because I didn't know when it would end, and when it was extra extra bad because that's just how I felt, I thought about a couple in a book I read about Chinese labor migration. This guy in Shandong married a woman, then went to Manchuria to work. He was gone for 30 years or something like that, and she stayed his wife and never got knocked up by anyone else and eventually they got back together and like got old and died or something right after that. It was probably an arranged marriage, she probably never really knew him that well before he left, and for all I know he was a real jerk. So I would think on this and decide it was awful and not a good story and then go bang my head on the wall for a while. Um. Cheers.

Edited by heishe

signature here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.