chipsahoy

RFE Ahead (!?)

9 posts in this topic

I was thinking if we are going to have our RFE.. My boy sent me the photocopies of packet he sent to USCIS..

As I was checking, I noticed that there are few items he left blank in I-129F such as Part B item number 11 (Has your fiancee ever been in the US); though he answered number Part B, #12 N/A (If your fiance is currently in the US complete the following: blah, blah); Part C, he left items# 2 & 3 unanswered (not even N/A).. Duhh!

Another thing is the G325A (tsk tsk. Patience Julie! Heehee).. He left blank the city and country of birth; US SS#; employment last five years and he filled-up only one copy of that G325A.. When I posed him about it, he said its just the same thing and they (USCIS) will just photocopy it. Though I strongly doubt that, I just hushed myself coz I dont want another arguments.

I believe, CSC will send back to him the papers (right?).. How long would it take since we filed it last January?

Thanks

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

Filed: Timeline
I was thinking if we are going to have our RFE.. My boy sent me the photocopies of packet he sent to USCIS..

As I was checking, I noticed that there are few items he left blank in I-129F such as Part B item number 11 (Has your fiancee ever been in the US); though he answered number Part B, #12 N/A (If your fiance is currently in the US complete the following: blah, blah); Part C, he left items# 2 & 3 unanswered (not even N/A).. Duhh!

Another thing is the G325A (tsk tsk. Patience Julie! Heehee).. He left blank the city and country of birth; US SS#; employment last five years and he filled-up only one copy of that G325A.. When I posed him about it, he said its just the same thing and they (USCIS) will just photocopy it. Though I strongly doubt that, I just hushed myself coz I dont want another arguments.

I believe, CSC will send back to him the papers (right?).. How long would it take since we filed it last January?

Thanks

You will get an RFE, there are 4 pages of the G-325A. And no, they will not photocopy it. It's YOUR job to fill our forms correctly AND completely. Same goes for the I-129F.

It is best in this long process to check, double check & TRIPLE check every form you send in. Saves time in the end & helps avoid RFEs. You should not hush yourself if you saw an error!!! :angry:

USCIS will send the USC the RFE. You can register online to check case stsatus here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree with D. I can't tell you how many times I checked all my forms before sending them off. My husband did the same. USCIS doesn't like any box being left blank either. They prefer NONE or N/A in the boxes that don't apply to you.

I'm afraid your fiance does need to take a little more care with his forms.

I seconded with both of you. But for now, I got nothing to do but just let him wait for the RFE.

By the way, can he just simple fill up a new G325-A and I-129F downloadable online or he needs to wait for the RFE letter and fill up the old form he sent to USCIS.

Devillete :: We already have account on USCIS. Is there a way we can request them to send back to us the form so he can fill it up this soon?

My tip for making sure your (USC) fiance fills the forms in right, if he isn't one of nature's form-fillers.....? Fill 'em in yourself - I did. :lol:

Too late for that now, I know (although it did get us an RFE-free NOA2), but if (when, more like) the RFE comes, make sure he knows that USCIS aren't mind-readers, and leaving a gap on the form will leave them wondering whether that question does not apply, or whether it should be 'none', or whether you just forgot to answer. As a rule, there should ALWAYS be a response of some kind - be it an 'actual' response, an 'n/a' or a 'none', depending on what's applicable - that way there will be no room for doubt.

But then, you know that - you just need to make sure that when the RFE comes, he knows that too. By deciding that USCIS might as well be left to copy the G-325A (despite there being four pages to fill in - they know there are four pages, if they just wanted one page, they'd make it a one page form!), he's almost certainly cost the two of you a couple of weeks at least. :( if something is asked for in the instructions, send it. If they tell you to fill in a four-page form, fill it in.

