limah

Birth Control

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just want to know how many women have had the discussion of using birth control with your husbands or fiance? I have had the conversation with my husband and he insists thats it the best thing for us. Not only because he isn't here, he insists that for the first year we should use it as well. You know, wait until hes established himself and can take care of us. I work from home now, so I am looking forward to being this "at home mom"/"work from home"kinda chick.

Besides, that's all he wants, is to be able to take care of his wife and family.

Anybody????????????

Im sure this has been brought up before but maybe some points of view have changed..... One who agreed before may no longer agree..... and vice versa.

Limah (L)(F)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Both of us are against birth control.

My ex husband had me get my tubes tied which I hated doing but it was that or no sexlife since he was "done" and refused to get a vasectomy. As soon as my husband gets here our first trip together will be a long weekend to North Carolina where I'll be having a tubal reversal done. After that it's up to G-d how many kids we will have.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I just want to know how many women have had the discussion of using birth control with your husbands or fiance? I have had the conversation with my husband and he insists thats it the best thing for us. Not only because he isn't here, he insists that for the first year we should use it as well. You know, wait until hes established himself and can take care of us. I work from home now, so I am looking forward to being this "at home mom"/"work from home"kinda chick.

Besides, that's all he wants, is to be able to take care of his wife and family.

Anybody????????????

Im sure this has been brought up before but maybe some points of view have changed..... One who agreed before may no longer agree..... and vice versa.

Limah (L)(F)

This topic has been tackled here already, but still a good topic.

My husband feels the same way, all he wants to do is take care of his family :thumbs: And ME/NA ppl in general want children soon after marriage, but I think ppl thinking with common sense would want to wait.

My husband and I both want children, me esp before I am 30. Buuuuut we both knowwe would want him there for the birth and the baby year... we both could not even imagine being apart then.

My husband is kinda c'est la vie about it... and I am actually not. He does not want me taking any birth control, and then thou I would I have had bad experiences medically with birth control...so we donnot. We practice common sense and family planning.

My husband wants to think i could just have the baby there (if I were pregnant) but I would rather not. But if it did happen, for sure I would having it there and apply for a N-600. If I had a baby here, with my current situation I would totally be screwed.

And I agree Limah, I would love and am wanting to be a work from home mom...buuuut it all depends when my husband gets here, if he could find work that has medical benefits :unsure:

Timeline

I think I remember you talking about that before Doodle. I hope God blesses u and your husband with as many children as he sees fit and that you and your husband can handle. He never puts too much on our plates.

The decision for us to use it is of course a temporary thing. I learn something new everyday. I have never heard of this form you mention Henia. I'll mention it to my husband. I mean its not written in blood or anything that we absolutely have to use it. Medical benefits, another good point. My daughter is covered by her fathers insurance and I am not a sickly person, but I do have an individual plan that I think I'm paying waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much for.

This is why I posted a topic that I was 100% sure has been mentioned before. I am not one who is going to do a search and look up a topic. I like the freshest of the fresh responses.

Anybody that doesnt want to respond or repeat... how would I know anyway. But thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Limah (L)(F)

Edited by limah

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

im on the pill for reasons other than birth control... but i will be going off of it soon, and def when we are married. we both want kids, whenever hashem sees fit.

its not a religious belief or anything... just the simple fact that we both want kids

Feb 16, 2007 I-129F SENT

Feb 17, 2007 I-129F recieved by CSC

Feb 20, 2007 NOA 1

Feb 23, 2007 touch

Feb 26, 2007 NOA 1 recieved in mail

May 9, 2007 NOA2!!!!! we are on our way!

May 23, 2007 NVC finally sends on our case

June 12, 2007 Packet 3

July 27, 2007 Interview

AUG 14, 2007 APPROVED!

Oct 8, 2007 finally together again

Nov 2, 2007 Legally married

Nov 29, 2007 AOS paperwork sent

Dec 3, 2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

Dec 22, 2007 RFE

Jan 15, 2008 RFE returned

Jan 25, 2008 RFE recieved, last touch on AOS

Feb 22, 2008 EAD recieved

Mar 29, 2008 AP application sent... late but just in case

May 2008 AP approved!

