David-Hien

For your experience

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

QUESTION:

Hien,

I am wondering where your fiance was while you were being in the interview. I knew that they would not let your fiance accompany with you in the interview. But did he wait for you outside the Consulate? Or he could come in and wait for you in another room/place...?

You know, there is no sit or comfortable place for people who wait for us out side the Consulate for hrs but the pavement from the opposite side walk and i do not want my fiance has to wait for me like that way (poor him!).

Can you share some experience?

Thank you have a nice flight back your "new home" !

Trang

---------------------------------------------

ANSWER:

Trang,

I didn’t know better and I waited an hour with Hien while she was awaiting the interview. It wasn’t until I had to use the restroom that a guard told me I needed to leave. I questioned him as to why I could not wait with my fiancée. He came back with his supervisor and I had to wait in the American Services waiting room. I was needless to say disappointed that I could not support my fiancée, considering we have had to save every scrap of evidence the last three years to demonstrate our relationship. So it seemed natural to me to accompany my fiancée to the interview. Not so, I was told that it is not allowed, there is insufficient room in the waiting area for petitioners.

The Consulate staff did offer to pass along to the interviewer that I was at the Consulate and available to answer any question in necessary, after I questioned their policy. Fortunately Hien passed, seems they where less interested in our evidence and more interested in Hien’s mother and father. Both were members of the communist party. In fact, the translator made a feebly attempt to trick Hien when asked about Marxism. No, I am not kidding, the interviewer asked Hien when she studied Marxism and did she intend to join a communist party once in the US.

None of that matters now. Hien and I are leaving this Sunday for the US. She picked up her visa on Valentines Day.

David

Timeline

Jeeze, yeah. Just do as that crazy Texan did, assuming you're an American citizen, and go straight into American services and keep pulling number's until they either kick you out or your fiancee finishes. Nice room: A/C, 5 private bathrooms, comfie chairs. Hey, congrads on the Sunday flight, maybe we'll see eachother in Tacoma someday.

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

David,

I would recommend you to remove all travel information related to you and your fiance on this forum until you two arrive safely in your hometown. Good luck and have a safetrip.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Why do you say that, ChuckandKim?

K-1

Adjustment of Status

Removing Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just me, precaution!

As long as my wife is still in VN, still on a plane to come to America, still at the POE, still at the Immigration desk at the Airport, I wouldn't post any traveling information. Just a phone call Ride, just a phone call to the consulate could stop you dead right at the gate on the plane to America. Just one call to the consulate, they would stop your wife from entering the US. Knowing that we all have been posting a lot of personal and very detail information on this board, anyone could harm us an our wife. I'm more concerned with the folks in VN, bitter neighbors or jeoulous relatives etc. could mess up your travel plan. A relative got stopped at Tan Son Nhat back in the early 90's when she and her family left Saigon under ODP structure (different immigration status), they were stopped and sent home because someone in the neighborhood reported to the local police that she didn't pay her tax on the house she sold before she left for America. So the local police called the HAI QUAN at TSN, stopped her. Missed her flight, spend more money to take care the local police etc. In the end, she got to leave Saigon. But with so much hassle, just because of one phone call. Keep things undercover, nobody should know your travel plan, only her parents. Just say: Oh we'll leave in a FEW days/weeks and then leave tomorrow! I worried too much!!!

Have a safe and uneventful trip to America.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
Just me, precaution!

As long as my wife is still in VN, still on a plane to come to America, still at the POE, still at the Immigration desk at the Airport, I wouldn't post any traveling information. Just a phone call Ride, just a phone call to the consulate could stop you dead right at the gate on the plane to America. Just one call to the consulate, they would stop your wife from entering the US. Knowing that we all have been posting a lot of personal and very detail information on this board, anyone could harm us an our wife. I'm more concerned with the folks in VN, bitter neighbors or jeoulous relatives etc. could mess up your travel plan. A relative got stopped at Tan Son Nhat back in the early 90's when she and her family left Saigon under ODP structure (different immigration status), they were stopped and sent home because someone in the neighborhood reported to the local police that she didn't pay her tax on the house she sold before she left for America. So the local police called the HAI QUAN at TSN, stopped her. Missed her flight, spend more money to take care the local police etc. In the end, she got to leave Saigon. But with so much hassle, just because of one phone call. Keep things undercover, nobody should know your travel plan, only her parents. Just say: Oh we'll leave in a FEW days/weeks and then leave tomorrow! I worried too much!!!

Have a safe and uneventful trip to America.

Dear ChuckandKim,

Thank you for your remind, it's of course, we don't want to have any problem. But that story was more than 10 years ago. Vietnam now is different, the customer cannot stop the people go out due to one phone call easily like that, and the situation you said was not correct according to the law.

First, when selling a house, if she didn't pay her tax, the process will be not completed, it means the house is still under her name and she will lose her house after she went to USA, it's naturally her house will belong to government. The government doesn't need to stop her for the tax of the house, the value of the house is bigger than the tax payment.

Second, the man who order to stop them at custom office and her neighborhood will be sued to the court and they will have to pay for her family all the tickets and the payment for delay.

I used to be threatened by some people about our visa process, I told them that they will have problem if my visa process is delayed and they will have to pay for all of our fees such as the trips ticket of David and his staying payment in VN plus the payment for delay.

It't the truth, we can sue them if they like to do the bad things.

Hien

Timeline

Yeah, I agree with Hien. The consulate's just too busy and overloaded to get involved these days. And, with Tet, nobody's even working now. Maybe if you said something along the lines of what Bush is fighting in Aghan, that could mess you're plans up a bit.

K-1

Adjustment of Status

Removing Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.