lion_lioness

Consulate Reviews for Amman

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Salams and happy friday all...

I checked consulate reviews and saw 4 reviews for Amman, but I thought there were many more of us out here.

If anyone who recently had experiences with the Consulate in Amman could either add a review and share thoughts/comments here that would be awesome! I really appreciate your help.

I'm checking with NVC starting next week to see when our packet has been/will be forwarded to Amman. Then phase two of the wait begins Yipppeeeee (sarcastically).

thanks again ladies (and gents ;) )

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hmmm a review of Amman

I did a CR1 through there. Start to finish took a year. On stateside it was quick. On Amman's side slow.

They do answer your emails rather quickly, but it might not be the response you want.

Be prepared to take all evidence of your relationship to the interview and be prepared because they may ask for more.

The interview can be done in arabic or english. IMO do it in the language you mostly communicate in.

K1 are different than K3 or Cr1 because on K3 and Cr1 they do security checks prior to interview and K1 after.

It can be difficult to get hold of the consulate on the phone. You may be on hold, so it's probably best if your husband calls.

for CR1 and K3's if you are the choice of agent. They will send you the packets and not your husband. (happen to me)

My husband had to go to the embassy and get his packet, not sure if they let you still do that. Seems like things have changed there.

Maybe JP can add some information she is the only one I know besides Reddaisy that did a K1 through Amman.

Angel

p.s there might be other things I am missing but I can't remember at the moment. :)

angelk, I think you covered all the bases for good ole' Amman! They are really hard to get ahold of via phone and yeah it is wayyyyyyy better for ur SO to call them BUT I had to call to get all of the numers written down so he would know the options to choose. He wasn't used to dealing with automated systems so even the arabic was confusing for him. They are really slow to process things so don't get too impatient with them. When they say 3 to 6 months, they mean 3 to 6 months and very seldom any sooner than that. Good luck.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
angelk, I think you covered all the bases for good ole' Amman! They are really hard to get ahold of via phone and yeah it is wayyyyyyy better for ur SO to call them BUT I had to call to get all of the numers written down so he would know the options to choose. He wasn't used to dealing with automated systems so even the arabic was confusing for him. They are really slow to process things so don't get too impatient with them. When they say 3 to 6 months, they mean 3 to 6 months and very seldom any sooner than that. Good luck.

(F) amal (F)

:lol::lol: I seem to recall someone having a huge phone bill and something about a little man with a hanger :lol::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you ladies so much for the responses....I thought the anxiety would die down a bit once we got our NOA2, but the next phase has just started lolol. We keep telling each other to expect the worse and not think about it but its hard lolol. We know the interviews can be a year out from receipt of our case - we even thought about requesting it be done in Istanbul (they are really fast and his mother lives there now - she's originally from there), but in the long run it could be even more delays. I am planning to be there when he interviews and if it doesn't go in our favor, we'll get married while I'm there and I'll eventually be relocating. I prefer to stay here though at least until my son is in college so for that reason we're trying.

I just hope he gets an interview for 2007 - but of course I'll keep you all posted.

thank you again.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

LL-- When I emailed the embassy in June, they told me 10-12 months from when they receive the paperwork is the approximate interview date. Then I emailed again (to make sure) and they said 11 months. So, they got mine in Sept. and gave me a June date and i was happy with that.. but mine got moved to April. So I think the year is a conservative estimate. Definately prepare yourself for that, then if it is sooner, you'll feel WAY better.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Thank you ladies so much for the responses....I thought the anxiety would die down a bit once we got our NOA2, but the next phase has just started lolol. We keep telling each other to expect the worse and not think about it but its hard lolol. We know the interviews can be a year out from receipt of our case - we even thought about requesting it be done in Istanbul (they are really fast and his mother lives there now - she's originally from there), but in the long run it could be even more delays. I am planning to be there when he interviews and if it doesn't go in our favor, we'll get married while I'm there and I'll eventually be relocating. I prefer to stay here though at least until my son is in college so for that reason we're trying.

I just hope he gets an interview for 2007 - but of course I'll keep you all posted.

thank you again.

Most of us went through the limbo stage where you don't know what is going on and no set interview date. That was the worst part being in limbo. I think I waited 3 months before I got an interview date which was two months in advance..but at least it was a date to look forward to :) My advice is keep yourself busy and don't let this immigration process mess with your relationship. I know it's difficult not to talk about it when you are chatting to each other, but it can take a toll on your relationship if you let it. I know I had a few slips sometimes, but my husband was always there making me feel better even though he was feeling the same way. Good luck and wishing you a speedy process!

Angel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.