Again, you know this. :)

The good news is... once the NOA2/NVC part is over, the next bit - Packet 3 - mostly involves stuff that YOU have to fill in - so you will be able to make extra- extra- sure, when you get to that stage, that no gaps have been left and that you've done everything as asked! Just make sure that when it comes to gathering the evidence he (the USC) needs to gather, everything is in order and exactly what they ask for. He's probably a bit like my fiance in that he finds it hard to get his head around the fact that marrying someone from another country could be so complicated - luckily you've found this site, so you (like me) can make sure he knows exactly how complicated it is - and that if USCIS say jump, we need to say 'how high?'... :lol:

Sorry for the ramble. :blush: Good luck!

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

For the record, we sent in just one page of the G-325A each and did not get an RFE. Others have as well. For the K-1 they only need one copy, and all 4 are identical. It is an ancient multi-purpose form and is used for many other types of things. So while it is possible to get an RFE for only turning in one page each, it is also quite possible there will be no problem at all. It is up to the adjudicator, and if he or she has a shredding fetish or not. (This is not a recommended meathod of filing of course.) :whistle:

Even when you think you double check, there is always the possibility of human error, so don't beat yourself up. If you think you see potential RFE's in your filing, work now to prepare corrections so you can turn the RFE around quickly. Otherwise, sit back, relax and who knows? You may not suffer any RFE.

Good luck on your journey! :thumbs:

Thanks

You will get an RFE, there are 4 pages of the G-325A. And no, they will not photocopy it. It's YOUR job to fill our forms correctly AND completely. Same goes for the I-129F.

It is best in this long process to check, double check & TRIPLE check every form you send in. Saves time in the end & helps avoid RFEs. You should not hush yourself if you saw an error!!! :angry:

USCIS will send the USC the RFE. You can register online to check case stsatus here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Even when you think you double check, there is always the possibility of human error, so don't beat yourself up. If you think you see potential RFE's in your filing, work now to prepare corrections so you can turn the RFE around quickly. Otherwise, sit back, relax and who knows? You may not suffer any RFE.

Good advice! There were a couple of things about our petition that, once we'd sent it, I thought might well get us an RFE (but we were approved with no RFEs, so I needn't have worried)... the first time something like that occurs to you, it might seem like a disaster, but if you can spot potential RFEs (without driving yourself mad with it, of course!) before they happen, you can be prepared in advance for anything you think USCIS are likely to ask for clarification on. I was half-expecting one - for instance, I thought they might not accept the copy we'd sent of my fiance's birth certificate as proof of his citizenship, because it (the original, I mean - not just the copy) is barely legible in certain vital places. We risked it, but sent off for a new certified copy and had it ready to send out in case of RFE... turns out we didn't need it. But I'm glad we were prepared for it, because if we *had* been asked, we could have responded to the RFE the same day.

My (rambling) point, after all that, is that it's good that you know areas you might get RFE'd about... forewarned is forearmed, and as ready4ONE says - who knows, you might sail through without any RFE at all. But if you do get one, by the time it comes, it won't be a nasty surprise.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Thanks people for the prompt reply..

Someone adviced me to fill out another G-325 and send it to my fiance. Have him sign all four copies and then send it in USCIS again..Then write the receipt number on a sheet of paper and write up a short paragraph telling why you are sending it in. And they will add it to my petition. Also on the questions on the I-129 he left blank. I was thinking of doin this but is this advisable?!

Thanks!

Edited by Anthony Julie

Filed: Timeline
Thanks people for the prompt reply..

Someone adviced me to fill out another G-325 and send it to my fiance. Have him sign all four copies and then send it in USCIS again..Then write the receipt number on a sheet of paper and write up a short paragraph telling why you are sending it in. And they will add it to my petition. Also on the questions on the I-129 he left blank. I was thinking of doin this but is this advisable?!

Thanks!

It's been discussed a lot here in the past, and no, it's not advisable. The papers never seem to meet up with their proper file. Wait for the RFE(if it comes). But he can fill out the forms again & have them ready to go should you get an RFE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.