Sept 5, 2008 AOS approved!

next dealing with UCIS June 2010

אני לדודי ודודי לי

Timeline
im on the pill for reasons other than birth control... but i will be going off of it soon, and def when we are married. we both want kids, whenever hashem sees fit.

its not a religious belief or anything... just the simple fact that we both want kids

I know my husband wants children, too. Very badly. But not to the point to where he would have me doing this on my own. Its not a religious thing either. A few friends of mine were saying to me, "Oh Girl, you know thats all he wants to do is get married and have kids. He is not going to "let" you take any birth control". I simply responded by saying, "And thats a bad thing?"I wouldn't go behind his back and take it. That is not what I am saying. One of the main reasons I love my husband is because he is always willing to talk about things. We have never had one argument, disagreement yes. But that was over my daughter showing her tukus in Morocco! :lol:

Limah (L)(F)

Anybody????????????

Limah (L)(F)

My husband feels the same way, all he wants to do is take care of his family :thumbs: And ME/NA ppl in general want children soon after marriage, but I think ppl thinking with common sense would want to wait.

My husband and I both want children, me esp before I am 30. Buuuuut we both knowwe would want him there for the birth and the baby year... we both could not even imagine being apart then.

My husband is kinda c'est la vie about it... and I am actually not. He does not want me taking any birth control, and then thou I would I have had bad experiences medically with birth control...so we donnot. We practice common sense and family planning.

My husband wants to think i could just have the baby there (if I were pregnant) but I would rather not. But if it did happen, for sure I would having it there and apply for a N-600. If I had a baby here, with my current situation I would totally be screwed.

And I agree Limah, I would love and am wanting to be a work from home mom...buuuut it all depends when my husband gets here, if he could find work that has medical benefits :unsure:

Where can I find this form?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I know my husband wants children, too. Very badly. But not to the point to where he would have me doing this on my own. Its not a religious thing either. A few friends of mine were saying to me, "Oh Girl, you know thats all he wants to do is get married and have kids. He is not going to "let" you take any birth control". I simply responded by saying, "And thats a bad thing?"I wouldn't go behind his back and take it. That is not what I am saying. One of the main reasons I love my husband is because he is always willing to talk about things. We have never had one argument, disagreement yes. But that was over my daughter showing her tukus in Morocco! :lol:

Limah (L)(F)

Anybody????????????

Limah (L)(F)

Where can I find this form?

Are you talking about the N-600?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Leaving in the hands of the powers that be. We say what was meant to be will be and we will be blessed with all the children we will have.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have discussed birth control and have not come up with a solution for the future. We will try and have two children. After that some method of birth control will be used. My fiance wants to take care care of the baby and I, but he will not be able to support us to the level I currently live in the beginning. I will always work. I love my job most aspects of it besides the flying. My job also allows me to be at home some too.

My fiance really wants children very badly. All I hear, the baby, the baby, the baby. he he I am self sufficient. A second income is wonderful but if we do not have excellent child care then someone will stay home and care for the baby. I'm an ####### parent and believe in being there-mommie or daddy. We will only use a babysitter when necessary.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

my fiance wants us to have children right away. i want them right away too but common sense tells me to wait.

i want spend more time together alone. enjoy ourselves for a while because this will be all so new to both of us! i don't know if it would be wise to add on another huge thing after him moving here, changing language, culture, trying to find a job and earn decent money, my parents, etc. i think we need to settle in more before we think about that. he also wants to take care of me and if i want to stay home. i can. so i don't see us trying to for a baby until he is settled into a career that would allow for that.

i also want to have a big wedding months after our civil marriage so i certainly want to wait until after that! i don't want to be pregnant in my gown. hehe

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband loves my kids and wants to get to know them better before we even begin to think about having another child. Plus we want to get to know each other better. There are so many adjustments and we would rather wait till another child comes into the home.

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs:

Exactly what we're planning as well. We had discussed getting pregnant right away but decided waiting at least a year would be best.

My husband loves my kids and wants to get to know them better before we even begin to think about having another child. Plus we want to get to know each other better. There are so many adjustments and we would rather wait till another child comes into the home.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I agree with amy.

Stewart and I have definitely discussed...but we did so WAY before we got married. That's one of those conversations I think is an important PRE MARITAL talk.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.