dirtyd301

flight itineraries....

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

i am getting nervous because i have seen people say that there is a good chance if you send flight itineraries instead of actual boarding passes that you will get a RFE. we sent itineraries and pay stubs plus pictures to show we met the past two years while working together while he was on his J1 visa. can anyone give me their opinion as to if they think this is enough evidence and if not what i can send in case i do get an RFE, if i didnt keep the boarding passes??

thanks, Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure...I sent both...but I also sent pages from my passport that were stamped too. Maybe that might help. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
i am getting nervous because i have seen people say that there is a good chance if you send flight itineraries instead of actual boarding passes that you will get a RFE. we sent itineraries and pay stubs plus pictures to show we met the past two years while working together while he was on his J1 visa. can anyone give me their opinion as to if they think this is enough evidence and if not what i can send in case i do get an RFE, if i didnt keep the boarding passes??

thanks, Diana

Did you have passport stamps?

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Flight iteneraries only show you bought a ticket, they don't show you actually travelled. I'm not sure what more boarding passes show but they seem to be preferred by most VJ members. What is best are passport stamps showing you entered the country. Pictures don't do anything except show you have met, they do nothing for proving you met in the last two years (even little dates on pictures can be altered).

When you say paystubs what do you mean? I mean, I know what paystubs are, but are you using them as evidence to show you both worked in the same place? I've never seen this used before but it could work I guess....

I would say there is a possibility of an RFE here and I know passport stamps would be a good thing to have, I know there are other things but my mind is blank so someone else will pipe up in here :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Timeline

thanks, Diana

I have a copy of his visa in his passport and his I-94 form

Flight iteneraries only show you bought a ticket, they don't show you actually travelled. I'm not sure what more boarding passes show but they seem to be preferred by most VJ members. What is best are passport stamps showing you entered the country. Pictures don't do anything except show you have met, they do nothing for proving you met in the last two years (even little dates on pictures can be altered).

When you say paystubs what do you mean? I mean, I know what paystubs are, but are you using them as evidence to show you both worked in the same place? I've never seen this used before but it could work I guess....

I would say there is a possibility of an RFE here and I know passport stamps would be a good thing to have, I know there are other things but my mind is blank so someone else will pipe up in here :)

i sent the two pay stubs one from me and one from him from the same dates to show that we worked at the same place at the same time within the past two years. i do have a copy of his visa in his passport i for some reason did not send that. could i send evidence of him living in the same city or something like that??

thanks, Diana

I have a copy of his visa in his passport and his I-94 form

i sent the two pay stubs one from me and one from him from the same dates to show that we worked at the same place at the same time within the past two years. i do have a copy of his visa in his passport i for some reason did not send that. could i send evidence of him living in the same city or something like that??

you know hwat else i find interesting that i forgot to put in before??? i actually spoke to an immigration officer on the phone before i sent out my package and he told me that i did not have to sent his passport with the package!! that is why i didnt send it and they also told me that i could use evidence such as movie passes for evidence if i wanted!!! i am so confused as to what is considered good evidence!!

My Timeline

K1

01/11/06- NOA1

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

AOS/EAD

06/30/06- NOA1

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/19/08-NOA1

07/28/08-touched

Pictures don't do anything except show you have met, they do nothing for proving you met in the last two years (even little dates on pictures can be altered).

...unless there is a newspaper in the photograph :) It certainly worked for us, and there was no other evidence.

Bartek

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

hmmm....interesting....movie passes. that's not proof of anything other than a ticket to a movie was purchased. anyone could have bought that. as for the passport, i didnt send mine or my fiancé's...just copies of the pages that were stamped.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Evidence will vary from case to case. And there really is no definate list of what one MUST send. What is required is for one to show that they have met within the required 2 year period. Its about the entirety of that evidence in being able to create an image in the minds eye of an adjudicator that you have indeed met. It will even vary with some adjudicators. In general, most of the time no single piece of evidence will stand alone.....it needs support by other evidence. This can be any number of things. Sometimes its that tiny little bit of what one might think insignificant that will tie it all together.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Pictures don't do anything except show you have met, they do nothing for proving you met in the last two years (even little dates on pictures can be altered).

...unless there is a newspaper in the photograph :) It certainly worked for us, and there was no other evidence.

Bartek

really no other evidence!! thats great. i think every case is so different and that is why everyone can send so many different things and some people get RFEs and others dont! i think i am just gonna try to stop worrying and wait and see what happens!!! thanks for all the responses!!!

Diana and Enrico

My Timeline

K1

01/11/06- NOA1

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

AOS/EAD

06/30/06- NOA1

09/01/06- touched AOS

Removal of Conditions

06/19/08-NOA1

07/28/08-touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have significantly more than we had, also your fiancee is from Germany and has obviously visited the US many times.

My assumption is that you are looking at other situations which are very different.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

In my petition i had attached my Itinerary along with passport stamps

I agree with aussiewench there is no definite list for Evidence of relationship.. But i wouldnt agree movie pass proves any evidence

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

You have significantly more than we had, also your fiancee is from Germany and has obviously visited the US many times.

My assumption is that you are looking at other situations which are very different.

I think that is an easy mistake to make. One has to look at their own individual circumstances and gather that evidence accordingly.

I was looking at something the other day on another site where it was mentioning question 18 on the I-129F asking to describe how you met.........and how this description is then backed up by the evidence one submits to support that description that they had met within the required time frame. Perhaps this should be something to keep in mind when describing how one met. It may perhaps help in strengthing by showing a positve correlation of the two.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I'm not sure what more boarding passes show but they seem to be preferred by most VJ members.

Boarding passes are one of the preferred forms of evidence that the USCIS likes to see. Boarding passes, especially those that are international, prove that you, and only you, boarded the airplane.

How do they know this? Given the security checks you need to pass through these days to fly anyplace, there's little or no possibility that anyone else could have other than the person named on the boarding pass. You identification was checked, and re-checked by various people before allowed on the airplane. That's why they're considered strong primary evidence.

As you said before, itineraries prove nothing. I can get an itinerary at this moment, print it out, and then simply cancel the trip.......

miss_me_yet.jpg

I did both but if there is a passport stamp it could collaborate the itinerary. I was one that believed more was better so sent a lot of proof about how we met and our ongoing relationship.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Bartek

Well, I seem to remember a case on here where people sent in photos of them next a display (the orange arch things in New York awhile back) and also a clip of a newspaper saying they were only there for a certain time so they could prove they were together at this point in time and they got an RFE! I could be misremebering though. If the photos worked for you that's great, but I would definitely tell people to send more evidence than that to be safe.

you know hwat else i find interesting that i forgot to put in before??? i actually spoke to an immigration officer on the phone before i sent out my package and he told me that i did not have to sent his passport with the package!! that is why i didnt send it and they also told me that i could use evidence such as movie passes for evidence if i wanted!!! i am so confused as to what is considered good evidence!!

Oh no you wouldn't ever send his orignal passport, you would just send copies of the pages with the stamps and visa or whatever else! Movie passes? That's weird....you could get them from a trashcan or just have your fiance buy two and say they were yours or something. Doesn't sound like the best lawyer!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.