Penti

What address to use?

10 posts in this topic

Hi, Please can you clarify this for me. I'm writing a joint letter of intent for myself and my fiance to sign and sent with the I-129F, but it's not clear to me what address should go on it. The FAQ sample shows:

United States Department of State

United States Consulate, [NAME OF COUNTRY WHERE EMBASSY IS LOCATED]

[EMBASSY ADDRESS]

However the petition will be going to the Texas service center which is neither a consulate or an embassy (is it?).

USCIS Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 850965

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

The petition is being sent from Florida.

Here is how I have worded the joint letter so far:

We, Crystal *** ******* and Christopher **** *******, do hereby state that we are legally able and willing to marry one another, and intend to do so within 90 days of Christopher’s entry into the United States using the K-1 Visa.

Sent I-751 pack - 4/22/09

I-751 delivered - 4/24/09

Check cleared - 5/5/09

NOA1 received - 5/8/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

the address you place on it will be the address of the consulate where the interview will take place.

Your wording is good on the LOI. Be sure to have 1 for you signed and dated and 1 for your SO signed and dated.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_uzbek_2fagm.gif

Thanks! So the below would be fine then!?

Fiancé Letter of Intent

Crystal Simpson

Appt’ ****

Florida, *****

United States Consulate, United Kingdom

24 Grosvenor Square

London, W1A 1AE

United Kingdom

March 10th 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

We, Crystal *** ******* and Christopher **** *******, do hereby state that we are legally able and willing to marry one another, and intend to do so within 90 days of Christopher’s entry into the United States using the K-1 Visa.

Signed,

Crystal ******* Chris *******

Sent I-751 pack - 4/22/09

I-751 delivered - 4/24/09

Check cleared - 5/5/09

NOA1 received - 5/8/09

Your current letter is going to USCIS. As such it should be addressed to USCIS. If and when you need a second letter of intent for your Embassy then you should address it to the Embassy.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

You were asked for a "statement". You need no address on the statement; simply your words attesting to your intent to marry is adequate but if you must make it a letter of correspondence then "to whom it may concern" is adequate.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks! So the below would be fine then!?

Fiancé Letter of Intent

Crystal Simpson

Appt’ ****

Florida, *****

United States Consulate, United Kingdom

24 Grosvenor Square

London, W1A 1AE

United Kingdom

March 10th 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

Signed,

Crystal ******* Chris *******

That looks great :) Best of luck :thumbs:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

[Chris on Crystal's login]

Thanks for your suggestions! Seems like there's a little confusion as to what's required here though. Looks like even if we write a joint letter we should have two letters of intent, or one if we don't address it at all.

Could this be cleared up in the FAQ section for the future?

Chris.

Timeliney Goodness

Late October, 2002 - Exchange PMs on a message board after being pointed towards each other by mutual friends.

December 30, 2002 - Meet in Edinburgh. I change plans to spend my second week of holiday with Chris.

After many, many trips back and forth...

September 27, 2005 - Chris comes over for three months to try the living together thing.

December 23, 2005 - We go to the UK to spend Christmas with his family (our first Christmas together)

January 4, 2006 - Chris almost doesn't get back into the country, but they end up letting him stay another three months.

February 14, 2006 - Attempted proposal. Aborted due to cold food and bad atmosphere.

February 17, 2006 - Successful proposal. Huzzah!

March 20, 2006 - Finally get I-129F Packet together and sent off to Texas Service Center.

March 28, 2006 - NOA1

April 1, 2006 - Touch

April 4, 2006 - NOA1 letter recieved.

June 23, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Notice Date

June 30, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Recieved in Mail, filled out and sent back Express Mail about an hour later.

July 03, 2006 - Touch (RFE recieved by CSC)

July 06, 2006 - Touch

July 07, 2006 - Touch

July 08, 2006 - Touch

July 25, 2006 - APPROVED!!

Talk about LOST at

The Hatch!

You were asked for a "statement". You need no address on the statement; simply your words attesting to your intent to marry is adequate but if you must make it a letter of correspondence then "to whom it may concern" is adequate.

I agree. I should have said if they want to address them theyt should be to who they are writing to, the USCIS, and if they do updated letters of intent for the Embassy they should be addressed to the Embassy should they want to address the letters.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree. I should have said if they want to address them theyt should be to who they are writing to, the USCIS, and if they do updated letters of intent for the Embassy they should be addressed to the Embassy should they want to address the letters.

The only reason I was including an address is that I was following the FAQ example off here. I think I'll do what you suggest and use multiple copies with the appropriate address on each.

Timeliney Goodness

Late October, 2002 - Exchange PMs on a message board after being pointed towards each other by mutual friends.

December 30, 2002 - Meet in Edinburgh. I change plans to spend my second week of holiday with Chris.

After many, many trips back and forth...

September 27, 2005 - Chris comes over for three months to try the living together thing.

December 23, 2005 - We go to the UK to spend Christmas with his family (our first Christmas together)

January 4, 2006 - Chris almost doesn't get back into the country, but they end up letting him stay another three months.

February 14, 2006 - Attempted proposal. Aborted due to cold food and bad atmosphere.

February 17, 2006 - Successful proposal. Huzzah!

March 20, 2006 - Finally get I-129F Packet together and sent off to Texas Service Center.

March 28, 2006 - NOA1

April 1, 2006 - Touch

April 4, 2006 - NOA1 letter recieved.

June 23, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Notice Date

June 30, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Recieved in Mail, filled out and sent back Express Mail about an hour later.

July 03, 2006 - Touch (RFE recieved by CSC)

July 06, 2006 - Touch

July 07, 2006 - Touch

July 08, 2006 - Touch

July 25, 2006 - APPROVED!!

Talk about LOST at

The Hatch!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

When my husband and I were doing the whole fiance visa thing, we didn't find VJ until after we filed the initial petition. We included two separate and individually signed statements of intent, addressed "To Whom It May Concern" and that's it.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.