Yadira's Man

K-3 VISA APPOVED TODAY!!!!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
GOOD NEWS TODAY.. MY WIFE YADIRA WAS APPROVED FOR K-3 VISA TODAY!!!

ALOT PEOPLE WERE DENIED. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PAPERS IN ORDER AND ALSO SHOW PROOF OF A REAL MARRIAGE. IF ANYBODY IS IN COLOMBIA AND HAS AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW YOU ALL CAN CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE NUMBER IN COLOMBIA WHICH IS

310-353-9250.. FOR SOME TIPS...

WE ARE SO HAPPY!!!!

THE RIGHT NUMBER IS 310-353-9250

Congrats on your approval!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats.

~~~~~AOS Timeline:~~~~~

05/25/07 ----- Arrived in US

06/01/07 ----- TD shot done

06/21/07 ----- Sent package to Chicago

06/22/07 ----- received package @ 10:22 am

06/29/07 ----- AOS and EAD NOA1

09/14/07 ----- Biometrics done/touched

09/17/07 ----- AOS /EAD touched

11/26/07 ----- Interview received notice of Canceled from USCIS

10/12/07 ----- EAD card in hand

12/07/07 ----- Got my Driver License

12/17/07 ------ AOS Interview Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations on your wife's approval. I noticed in your post that you mention the need for proof of a "real marriage".

What kind of proof do you mean? My fiancee and I will be getting married in April by a notaria in Neiva, Huila. Since she won't be finished with her university classes until December, we are waiting until January or February of next year to have a church ceremony. I will be getting married as a Colombian citizen since I am a dual US/Colombian citizen through my Colombian parents.

To be honest, we are doing the notaria wedding just so we can begin the K-3 process. We have been dating for almost a year and I have been down several times to see her. However, we won't be sharing a home until she comes to the US.

Could our plans cause us any problems once the interview rolls around?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by ColombianoGringo

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Timeline
Congratulations on your wife's approval. I noticed in your post that you mention the need for proof of a "real marriage".

What kind of proof do you mean? My fiancee and I will be getting married in April by a notaria in Neiva, Huila. Since she won't be finished with her university classes until December, we are waiting until January or February of next year to have a church ceremony. I will be getting married as a Colombian citizen since I am a dual US/Colombian citizen through my Colombian parents.

To be honest, we are doing the notaria wedding just so we can begin the K-3 process. We have been dating for almost a year and I have been down several times to see her. However, we won't be sharing a home until she comes to the US.

Could our plans cause us any problems once the interview rolls around?

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for the congrats!!

Proof of real marriage should consist of alot of photos, letters and copies of your plane tickets. For my wedding, I flew in my mother, sister and nephew from the USA to be at the wedding. That was a good plus on our side.

Of course, we had a storybook wedding. Our photos of our wedding were in several newspapers in major cities in Colombia.

That was what impressed the Consular the most!!!

Not everybody can do that but I think you try a least to put you all's wedding photo in a newspaper. It is not expensive like it is here in the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs:

Married, 7-4-2003 in Bucharest, Romania

I-130 sent in 7-11-2003

I-129F sent in 8-06-2003

VISA approved 6-22-2004

I-130 approved 8-10-2004

EAD approved 1-6-2005

AOS approved 8-10-2005

Green card received on 8-15-05

Green Card returned because of error...received back from INS on 2-15-06

Citizenship, not applied for...yet.

http://www.geocities.com/dan49508/mypage.html

Baby boy, born 8-25-2005

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Can you please tell me what in the world "touched" means? Thank you.

Zeyad...

"Touched" means that your case has been looked at for some reason that day. It could mean actual activity has gone on or it could just mean that it was merely looked at for a brief moment. It's a good thing because it usually means that your case is being worked on.

Edited by eap620

Timeline

I was more concerned with them wanting proof of a married life together.

We will also be having a large wedding. I have budgeted around $10,000 for the ceremony and reception. I know this isn't a lot in the US, but should get us pretty far in Colombia.

However, as I mentioned in my post, we will be having a notaria wedding soon. We are really only doing it in order to start the K3 paperwork. We are not inviting anyone other than the two required witnesses so we won't have any real wedding pictures. However, I go to visit her every 2-3 months and have saved all plane tickets, etc. We also have lots of photos of my many visits.

Should this be enough to satisfy the need for proof of marriage?

Thanks,

CG

Thanks for the congrats!!

Proof of real marriage should consist of alot of photos, letters and copies of your plane tickets. For my wedding, I flew in my mother, sister and nephew from the USA to be at the wedding. That was a good plus on our side.

Of course, we had a storybook wedding. Our photos of our wedding were in several newspapers in major cities in Colombia.

That was what impressed the Consular the most!!!

Not everybody can do that but I think you try a least to put you all's wedding photo in a newspaper. It is not expensive like it is here in the US.

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I was more concerned with them wanting proof of a married life together.

We will also be having a large wedding. I have budgeted around $10,000 for the ceremony and reception. I know this isn't a lot in the US, but should get us pretty far in Colombia.

However, as I mentioned in my post, we will be having a notaria wedding soon. We are really only doing it in order to start the K3 paperwork. We are not inviting anyone other than the two required witnesses so we won't have any real wedding pictures. However, I go to visit her every 2-3 months and have saved all plane tickets, etc. We also have lots of photos of my many visits.

Should this be enough to satisfy the need for proof of marriage?

Thanks,

CG

Colombianogringo,

I think the Notaría wedding should be enough to get your paperwork started and take lots of pictures that day. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you get a small cake and champagne to take more pictures with.

My mom went with us to the Notaría en Medellín and took lots of pictures with the Notario and us signing, exchanging rings, the whole thing. Then we took some more at home with family members and then all of a sudden... the digital camera said "No image". Our digital card broke down and all the pictures were lost, so we had to take new ones with my camera even though there was no cake because it was all gone, and no Notaría pics anywhere. I'm hoping they don't ask for many wedding pics since they're all gone. :(

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Felicidades

GOOD NEWS TODAY.. MY WIFE YADIRA WAS APPROVED FOR K-3 VISA TODAY!!!

ALOT PEOPLE WERE DENIED. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PAPERS IN ORDER AND ALSO SHOW PROOF OF A REAL MARRIAGE. IF ANYBODY IS IN COLOMBIA AND HAS AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW YOU ALL CAN CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE NUMBER IN COLOMBIA WHICH IS

310-353-9250.. FOR SOME TIPS...

WE ARE SO HAPPY!!!!

THE RIGHT NUMBER IS 310-353-9250

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.